It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama -best or worst President ever?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I honestly enjoy reading through the various political posts that have seemingly taken over ATS for the last six months at least, actually longer I think. These are almost always based upon how wonderful the person of one party is compared to the other. While people state their opinions, I rarely see anyone posting citations of where the "facts" come from. Sometimes the replies are just generalities with no real answer except "He was awful" or "He was the best ever".

So, for the last eight years we have been subjected to chatter from both sides regarding President Obama. Some stating he is the best President we have ever had, others saying he destroyed our country. Now, I'm not taking either side here, although I am a registered Democrat. I would honestly like to know what it is that President Obama did that was so wonderful and progressive for the American people. I also would like to know what it is he did that was so traitorous and wrong for our country. This is an honest inquiry and I hope it can be kept civil and answered with some substance.

Thank you for your input!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Menrva

If you're a globalist, a banker, or someone who hates America, you probably love Obama and what he "accomplished".

If you are a fan of unity, American sovereignty and the Constitution, it should be plain to see that Obama was a terrible president.
edit on 20-2-2017 by FamCore because: replied to wrong thread

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Menrva
I honestly enjoy reading through the various political posts that have seemingly taken over ATS for the last six months at least, actually longer I think. These are almost always based upon how wonderful the person of one party is compared to the other. While people state their opinions, I rarely see anyone posting citations of where the "facts" come from. Sometimes the replies are just generalities with no real answer except "He was awful" or "He was the best ever".

So, for the last eight years we have been subjected to chatter from both sides regarding President Obama. Some stating he is the best President we have ever had, others saying he destroyed our country. Now, I'm not taking either side here, although I am a registered Democrat. I would honestly like to know what it is that President Obama did that was so wonderful and progressive for the American people. I also would like to know what it is he did that was so traitorous and wrong for our country. This is an honest inquiry and I hope it can be kept civil and answered with some substance.

I think he is remembered as an average president..

All that stuff is graded on a curve.. we don't grade politicians vs all our previous politicians. We judge them compared to the presidents immediately before and after them..

Obama compared to a lincoin is obviously not gonna leave Obama looking very good..

But How will Obama stand up compared to bush and trump... well he already beats bush by a mile and trump remains to be seen.
edit on 20-2-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

He sucked, but he wasn't the worst.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
He looks better and better every day.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think he had good intentions but he did not have the finances to carry out his will. The big multinational corporations controlled him. Obamacare was a great way for Big Pharma to make tons of money off the people, national debt be damned. Congress obstructed him a lot when he tried to phase out coal power plants through the EPA. He walked a fine line to avoid a possible impeachment by the Republican congress. Never tried to do anything overboard. Overall, IMO a so so B level accomplishment.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

If you're a globalist, a banker, or someone who hates America, you probably love Obama and what he "accomplished".

If you are a fan of unity, American sovereignty and the Constitution, it should be plain to see that Obama was a terrible president.

Thank you for replying.
Can you tell me what he did that goes against this country? And why he was a terrible president? Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm really interested in hearing from both sides examples of the good and bad.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Bush attacked two nations: Afghanistan and Iraq. Obama attacked two more nations: Libya and Syria.

Bush drone attacked Pakistan and Yemen. Obama increased the drone attacks against Pakistan and Yemen.

Bush began warrant-less spying, Obama expanded it.

Bush introduced "indefinite detentions", Obama signed it into law (NDAA).

Bush met with Mexican President Fox and Canadian President Harper to initiate the North American Union under the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America.

Obama did his part to push the globalist agenda via the TPP.

They both increased spending, the national debt, the size of government and civil asset forfeitures.

edit on 20-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Member Hoovervilles?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
He had the cinderella story of going from a single parent kid to the president. If he were truly for the people, he would run for senator or governor. He's only in his 50s.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Menrva

Obama is the best mediocre president ever. His ability to negotiate with Congress is notable. He managed to pass a health care bill that didn't anticipate what it should have. He is now a successful ex-president.

Next.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: greenman4
I think he had good intentions but he did not have the finances to carry out his will. The big multinational corporations controlled him. Obamacare was a great way for Big Pharma to make tons of money off the people, national debt be damned. Congress obstructed him a lot when he tried to phase out coal power plants through the EPA. He walked a fine line to avoid a possible impeachment by the Republican congress. Never tried to do anything overboard. Overall, IMO a so so B level accomplishment.

What would have been the reason for impeachment?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

this one..

I liked a few things Gawd I can't remember all that took place anymore. I liked how Bush made the world hate us pretty much, and then Obama got elected and you could feel it around the world people were like oh America has a smart black man in there now they havn't lost their minds..

As far as bad things he basically lied about everything he promised to do..
He race baited and divided the country even more. (not his fault what took place but his reactions)

things like renewing NSA spying..
Trying to get these trade deals through that give corporations the ability to sue countries in a way that gives rich entities too much power over elected offices..

Libya.. Syria... Arming "rebels"

I'm trying to think of the good things, I'm sure there are some.. I cried at his first inauguration, and by the time those 4 years were up I couldn't vote for him or Romney.. If I was forced it would have been Obama all day, but still I didn't want to have to say I voted for him after what I saw the first time around.

Obamacare? Every time I do my taxes I'm wondering if I'll have to pay that freaking penalty for not having insurance.. That ILLEGAL tax.. Other taxes like that, other things like that like forcing people to have insurance if they drive a car? that's legal.. it's a priviledge to drive a car and have a license. I have a RIGHT to have my body, and in fact I can't do anything about it..

So basically I look at him as mr Banker..

And I don't like bankers.

I thought Bush was a worse president..
edit on 20-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Government overreach is one. EPA is supposed to enforce existing laws, not trying to create new laws.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-2-2017 by greenman4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other?

He was a good president, who did a lot of sh**ty things. He was also a bad president who did a lot of good things.

He seemed pretty good at diplomacy and pretty damn good at telling Russia to fk off.
He was really bad at telling the UAE to stop being an oppressive theocracy.
He did a good job with the Affordable Care Act initially, and then he did a really bad job with it. Ultimately, he did okay, but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done.
He did a good job getting re-elected.
He did a good job bailing out the banks and screwing the American people.
He did a good job making college more available to more people than ever before.
He did a bad job at ensuring the banks could never screw people over ever again.

And he probably did a lot of other good and bad things. The world is simply not as binary as being "the best" or "the worst".

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
This is the kind of answer I'm looking for, thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

He had a chance to strike fear into the bankers during the 2008 financial collapse - instead our tax dollars went straight to the banks to bail them out (even though they knew they were playing with risky investments, and KNEW if things got to a critical point they would be bailed out since they are so large the entire economy can't let them fail)

Then the bankers gave themselves hundreds of millions in bonuses and walked away scot-free (meanwhile thousands of pensions and retirement accounts were wiped out, millions of Americans lost their homes, and millions more were put out of work).

Then we have NDAA - quite possible the most constitutionally damaging law in American history - just look it up. Allowing for incarceration of American citizens without trial.

Then you have the significant increase in drone use and strikes - even killing American citizens abroad who weren't formally charged of anything.

Increase in the surveillance and police state.

Obama had opportunities to make real "change" like his entire campaign platform was about... "Hope". We have less freedoms than we did before.

Obama was in bed with big money and corporations (Monsanto for one - known for its chemicals and GMOs, even though Michelle Obama stated her and the Obamas only eat organic food, total hypocrites)

He screwed over regular hardworking Americans for his own political and personal gain.

edit on 20-2-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

He is in the middle somewhere. He is not the worst, not the best. Average at best. I will say this when Bush Jr. would come on the tv to speak I could only take so much and needed to change the channel. I also needed to change the channel when Obama spoke, and Trump I really don't know what to make of him. Possible broken record syndrome there. You just know that they were/ are lying to you with a smile on their face.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible
Good answer, thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Not the worst nor the best, but somewhere around the middle. Sort of "meh".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join