It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden on the brink? Police force pushed to breaking point by violence amid migrant influx

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rdw134
a reply to: numb3rs

I agree that most everything in the media is overblown in this day and age from both sides.
Look, I'm just a dumb redneck, but it is utter stupidity that in this day and age with the ability to communicate the way we can, not to seek out straight, honest report from the people who are there. I woukd love to talk to some Europeans about migrants. For that matter I would love to hear some real talk from Americans about our issues instead of all the yelling and fighting.

I'll give you the short version.

Everyone else hates immigrants. They almost always have.

What made the USA special is that we at one point(I don't honestly know if 'we do' anymore) appreciated immigrants. The reasoning behind this was diversity. That idea itself is shat on these days, but diversity is the reason the America Spy Network starting back in the day when it did, with every language, and American Operatives of every nationality as active spies, is the reason we basically dominated the world of information. And even then, short of being able to infiltrate every major country with that idea; the Native Americas gave use undecipherable codes and languages to make our communications untraceable, another degree of diversity. While that's what originally started it all, many of those ideas and concepts could potentially be outdated. The point however is that Immigrants bring a lot more to a country than Rape. Being a National Melting Pot was an admirable part of our past, and will be missed greatly and serious sadness and shame to those seeing it as 'unpatriotic' these days to accept immigrants.

Patriotism Clashing with Immigration is EXACTLY what the founding fathers....you know what, never mind.
edit on 20-2-2017 by numb3rs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rdw134
Not from sweden, but from the netherlands. We face the same ignorance and fear about immigrants from across the pond as the swedish though. Heckeven People from here believe all the nonsense. Its true every now and then an ( mostly teen ) immigrant does something stupid or criminal. The crazy ghetto or no go zones some keep insisting are here, are Just plain ridiculous and beyond ignorant. Hundreds of thousands People have fled to Europe... sh@# Is bound to happen. What is true is that many are afraid. Afraid of the terrorist amongst them and the cultural differences. But most agree this fear cannot withhold us from doing the right thing.

Excuses me for my bad english

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
... just for comparison, perhaps we should consider how many non-immigrants were involved in rape in a given day ...

You will find that the number is around a constant 6000 per year, before any immigrants arrived.

The crime of rape is a sad fact of our existence, to suggest that it's a side effect of taken in immigrants is illogical.

Unless, of course, one is trying to demonize immigrants.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Felicio

Not from sweden, but from the netherlands. We face the same ignorance and fear about immigrants from across the pond as the swedish though.

No we face the same problems caused by immigration.

One of the biggest causes of these problems is that delusional liberal mindset.

"The right thing".

What is that, being a traitor to your own country, destroying your culture, based on this liberal mental disease.

You will start to face more opposition soon though

edit on 20-2-2017 by LardoCalorissian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LardoCalorissian

Not from sweden, but from the netherlands. We face the same ignorance and fear about immigrants from across the pond as the swedish though.

No we face the same problems caused by immigration.

One of the biggest causes of these problems is that delusional liberal mindset.

"The right thing".

What is that, being a traitor to your own country, destroying your culture, based on this liberal mental disease.

You will start to face more opposition soon though

What is the "liberal mental disease"? Please?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LardoCalorissian

Im not a traitor to my country for beli3ving we are doing the right thing. We/i just have an different opinion then you...thats all.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The reasoning behind this was diversity.

Diversity?

Is there something wrong with my country's population in the way we historically were?

Too white?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes you are, because you are supporting the demise of our country and our people.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I have no problem with immigration, legal immigration.

Do we need to have this discussion? Again?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The compulsive need to be seen as a "gutmensch", with a total lack of realism, and ignoring the detrimental end result of your feel good actions.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It must be considered that just because the majority doesn't experience these issues, that they are any less real to the minority.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LardoCalorissian

The reasoning behind this was diversity.

Diversity?

Is there something wrong with my country's population in the way we historically were?

Too white?

To phrase it that way shows a total lack of understanding of what historically happened.

It's not valued on some preconceived idea. Some serious things happened that meant serious things. It's based on evidence. Not morals. Diversity is just good. We were the only place pushing it, and we became the #1 Superpower. It wasn't coincidence, and it especially wasn't because white people alone.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thank you Felicio,
This is my point. Regaurdless of it being a story of the police giving up in Sweden, women marching across America, or Russians hacking election. We now as individuals have the ability to communicate better out of our own area then ever before. All you have to do is read the links attached here in the thread to know this story has been spun. Reach out. Find out the truth, wasn't that what this site and many others were created for. If we cant trust the media then go around them.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Diversity is good if the newly introduced immigrants can gel with the over whelming host nation. If they can't or won't this can and does lead to problems.

Then when you introduce immigrants that a violent, it gets bad in a hurry.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I am applying the concept of "diversity" to my country.

People are always talking about diversity as if it is somehow better than the natural situation. So I ask, is it a problem that our population has always been one of white western Europeans.

Apparently diversity is better.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I have no problem with immigration, legal immigration.

Do we need to have this discussion? Again?

? Do we ?

I don't recall making a distinction, but the reality is many Right wingers tell American citizens to "Go Home" like ignorant fools that don't even understand what they're saying because they are another skin color. So while you might be this way, you are the exception to the rule if what you're saying isn't a scapegoat.

Also legal immigration hinges on many legalities. Complex travel bans does make things more strenuous.

I'm just being a realist that the issue is diversity being looked down on, possibly from a racist crowd.

Diversity doesn't require mass immigration either.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Robert Reynolds

True that! That why we need to keep Talking and listening to eachother.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Felicio
a reply to: rdw134
Not from sweden, but from the netherlands. We face the same ignorance and fear about immigrants from across the pond as the swedish though. Heckeven People from here believe all the nonsense. Its true every now and then an ( mostly teen ) immigrant does something stupid or criminal. The crazy ghetto or no go zones some keep insisting are here, are Just plain ridiculous and beyond ignorant. Hundreds of thousands People have fled to Europe... sh@# Is bound to happen. What is true is that many are afraid. Afraid of the terrorist amongst them and the cultural differences. But most agree this fear cannot withhold us from doing the right thing.

Excuses me for my bad english

There was no bad English there, it was very well put. From the Netherlands you will know how Geert Wilders (strangely another right wing populist politician with strange hair) is stoking the fear on both sides, calling Moroccans scum. The Express is also stoking such fear for UK readers who take it on face value because it wants to push the agenda that anyone foreign is bad. The Express though is using it, or was in November, to push people to discard any thought that through Brexit any free movement of people should continue to exist even if that is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

There's a massive shift towards such 'thinking' by the bigoted and ignorant which they then push onto the voting population at the moment. Trump clearly is trying to push this - or is he? Who controls the white house at the moment, Trump or Bannon?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Diversity is good if the newly introduced immigrants can gel with the over whelming host nation. If they can't or won't this can and does lead to problems.

Then when you introduce immigrants that a violent, it gets bad in a hurry.

Immigrants not 'geling' is a contrived issue in America that never existed before. America was the specific exception to this being an issue.

If this is contrived or 'natural', the point is everyone should be feeling rather sad there isn't trust in America, there is definitely no trust anywhere else.
edit on 20-2-2017 by numb3rs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

calling Moroccans scum.

Most of them are.....

Watch the weekly Dutch crime show, it's just one "North African appearance" after the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join