It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first commercial flying car available now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Sadly the price of this car is way above my paygrade, but nevertheless, it's great to see they are finally here. Pal-V,
this hybrid car first started off known as Carver one and showed a lot of fun to drive too.

At the heart of the Carver One lies the Dynamic Vehicle Control (DVC) system which automatically adjusts the tilt angle of the cockpit to the speed and acceleration of the vehicle. The power of this system lies in the fact that it is a simultaneous system enabling an ideal plane-like ‘tilting before corning’rather than a reactive system that, by definition, would act too late

The carver one also made it to the great Topgear gents and had a great time with this machine.

But, now combining two forces namely the Carver one and a gyrocopter into one made this a whole new experience and approved for taking into commercial sales, like right now.

Lets see some specs:

Pal-V

For about € 500.000,- It's yours and don't drink and fly, have a nice flight.

edit on 0b41America/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 16:34:41 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 16:34:41 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Now we can have idiots texting while flying too!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Looks like a low budget James Bond mobile. Nobody could afford the insurance if they were as numerous as cars, smashing into everything.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Who really wants to see millions of these flying around the cities, pilot/drivers throwing cares to the wind..... ?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It's pretty serious here, they going to fly over here, our government approved this, but they have to go and take off at a local airfield and also land there.

Shortly, they are going to build takeoff and landing strips parallel to the highway.

a reply to: Plotus
You have to get a license first before you can fly this thing, and they're going to be used mainly for ambulances, doctors to aid where they are needed.
edit on 0b46America/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 16:26:46 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 16:26:46 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sky Bumper Cars. A reality, a deadly reality.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I wait for the 2 seater version, using it as a kind of cheap VIP taxi, it will pay itself in 5 years time.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Too much in-flight vibration.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My dad was looking into buy one before Xmas but he said the price was ridiculous and he could probably have his R&D team build one for less.

Dought he's even going to bother with that, for me and many it's just a dream for the future.

Or very bad idea if we start seeing people falling from the sky....Dont drink and fly lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Finally!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Norge

Don't wait, because it's a two-seater version

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

It's just a bloody helicopter with wheels ffs. And they'd sell a load more if it was cheaper! I don't see the logic in pricing something out of most peoples range. If it was cheaper, more people would buy it... meaning you'd make your cash anyway.

Sell 100 of these at 500,000 = 50 mil. Sell 5000 at 10,000 = 50 mil. which way would you get your 50 mil quicker?

I'm waiting for the Jet-pack: Can fly around with this too and should be much more affordable.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
People will die in this design.

What is the glide rate when the inevitable happens and the motor craps out?

Give you a hint...None

Better have a ballistic parachute, and get to a recoverable altitude asap.

All these new plane crossovers are a bad idea. Most of the time they are just looking for funding.

A enclosed gyro-copter with folding wings is going to be less reliable than an already deadly normal one that is less complex.

You can find a piston single, that won't fall out of the sky starting at about 20k

Thanks for sharing though, I like watching these new vehicles.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Soon..flying boats

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: d0c134ks
Soon..flying boats

I trademark the name Floats and steal your idea!

ETA: On topic, I saw this a couple of years ago on youtube in the first version. It's novel but not, I think, what many would hope for in terms of propulsion or vehicle design. And how much would a pilots license cost? Personally, without GPS, hyperspace capabilities and docking computers, I'm not interested.
edit on 20/2/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't know if it's safe, but according to their introduction video, it seems to save enough because they show an engine failure on a simulator, but that's a simulator what it will do in the air we have to wait and see.

I will set up a no-fly zone, just for precaution. And if they ignore it, I'll release my Eagle.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hm.m.m.m.m.....

The first commercially available flying car.

I want one but I'll wait before I get one. I want to see how it does.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Where is this car being sold? Is this for sale in Europe only?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It's approved internationally as that's what they sell?

CAN I BUY A PAL-V LIBERTY IN MY COUNTRY? We are developing the PAL-V Liberty in compliance with existing regulations in the US and Europe. Most countries in the world acknowledge these certifications or have similar certification. Over time, we plan to certify the PAL-V Liberty in every country in the world.

click the link down below, and don't forget to subscribe

Customer Desk
edit on 0b42America/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 18:49:42 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 18:49:42 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
With drones and flying cars etc..

It makes me think..

In the future how will we be able to tell the difference from a UFO and something we made?

Since UFO's have given us inspiration for what to build next?

Aliens will be able to blend in

top topics

<<   2 >>

join