It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA allows JFK passengers to walk through security checkpoint without being screened

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Eleven passengers walked through a security lane without being screened at Kennedy Airport early Monday because the TSA left the area open and unattended, law enforcement sources said.

A security camera captured a metal detector going off three times as the travelers walked through the screening lane, the sources said.

Eleven passengers walked through a security lane without being screened at Kennedy Airport early Monday because the TSA left the area open and unattended, law enforcement sources said. A security camera captured a metal detector going off three times as the travelers walked through the screening lane, the sources said.

link

According to the article Port Authority was not notified for 2 hours and it is thought all boarded.

This is beyond incompetent. Probably more concerned about staying relevant and hoping they could find them and cover up.

Surprised this hasn't made more news. It was on local news (Tx) but this is a national issue

They said the 3 people that set of the metal detector all boarded Jet Blue for California.
edit on 20-2-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Whenever I have had to go through the TSA lines, they were like Nazis, shouting at people that did anything remotely wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Whenever I have had to go through the TSA lines, they were like Nazis, shouting at people that did anything remotely wrong.

They'd have to actually screeners in place to yell at people for that to happen.

According to the Washington Times, the line was "left open and unmanned" and that's how the 11 people got through. Don't worry though, three of the people that flew to California were screened after they landed.....in California. *eyeroll*

Times article

(OP's link is busted so there's another one ^^)
edit on 20-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: Oh Mickey you're so fine

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There was no screening when I was a kid. I used to pack a bunch of firecrackers, and rockets in my suitcase when I was out of state them smuggle them home. No one ever searched anything ever back then, and my parents didn't even care.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Fixed the link. I always get confused when in Breaking News

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

No worries, mine's a different source anyway. I always get tripped up by the google-news thing where it doesn't take you to the actual website but rather just an AMP link. # happens

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist since their formation, not a single one...it's all just window dressing!

Totally Senseless Agency = TSA

Billions upon billions upon BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars completely wasted, and the blood loss continues!

edit on 2/20/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Considering the TSA failure rate is like 95+ percent, does it really matter if people are screened or not?

Airport "security" is an illusion, it's probably the largest government failure there is. Which is a HUGE feat.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist since their formation, not a single one...it's all just window dressing!

Totally Senseless Agency = TSA

Billions upon billions upon BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars completely wasted, and the blood loss continues!

I think it's called security theater it gives the illusion of protection.
Also it conditions people to more invasive measures.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Gee, I'd be worried about the ethnicity of these individuals with all the scare tactics being thrown at us as of late.

hypothetically/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I guess we shouldn't be surprised if theres another false flag event in the very near future?

edit on 20-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

They were able to identify all of them from video and did screen them at their destination.
We got lucky that nothing happened.
Keys earnings watches all set off metal detectors.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

BRAVO!! If it wasn't so true I'd laugh!

Bravo!!

TSA is WORTHLESS!! Government boondoggle beyond comprehension...but not to worry, YOU pay for it!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I've never encountered that and I've dealt with them in Las Vegas and LAX where the crazies gather.
Nice as could be. Thorough and slow but not mean.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Keys earnings watches all set off metal detectors.

Depends on the kind of watch. The one I use for travel never sets it off, including today.

And no, I didn't do the self-screening like in the Original Post, I was a nice guy and went through the manned Pre-Check lane.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I found that the ones working for the NY/NJ PA are the worst in the country. Miserable and surly.

They are followed closely by the ones in Philthadelphia.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Gee, I feel safe...don't you???

What a JOKE!!!

Totally inept, clueless, politically correct nonsense! Just the most tragic JOKE ever envisioned to extort money from the American taxpayer! WORTHLESS!! INCOMPETENT, INEFFECTIVE, ANNOYING, EXPENSIVE and WORTHLESS!!

Serioulsly?????....screended them after they landed??????? "WHEW...I was worried for a moment!!" /extreme sarcasm orgasm!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It was on cable news stations too MSNBC. My tv only knows that, the food network and HGTV.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well, frankly, that explains a lot!

...a real lot!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

See how well it's working?

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join