It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden on the brink? Police force pushed to breaking point by violence amid migrant influx

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LardoCalorissian
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok. So what do you want me to do?

Maybe not talk so much BS.

I, however, am not going to let anti-muslim forces use their policing inadequacies as a tool to further anti-muslim/anti-refugee sentiment though.

Because you are, like I said, an apologist who refuses to face reality.

This thread isn't in the political mud pit.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Do you?

No, but then again I'm not the one crying about people not making a bigger deal out of this.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: seasonal

Great. Now we are sensationalizing other countries' news too...

This should be all over the news. If a government fails to protect his own citizens they are held accountable for every crime that got commited. We let them in by the thousands and unvetted and now look who pays the price. Where are all the clebrities who spouted it's inhumanitarian and the poor refugees but failed to mention they aren't welcome in there mansions? This is complete out of control.

This is sheer madness and beyond stupid. No country was prepared for this and the governments have no idea how to handle the situation. Germany is already paying refugees to leave the country and to rebuild their own. Why is nobody protesting this? Women got on the streets becaue of the fear of losing rights they already had and weren't never in jeopardy to begin with but if something really important comes along they just say nah i don't want to sound racist. And no i'm not advocating to deport all refugees but the criminals have to go.

Why should it be all over the news? Looks like sensational BS at the most, and local news at the worst.

Do you even realize this article came out in November of last year? If this is so outraging, why didn't you make a big deal out of it then?
edit on 20-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It would be nice to hear from someone on here that lives in Sweden. Do we have anyone?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rdw134

Yea. At least they'd have some perspective to relay outside of posting confirmation bias driven news reports.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rdw134

It would be nice to hear from someone on here that lives in Sweden. Do we have anyone?

You have biased and unsubstantiated blogs/threads , what more do you want.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
how many threads do you need to make trying to spread your message that Trump was "right" when he mentioned Sweden?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So, your link is the xenophobic Express.

Secondly, it alleges that there have been arson attacks by people suspected to be immigrants. That is the only time in the whole link immigrants are mentioned. It does not say anywhere that any other crimes were solely committed by immigrants.

Thirdly, the Express talks of no go zones. Is this like the dreamed up no go zones in London and Birmingham that don't actually exist at all?

So, if this is what Trump was referring to (and why would it be? He said specifically 'what was happening in Sweden last night') then he is clearly getting distorted information designed to meet a heavily slanted right wing agenda. Is that what you want from your president?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

But you are talking about it like you have first hand information that contradicts this news story.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rdw134

I'm American, but my mom's family is from Sweden.

She's the kind of oblivious however that makes people question if many white stereotypes could have been solely confused with the Swedes. Her literal opinion of immigration is 'I've never met one'. This is because she assumes they will introduce themselves 'as an immigrant'. She also has some sort of bizarre financial disconnect, that rich foreigners also aren't immigrants. It's like the Episode of Southpark where Cartman thinks "minority" means brown or black person. But in real life.

Anyway, I only bring it up because becoming American is IMO what set my family free from much ignorance, my originate family is WORSE than my mom, the sound minded one of the bunch. But what I'm saying, is you shouldn't need a Swedish person to speak out for a Swedish person. That's the type of thinking that divides. You can stand up for anyone, if you see a good enough reason why. You don't need to be a child to defend a child.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

How about we all look at the stories and deduce that there very well may be a problem with the migrant population in Sweden.
edit on 20-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

But you are talking about it like you have first hand information that contradicts this news story.

No. I'm just doubting the claims in the OP because they sound sensational and come from a perspective that isn't directly from Sweden.

Again. The term "No-Go Zone" is political buzzword speak for "ghetto". But if you were to just call them ghettos, the term loses all its emotional charge because we all know that ghettos, while dangerous, aren't country destabilizing zones. It also puts the policing troubles in better perspective since we here in the states understand how ghettos work and the corresponding policing problems that go along with them. Again, this isn't indicative of a country in crisis though.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Here's a non-express article about the "bikini cop" in Sweden and why she quit.

Bikini cop quit the force

Sounds to me like it's not as simple as "damn dirty immigrants." An influx of people at a time when major reorganization is happening is going to be problematic. If very many officers feel like the one in the article, it's a recipe for a major shift in the attitude of the force. Immigrants could well be a part of it, but they're not the sole reason or necessarily even the biggest reason.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh let's try to make trump not a liar. Let's gather everything we can on Sweden's immigration problems. But never mind the Swedish govt asking trump WTF he's talking about. And the whole is world laughing at us again.
Jesus who needs SNL when we have trump live seven nights a week.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I bet if a police officer (my father and grand father) were here to comment, they would tell you exactly what a "no Go zone" is.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

IS THIS YOU TRYING TO MAKE TRUMPS LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED IN SWEDEN COMMENT TRUE?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

IS THIS YOU TRYING TO MAKE TRUMPS LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED IN SWEDEN COMMENT TRUE?

Yes. And needing two threads to do so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join