It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not my president protests live streams

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Or a "Not My Black History Month" month...

Damn got to work too for this one...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: LSU0408

Or a "Not My Black History Month" month...

Damn got to work too for this one...

Damn, that's terrible. Sounds like you've a #ty job.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I think I kind of threw up a little when I saw this....

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Yep. Protests don't bother me at all, but misbehavior under the cover of protest I think bothers most everyone, even those who agree with them.

-Leaving behind garbage in their wake and expecting other to wipe their backsides for them.
-Blocking roads and denying others their Right's.
-Blocking entrances to peoples work places denying the not only their Rights, but an income.

When those things happen, IMO it crosses the line from protest to plain old fashioned bad behavior to get attention. I suspect many of the protesters could not answer simple questions about the issues they are protesting, or even convey a rational thought about why they are there.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
All these posts, all this "discussion" and what has been accomplished?

Besides tagging people, left, right, unemployed, whinny?

This isn't to yank the chains of those who have derived so much pleasure in being angry at what others do.

But where is the talk about how to come together?

How to find middle ground.

Everyone knows a lot of these people are students and not just unemployed.

These people are parents, sons, daughters, neighbors, teachers.

And the are being addressed by people here with so much hate and insult.

Im not saying what they are protesting is correct or that their messages are dead on.

But they do believe in what they are doing.

I sit because they are young?

Is it cause they are being taught things a different way?

Is t because they are scared of what they think might happen?

I don't know.

And I doubt most people here do either.

Where's an effort to engage these people?

On a forum of theirs, at a school, in person, facebook, twitter.

As smart as people claim to be, why not find a way to discuss view points with these people, and see if middle ground can be found.

Or continue on bashing, insulting and dividing, cause it's not just the people protesting who are mis-informed.

Trotting out names of Trump, Obama, Pelosi, CNN, FOX, is useless.

They aren't trying to do anything to fix the country we ALL live in.

It's going to come down to us, as a collective, to fix things.

It's always been a matter of what you can do.

Just my opinion

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Damn, that's terrible. Sounds like you've a #ty job.

It does suck, really cuts into my protesting time when you put in 40 to 50 hours per week of work and only get the 7 major holidays off. I could use PTO, but why waste that on protesting? I think the Government should provide for me on the days I feel like protesting.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Georgia is Bills state too. Among the top ten racist states according to this...

thetoptens

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
I've been watching the discussion happening in this thread.

And I was wondering, how would it go if we removed or had no labels to call someone.

If we were just all people.

What would be said then?

I see now the labels divide everyone on both sides.

And it allows a disconnect when speaking about a person, or people.

You know, I'd love to see how a discussion would go if we said Person A and Person B's intents, instead of putting an R or D behind their name. Guess who:

President A:
First, I believe we need to stay focused on enforcement. That means continuing to strengthen security at our borders. It means cracking down more forcefully on businesses that knowingly hire undocumented workers. To be fair, most businesses want to do the right thing, but a lot of them have a hard time figuring out who's here legally, who's not. So we need to implement a national system that allows businesses to quickly and accurately verify someone's employment status. And if they still knowingly hire undocumented workers, then we need to ramp up the penalties. Second, we focused our enforcement efforts on criminals who are here illegally and who endanger our communities. And today, deportations of criminals is at its highest level ever.

President B:
Can't find the transcript, but his address sounds the same as A & C.

President C:
All Americans, not only in the States most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens. In the budget I will present to you, we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace as recommended by the commission headed by former [name removed]. We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Sadly it cheapens real protest, targeted at real causes. It's not new though.

I remember talking to friends in the 70's and 80's who were protesting things like nuclear power, who could not answer even simple questions about what or why they were actually protesting. It was just the "in" thing to do at the time.

I did the same in the early 70's and then I grew up. Sadly it appears some never do grow up.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Democracy is a messy business for sure. We can wish we could come together, but it ever happening is doubtful. It would be a wonderful thing though.

Or would it?

Everyone in lockstep, sharing the same ideologies? That could end badly also come to think of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There's no middle ground with these people and you know it as well as I do. Why do you even bother? What a waste.

link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Democracy is a messy business for sure. We can wish we could come together, but it ever happening is doubtful. It would be a wonderful thing though.

Or would it?

Everyone in lockstep, sharing the same ideologies? That could end badly also come to think of it.

Not about everyone having the same ideology, but people feeling comfortable in the country and the life they live.
A middle ground in which we can all coexist.

And agreed, democracy is messy, but its never been the politicians that made this country, its us who live here that have.

link   
Remember the good old days when our president didn't collude with Russia before an election. But Trump bad.........fire good.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

There's no middle ground with these people and you know it as well as I do. Why do you even bother? What a waste.

A waste is not trying.

These are people, no different than you.

But I imagine your standpoint is the easier thing to do....nothing.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Or would it?

That would be horrible...

unless everyone shared MY ideology

Then it would be ok

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The huge difference between the protests against Obama and Trump are the media coverage. The MSM jumps at every opportunity to paint Trump as the boogeyman. They use any excuse to smear him. They weren't this relentless in pursuit of Obama weren't they? Just take a look at the womensmarch for example. Huge coverage and false information left and right. There are tons of videos on Youtube with people asking what the protesters stood for and the answers are insane and sometimes pretty scary as well. This generation needs a reality check before this escalates any further.

Quit the bitching and moaning and go to work on the real issues in your country. You finally got a president who listens to your problems and tackles real issues hell he even tries to keep his campaign promises. Do you have any idea how rare this is? Most countries would kill for someone like him. Most politicians talk and talk and talk some more and nothing gets done. The american people don't even realise what they could achieve if they would work with the POTUS instead of against him.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The politicians play to their base. They behave in the way they think will keep them in power.

I honestly do think a lot of this comes from too much of the population having too much time on their hands and no useful outlets for their energy. The rudeness is still mostly an online phenomena IMO, which brings out the worst in people.

I'd imagine if we had a list of protestors for the protests du jour, we would find it's for the most part the same people over and over again. There have been exceptions, where I think the protest was real, but they always seem to attract the ones I'm talking about also. It's a bit like protest has become a popular hobby.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Or would it?

That would be horrible...

unless everyone shared MY ideology

Then it would be ok

I think you hit on something important there. The lack of reason and the ability to compromise is fueling things a lot.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Remember the good old days when our president didn't collude with Russia before an election. But Trump bad.........fire good.

That was the real deal Russian collusion right there by Obama. But as any good propaganda goes, paint the other guy doing the wrong stuff you do.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

You can say that, but that's twice that I've shown that there's no comparison in these protests, and those anti-Obama tweets were fake except maybe that one that hasn't posted since 2012.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join