It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestle LEAVES CALIFORNIA Over Liberal Policies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is just the start of the exodus. I see many big companies leaving. Their voting to jump up minimum wage in some parts of California is a big problem too. The attitudes of some of the Liberals is bad for businesses that have to compete outside of their state. California better get their act together and get control of their act.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Race to the bottom

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Are you trying to claim that because it is raining now California hasn't been going through droughts?

So all the reports of droughts for the past few years there must be fake news right?

Attention span of a goldfish.

refresh

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Are you trying to claim that because it is raining now California hasn't been going through droughts?

So all the reports of droughts for the past few years there must be fake news right?

Attention span of a goldfish.

refresh

I thought you meant the drought was still on.

We have been in a horrible drought.

We are now sick of the rain.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wasn't it Nestle that bottled water from the tap but sold it as mountain natural spring water?

Pissed off Californias should classaction.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah I'm def not big on the politics of California... But eff nestle.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Say what you will. I live in So Cali, and jobs are here. We just had the largest Ikea open IN THE WORLD...The Jobs and Money are a hell of a lot better than 9 years ago...and that is a FACT...I love it here in So Cali.

The Jobless rate is not nearly as high as 9 years ago here....Clearly these companies were not needed by us, there are plenty of jobs to be had here.

edit on 20-2-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another story ....

3 Simple Charts That Help Explain Why 9,000 Businesses Have Left California In Just 7 Years

We recently came across some simple charts from the Tax Foundation that simply and effectively illustrate why businesses are fleeing states like California by the 1,000s.

In the first chart, the Tax Foundation presents data from The Bureau of Economic Analysis to compare purchasing power of $100 depending which state you live in. Ironically, the map turned out to look eerily similar to recent electoral college maps of Presidential elections with the Democrat-leaning northeast and west coast areas getting less bang for their buck compared to the southeast and mid-west. Could it be that rather than voting their desires to cling to "guns and religion," to quote President Obama, that Americans in the southeast and mid-west are actually voting to preserve a higher standard of life that doesn't require them to spend $2mm on an 800 square foot apartment?

smartest thing anyone has ever said Indiana resident here I pay 600 a month for 2800 square feet and two bedroom me and the kids have all the room we ever need don't know why anyone would want to live in a place where you # and eat in the same tiny space

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Good, less likely to make our candy bars with illegals from any other State.

Wow that one makes me laugh but it's a good point

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nestle should be put 6 feet under.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Nestle should be put 6 feet under.

Below or above the water table ?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Grimpachi

What Drought ?

The one that has happened the past couple of years and is still ongoing.

U.S. Drought Monitor

It's been raining here for a month.

Did you see the Dam overflowing ?

That's in California.

I don't need a map to tell me what mud is.

I think you forget that California gets most of its water from Snow pack in the summer. This year is looking good for snowpack but it may still get warm enough to melt it early leading to flooding early and drought later in the year.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

yeah, working at ikea is so much better than working at the headquarters of nestle.
plenty of Obama minimum wage shovel ready jobs in California.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

they will still be doing it, it`s only their headquarters that is moving to Virginia.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I have lived in Calif born and raised here,when I was a kid quite a few were self employed ,and most mom's stayed at home and most owned homes,now the city I grew up in charges about 9k a year in city taxes,small buisness pretty much non existant,to own your own buisness you have to be rich,because of liberals,selling out to corporate whores,I'm retiring soon,and it looks like in a different state,this place is getting rediculous,if they were to become a country it would end up looking like No Korea

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

What happened to California? It used to be the most progressive conservative state in the country. Now it is a bastion of liberalism, supposedly. Well at least they're not hypocrites in Virginia...Now there's a bunch of right-wingers for ya! Or Maryland. Go to where the big, big dollars are...go to Virgin Country, erp, ahem.

The way we deal with high taxes and f***ed up regulation in New York is by engaging in corruption. And it works! You wouldn't believe how vibrant the economy has become...or how gangsterified the middle class is (or what's left of it). Corruption and non-violent crime rule in NY. They should try it more in California, maybe not all the conservatives will leave!
edit on 21-2-2017 by Namdru because: corruption rules in NY

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

California made sense for Nestle because it is the wealthiest state -- in part, because it has the richest agricultural economy.
Nice place to live, if you can afford it. But so is northern Virginia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join