It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not my president protests live streams

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: liammc

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: liammc

No. They don't have to accept Trump as President just because you voted for him and we didn't. That is why we have the right to protest in this country. We, as American citizens, don't have to accept any situation in this country that we disagree with. If we feel strongly enough about something, protest is a protected means to express that dissatisfaction.
They do, those protesters are an extreme minority of the American population and do not speak for everyone, so until that changes they have to accept it and suck it up.

They don't, and size of protest is irrelevant. Though I should point out that the women's march the weekend after Trump's inauguration was likely the largest protest in American history.

Those people are just bad losers and are abusing their right to protest.

Impossible. There is no such thing as "abusing their right to protest".

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

Lol. You chastise him for being divisive yet spew your own divisive bile back at him. Irony!

What's divisive? Telling him he'd rather divide the country than mend it? A little hypersensitive today are you?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No. They don't have to accept Trump as President just because you voted for him and we didn't. That is why we have the right to protest in this country. We, as American citizens, don't have to accept any situation in this country that we disagree with. If we feel strongly enough about something, protest is a protected means to express that dissatisfaction.

I recall people on forums in 2009 saying that Obama wasn't their president and people like you jumping like a hot poker had been jabbed in your ass and telling those people that they HAD to accept him because he was the president of the USA which meant he was their president, too.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

For some strange reason, there are Americans that get upset when other Americans exercise their rights. I don't understand it.

Like protesting the president that Americans exercised their voting rights and voted for? How deluded are you?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

They do, those protesters are an extreme minority of the American population and do not speak for everyone, so until that changes they have to accept it and suck it up.

They don't, and size of protest is irrelevant. Though I should point out that the women's march the weekend after Trump's inauguration was likely the largest protest in American history.

Quite possibly the largest in history, you say, and look what they did instead of mending the country. Instead they cried about how mean Trump was and they cried and tried to turn as many people against Trump as they could, they cried about how he wanted to lock blacks back up for slavery and how they'd thought about blowing up the white house. The left always seem to squander away a good opportunity. Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Lol. You chastise him for being divisive yet spew your own divisive bile back at him. Irony!

What's divisive? Telling him he'd rather divide the country than mend it? A little hypersensitive today are you?

I'm not the one who is offended. I'm just pointing out how your tone doesn't help the situation in the slightest that you are calling out; and instead goes to exacerbate it. If you don't want to follow that advise, do you, but I'm going to laugh at you being a hypocrite.

PS: I'm not the one who is offended here.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I recall people on forums in 2009 saying that Obama wasn't their president and people like you jumping like a hot poker had been jabbed in your ass and telling those people that they HAD to accept him because he was the president of the USA which meant he was their president, too.

People like me? I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012, so what nonsense are you talking about? Get your strawman out of my yard.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

We are about personal responsibility, and we did ignore it by not making idiotic spectacles of ourselves by crying about not getting our way when Obama won twice.

Of course you didn't:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What else is supposed to be accomplished in a protest? It's a means to express your dissatisfaction. You don't accomplish much else. But you being dismissive and rude about it clearly says their job isn't over since their message isn't reaching you.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just realized that Trump isn't my president either but it feels like it. How ironic.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I think what needs to happen is someone has to look into just who is funding these (sic) protests.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

They do, this protest will end soon and Trump will still be their president.

Not impossible, I just witnessed it on a live stream.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No. They don't. You can say they do all day, but it doesn't make it true. There is no law saying that anyone has to accept the current President. Not now and not even a day before he leaves office. If they want to protest every day of his Presidency for four years straight, well that is their right and you have no say on it one way or the other. In FACT, you need to accept that they are allowed to do so. Speaking of what people need to be doing and all.
edit on 20-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That is just great! Using their Constitutional rights.

Unfortunately for me I have this thing called a job and this thing called responsibilities to provide for my family that limits my protesting abilities to the weekend. Maybe next time I can get one of those Educational/Government jobs that would give me 20 or so holidays off per year for protesting and not just my 7 total I have now....lol

Maybe be we can do a Not My 4th of July I get that one off!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

People like me? I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012, so what nonsense are you talking about? Get your strawman out of my yard.

I had you mistaken for a liberal. Apologies.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

What else is supposed to be accomplished in a protest? It's a means to express your dissatisfaction. You don't accomplish much else. But you being dismissive and rude about it clearly says their job isn't over since their message isn't reaching you.

Dismissive and rude? Aren't you the one who told me that they have to be rude and inconvenience other people to get their point across?

link   

Next time, try talking to me like a person with individual ideas instead of as a stereotype.

link   

originally posted by: Chance321

I think what needs to happen is someone has to look into just who is funding these (sic) protests.

I have some ideas...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Dismissive and rude? Aren't you the one who told me that they have to be rude and inconvenience other people to get their point across?

And now you know why these protesters won't go away anytime soon. Both sides don't realize how they are currently feeding into the division.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join