It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump names Lt Gen H.R.McMaster as new National Security Adviser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In the last couple of hours the President has named Lt Gen H.R.McMaster as his pick for National Security Adviser

Apparently Gen McMaster in known as one of the most celebrated soldiers of the Iraq War and was passed over for promotion because of his tenancy argue against the status quo.

In April 2014, McMaster made Time's list of the 100 most influential people in the world. He is hailed as "the architect of the future U.S. Army" in the accompanying piece written by retired Lt. Gen. Dave Barno, who commanded U.S. and allied forces in Afghanistan from 2003 to 2005. "Major General Herbert Raymond McMaster might be the 21st century Army's pre-eminent warrior-thinker," Barno wrote. "Recently tapped for his third star, H.R. is also the rarest of soldiers—one who has repeatedly bucked the system and survived to join its senior ranks
en.wikipedia.org...

Could be a good appointment.

edit on 20-2-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sounds good to me. Flynn bucked the system as well so Trump knows what he is doing.

I just glad he didn't choose Bolton.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I hear ya mate , that would have been the back to the future sequel no one wanted to see , terrible.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I've lost my trust of "national security" ever since they decided it was OK to spy on and collect data from every US citizen.
A military leader won't do anything to help that distrust.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

He has no known links to Russia , at least that's a positive.
He knows what he's talking about , that has to be another positive.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I really hope his resume the President was holding didn't contain any classified info because he was waving it face up in front of the camera. He wouldn't be the first to make that mistake.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Yeah no #, scary thought. He's a Cheney toadie.
edit on 20-2-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I agree, he could be a good man to have in that position.

I hope so, anyway!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No one on either side seems to have any problem with him. Good.
There are concerns that he won't meld with the rest of the team.
edit on 2202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I like him, I am sure he will do good in his position.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If tumps appoints him, do we think trumps fans would oppose or be critical.
---------
I "degrass",
Hes over qualified for the position. Lets hope he doesnt choose party over country, like it was said.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

An excellent choice.

The White House also stated the new NSA would have complete authority over the makeup of the NSC.
edit on 20-2-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hmm. Even a CNN guy agrees with the choice. After reading Bergen's article, seems like this is a better choice than Flynn was.

President Donald Trump's appointment of Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster to be his national security adviser is a brilliant decision. McMaster, 54, is the smartest and most capable military officer of his generation, one who has not only led American victories on the battlefields of the 1991 Gulf War and of the Iraq War, but also holds a Ph.D. in history. McMaster is, in short, both an accomplished doer and a deep thinker, a combination that should serve him well in the complex job of national security adviser.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JimSmith

McMaster apparently had promotion issues at the upper levels. That tells me (imo), given how much he is held in high regard, that he bucked the traditional mindset of the Pentagon. Another good sign... Surrounding yourself with yes men is never good.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I hear this guy tells it like it is, often going against the "official" message. Very critical of some of America's national policies.

Sounds a good choice. Good luck to the man.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Trump is odd, sometimes he seems to prefer people that will tell him the truth no matter what(whether he listens or not is another matter)... and other times he wants people that will reinforce his opinion on something, should be an interesting couple years.

I think he is a good choice for whatever that's worth.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If he's serving in the military he can't refuse an order from his Commander in Chief right? He doesn't look terribly pleased about the new job...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

If the order is illegal he can refuse it, as can any member of the military. More to the point though Trump stated he wants people in his administration who disagree with him. While Trump stated numerous times he supports torture our new Sec. Def said he does not and would not be using it. Trump was asked about this and he said he would defer to his Sec. Def. on the issue as he is the expert.

People got used to Obama and his merry band of yes men.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
All I can say is... thank God he didn't select John Bolton.

That would have been the worst sign imaginable imho.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So uh, Does trump have a fetish for Generals?

I cant recall an administration that had so many.

To be clear I dont have any reservations about Lt Gen H.R.McMaster other then he is still on Active Duty and could better serve fulling his role leading the troops.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join