It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The health risk of having a gun in the home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It should be obvious, I think, that he doesn't speak for all of us?? It is, isn't it?

Obviously !

It's just good common sense to have what amounts to a fire extinguisher in case of fire. Don't necessarily need it, but one day I might, or my family might. I am not about to depend upon poorly trained, for the most part, LEO's for their safety, assuming that they'd even show up to a call in time to do anything other than clean up the mess. Should that day ever come, I fully intend to have been the one having made the mess, than to be the mess. Y'know?

I too live in a country that has criminals, but i dont need to carry ever for any reason as the people here are clearly not as nutty as they across the pond.

You may not see it, but i see an obstruction of freedom by needing to carry just in case, the whole concept to me would be like carrying around toilet paper in case i need to take a crap. This is another reason many of your citizens are on edge, including first res ponders, police especially .

Land of the Free, indeed, because I am allowed the means to defend me and mine...and will do so as necessary.

I feel free not needing a weapon as a precaution.

I'd much rather use my firearms for more enjoyable pursuits like punching holes in paper a couple hundred yards down range, or walking the fields with friends hunting pheasant or grouse...even geese occasionally down along the confluence of the Snake and Columbia--though in nearly 45 years of goose hunting I've never even come close, they laugh at me now. As you can see there are many uses "guns" can be put to.

We are as free to do the same here, except we don't have pheasants and stuff to shoot, more like pigs and roos.

I shot a 12 gauge pump action shotty at my mates farm a while back, sure it was a bit of a thrill and we shot cans and whatever, i have no issue with guns, i simply have an issue with everyone having guns all the time everywhere you go, and i would rather live somewhere that is not the norm....

Oh and before i get accused of telling people how to live and what to do, please understand that you are free to do whatever the hell pleases you and yours for whatever reasons you want, i too have made my choice, i was born in the U.S, i am a citizen, i have duel nationality and i choose to live here and not there.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It should be obvious, I think, that he doesn't speak for all of us?? It is, isn't it?

Obviously !

Sweet. Same page so far.

I too live in a country that has criminals, but i dont need to carry ever for any reason as the people here are clearly not as nutty as they across the pond.

You may not see it, but i see an obstruction of freedom by needing to carry just in case, the whole concept to me would be like carrying around toilet paper in case i need to take a crap. This is another reason many of your citizens are on edge, including first res ponders, police especially .

You mean you don't carry TP?

I, actually, don't feel on edge frankly. I've been called paranoid, on edge, or any combination there of. I honestly don't feel that way. There's nothing on edge about being aware of your surroundings, or having a tool on hand to deal with such happenstances, should they occur. Odds are they won't...but one never knows what fate may have in store.

I feel free not needing a weapon as a precaution.

...and you are certainly welcome to do that. We simply disagree.

We are as free to do the same here, except we don't have pheasants and stuff to shoot, more like pigs and roos.

I shot a 12 gauge pump action shotty at my mates farm a while back, sure it was a bit of a thrill and we shot cans and whatever, i have no issue with guns, i simply have an issue with everyone having guns all the time everywhere you go, and i would rather live somewhere that is not the norm....

Oh and before i get accused of telling people how to live and what to do, please understand that you are free to do whatever the hell pleases you and yours for whatever reasons you want, i too have made my choice, i was born in the U.S, i am a citizen, i have duel nationality and i choose to live here and not there.

No worries. There are, however, some who do. ...I'd love to live in Oz, maybe not permanently, but certainly long enough to explore it properly--which would take a long, long while.

Oh, are roos a problem critter? Or is it just when they get where they're not supposed to? Pigs? Well they're a problem just about everywhere...nasty feral hogs sure taste good though.
edit on 2/22/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Sweet. Same page so far.

You mean you don't carry TP?

Truth be told i keep a roll in the truck, who'da thunk you need to be prepared when you have kids

I, actually, don't feel on edge frankly. I've been called paranoid, on edge, or any combination there of. I honestly don't feel that way. There's nothing on edge about being aware of your surroundings, or having a tool on hand to deal with such happenstances, should they occur. Odds are they won't...but one never knows what fate may have in store.

I think we disagree here because our way of life is a little different. Im glad you are aware of your surroundings and i suspect you are quite competent with your weapon, which is a big help to ones confidence.

I'd love to live in Oz

Do it, i highly recommend it, great place to explore .

Oh, are roos a problem critter?

Not really, farmers may disagree with me however, some people on properties like to shoot them because they can be pests and some people just like to shoot them. For the most part they are free to bounce around.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Just like to shoot 'em? That's disturbing on many levels, I find.

Even when I was a kid and we'd go out with our .22's, my cousins and I, along with an uncle or two, and we'd shoot ground squirrels, they always come home with us and were in the pot for next days dinner.

Shooting something just because you can? I have issues with that...always will. My view on that is respect what you kill, and use everything from it, anything less is disrespectful to Mother Earth--and she can be a mean one when she's pissed.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Yes, i agree it just disturbing and i hate people that do it. This country is full of rednecks and some get out in their utes and drive round shooting whatever moves.

I have issues with anyone that kills for fun, personally i dont even kill the rats and mice, i catch and release them, excuse the hippi rant but we are all made of the same stardust, everything is, i tend to agree with how the native Americans view mother earth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join