It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama -best or worst President ever?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Menrva

Bush attacked two nations: Afghanistan and Iraq. Obama attacked two more nations: Libya and Syria.

Bush drone attacked Pakistan and Yemen. Obama increased the drone attacks against Pakistan and Yemen.

Bush began warrant-less spying, Obama expanded it.

Bush introduced "indefinite detentions", Obama signed it into law (NDAA).

Bush met with Mexican President Fox and Canadian President Harper to initiate the North American Union under the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America.

Obama did his part to push the globalist agenda via the TPP.

They both increased spending, the national debt, the size of government and civil asset forfeitures.

All true, but forgot to add the part where bush lied us into Iraq and gave the multibillion dollar rebuild contract to his own company..

Which in my personal opinion is the most corrupt act in modern political history..

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

All true, but forgot to add the part where bush lied us into Iraq and gave the multibillion dollar rebuild contract to his own company..

Which in my personal opinion is the most corrupt act in modern political history..

I think you mean Cheney right? Cheney was Chairman and CEO until 2000.

the Iraq was was already planned before 9/11 so ya know..

it was all in the works. the patriot act was ready to go as well.

Bush is my least favorite president I was old enough to know much about.

Obama is a CLOSE second.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Awesome, you all. This is the kind of info I was looking for. People always say they did or didn't like him, but hardly ever does anyone say WHY. I agree that there are good and bad things about him as well, just like every other president.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
He looks better and better every day.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I worked in the healthcare industry and knew the ACA was going to be a disaster.
I never liked his using drones to execute people in sovereign countries with no trial.

I always appreciated him playing the long game with Putin and ISIL, and not giving them what they want, not being baited into emotional goofs.

He got UBL after Bush gave up trying.

I liked that he fought the keystone pipeline, (canadian oil going to the Koch bros refineries to be sold overseas)

I LOVED that he understood science.

He inherited an actual mess, and left us with peace and prosperity, even though many of the jobs are not what we had pre-2007, that is on wall street and congress, not the Executive branch.

He is easily above Clinton, pappa Bush, baby Bush, Carter, and Nixon.

He is right there with Ronnie. Ronnie had double digit unemployment, almost spent us into a recession, and Ronnie lied to us all about not "recalling" anything about Iran-contra, had over 100 people in his administration investigated and that knocks him down a peg.

Ronnie also won the cold war, tore DOWN a wall, favored amnesty for illegals, and was a solid leader

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
He's neither the best nor the worst.
I'm altering my post because I was hasty.

He did a lot with the situation he inherited. He didn't whine or complain too much.
I didn't care for ACA that forced people to buy insurance even if it caused a hardship.
edit on 2202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well he did strike fear with the regulations he installed. The regulations trump just repealed.
New housing bubble, Wells Fargo opening fake accounts under your name?? You haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
He's neither the best nor the worst.
I'm just betting that he comes out the worst here in alt right crazy land.

nope it's actually not alt right crazy land.

Most people who are against Obama, were ALSO against Bush..

You must have not been here back then? Conservatives who liked Bush were scared to post. We gave Bush HELL.. Alex Jones called Bush Satan a million times went after everything he did..

Then we gave Obama a grace period at first.. Like thank god that guy is gone..

And now we have a smart president! This is going to be awesome..

so you know why the pattern stopped with Trump? He doesn't seem like a neocon..
So conspiracy minded people want anyone who's not a neocon.
especially someone hated by both parties of the establishment.

Are people right about Trump?
Who the hell knows at this point.

Bait and switch comes to mind, and is a very scary proposition.

But you'll see if he turns out to really be another puppet ATS will turn on him hard.

Then he started catching hell.

He did a lot with the situation he inherited. He didn't whine or complain too much.
I didn't care for ACA that forced people to buy insurance even if it caused a hardship

I agree.

edit on 20-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If nothing else, agree with his politics or not, Obama was intelligent, eloquent, and always acted with decorum. Unlike the Jethro Bodine we have in there now.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Best divider in chief.

Best national debtor in chief.

Best honeymooner in chief.

Best Googler in chief.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I think you mean Cheney right? Cheney was Chairman and CEO until 2000.

the Iraq was was already planned before 9/11 so ya know..

it was all in the works. the patriot act was ready to go as well.

Bush is my least favorite president I was old enough to know much about.

Obama is a CLOSE second.

Bush owned big stock as well , it was just Cheney was a controlling partner.

Think the bush family helped start Halliburton but W personally was only a stock holder.

I'm not a big Obama fan , but he had nothing to touch Iraq and Halliburton level corruption..

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
I worked in the healthcare industry and knew the ACA was going to be a disaster.
I never liked his using drones to execute people in sovereign countries with no trial.

I always appreciated him playing the long game with Putin and ISIL, and not giving them what they want, not being baited into emotional goofs.

He got UBL after Bush gave up trying.

I liked that he fought the keystone pipeline, (canadian oil going to the Koch bros refineries to be sold overseas)

I LOVED that he understood science.

He inherited an actual mess, and left us with peace and prosperity, even though many of the jobs are not what we had pre-2007, that is on wall street and congress, not the Executive branch.

He is easily above Clinton, pappa Bush, baby Bush, Carter, and Nixon.

He is right there with Ronnie. Ronnie had double digit unemployment, almost spent us into a recession, and Ronnie lied to us all about not "recalling" anything about Iran-contra, had over 100 people in his administration investigated and that knocks him down a peg.

Ronnie also won the cold war, tore DOWN a wall, favored amnesty for illegals, and was a solid leader

Man I think Bush 1 might have Obama beat... bush 2 was just soooo bad he brings down the whole family.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If you had family who was slaughtered in Syria by Obama backed moderate rebels (ISIS, AlQaeda) you hate him.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Definitely the worst and least qualified of my lifetime.

This is coming from someone who voted for him once.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

neither ?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

If you're a globalist, a banker, or someone who hates America, you probably love Obama and what he "accomplished".

If you are a fan of unity, American sovereignty and the Constitution, it should be plain to see that Obama was a terrible president.

Isnt Globalism unity on a grand scale?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

He sucked, but he wasn't the worst.

I agree, the worst in my lifetime was probably LBJ. A thoroughly disreputable, scumb bag and in my view, probably one of the group that planed the death of JFK.
Next to Johnson, Obama was a pussy cat.
edit on 20-2-2017 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm a liberal, but feel I have a reasonable perspective (i.e. not brainwashed).

On one hand, he was a great orator. He did really well post-Bush in rehabilitating the global perception of the US, which frankly was decimated after Bush Jr.

As some have said on here, I'm not sure he actually got that much done. His Affordable Care Act was disappointing, including for real leftists, not to mention right wingers.

My biggest beef with him is that he and Clinton continued the neo-con wars in the ME, and supported the regime change proxy wars in Libya and Syria, which collectively have killed yet more hundreds of thousands of people and destabilized the ME. The liberals NEED to look at that. The actual leftists do, but your standard Democrat usually does not.

He also continued the domestic surveillance and neo-liberal pro-Wall Street policies of previous presidents, which both only help the oligarchy.

However, compared to Bush he is WAY better. Those who call Obama the worst president ever are deluded.

Bush Jr. invaded two countries, and Iraq was based on lies and was an evil war of preemptive aggression. Illegal under international law. Several hundred thousand civilians dead. Chaos in Iraq still such as the rise of ISIS.

He also passed the Patriot Act, and started a public regime of torture, which is a war crime folks. Bush Jr. to my mind was one of the worst presidents ever. He should be in jail.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh please. Worse than Bush Jr. the war criminal?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Agreed. Not worst, not best.

My biggest problems with Obama were Syria and Libya. Proxy wars and regime change operations.

Still better than Bush Jr. and Trump I'm assuming is going to be.

<< 1    3 >>

join