It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Acting Profession and Dissociation Disorders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
@ Astrocyte

It is theoretically possible to have a "self-state" that functions at the top of hierarchical system of self-experience, such that acting and the effects of it on the self is limited to the contexts in which it is carried out. However, this is a very complicated intellectual and cognitive configuration that entails being very educated, and motivated to understand your self in terms of your changing structure.

Would not adopting (via acting) the imagined or realized self-experiences of others actually bring one's understanding of their self into focus by comparison? I think it would and I don't think it would involve education - if you mean psychology, which in itself, can be one-sided (the self-experience of another) and not evidence-based - then again, quantum physics is also not evidence-based; so where does that leave us? That leads us back to square one in not understanding the true nature of reality in all its forms, including consciousness, or perhaps a separate living spirit capable of altering energy and matter at will.

I also think being motivated to understand yourself, as in terms of changing structure, requires the desire of self-awareness and your environment/reality (as you choose it to be), so it would not matter what environment you came or which environment you exist in presently.

If we choose to believe in a hierarchical system of self-experience or 'self-states', then one that is an 'old soul' could potentially use acting in gaining awareness and thus ascending to the next spiritual state.

Can we believe our self-states or self-made realities are indeed evidence-based reality because it is our truth. Should we believe what they tell us that we are dissociated if we believe in spirit when experience the same phenomena collectively (is this evidence)?
edit on 02CST08America/Chicago02080828 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join