It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden on the brink? Police force pushed to breaking point by violence amid migrant influx

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You have been railing for 11 pages now about the OP being nothing more than sensationalized news and that "no go zone" is just a sensationalist word for ghetto. That is incorrect.

A no-go-zone is part of a town or city that is blocked to civil authority and access is denied to specific groups either directly or due to necessity of safety. A ghetto is nothing more than an area predominantly populated by a minority. Civil authority still reigns and the area is not forbidden though it could be unsafe for various reasons.

A ghetto may be a high crime area, but it is not a parallel social structure, such as sovereign law vs. sharia law.

Oh, BTW, "buzzword" is the new buzzword for people trying to shout down other people for having a differing opinion.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Only the 'no go areas' are largely a figment of a certain type of media's fevered imagination. There are no areas in Sweden that are blocked to civil authority.

There are areas that have challenges to police the same as there are such areas in every country. Sweden remains a safer place to live than most countries.
edit on 24-2-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Then there aren't anything in Sweden like that, because even the sensational news source the OP used says that police officers go to those neighborhoods with two or more vehicles. Thanks for proving my point.

www.express.co.uk...

The area has become so bad two cars are sent to every call out

edit on 24-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Thats all well and good if your definition of "civil authority" begins and ends with police showing up to answer a call. There is more to it than that. When local government and police tell the local population to avoid certain areas for their own safety that is a no go zone. I live near Chicago and have most of my life. Chicago has some of the most violent ghettos in the US but no government or police have ever told people not to go there. As violent as Chicago is, it is not as bad as what is happening in Europe.

Some say it is only certain news sources who sensationalize what is happening in places like Sweden and make it sound worse than it is. These same people fully believe certain news sources who down play the reality. I believe the liars are the ones who try to make it sound like its no big deal. The unreported crimes, the lack of prosecutions, the unwillingness to exert substantial control where it is needed, all contribute to a scenario in which the facts are probably far worse than any news station has made them out to be.

It wasn't long ago there were multiple threads about European government and police telling local women to dress more like muslims and not travel alone to avoid problems, and so on. You guys should be able to put 2 and 2 together from here...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You realize that by comparing the city government's in Sweden to the city government in Chicago you are comparing apples to oranges right? They are located in different countries, with different governing bodies and laws that dictate its policies and legal directions it can pursue. It certainly doesn't give any credence to your argument these neighborhoods aren't just ghettos.

Let Sweden handle its own business. They say that despite these problems, they are still open to refugees and are more than willing to handle them on their own. Sweden certainly isn't asking for help. Trump (and yourself) are just using Sweden's issues (which you all really don't understand the true situation on the ground as you don't work for Sweden's government or police force) as a political football to try to convince us that Muslims are evil. But I have first hand experience knowing that Muslims aren't evil. So I won't ever buy it.

Also, as a student of history, I've studied the anti-immigrant waves throughout American history, and all the backlash here and in Europe to Muslim refugees and Muslims in general is literally straight from the history books. It's just a bunch of angry and ignorant emotional rhetoric.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Chicago has a far higher level of murder per capita than any area of Sweden.
edit on 24-2-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Chicago and cities in Europe are different, but the definitions of ghetto and no go zone are the same.

You have studied anti-immigrant waves throughout American history - and viewed them with the same bias you always have.

And you do not work in Sweden's government or police force either and understand no better than I do.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I am aware of that. My point is that there is a difference between a ghetto and a no go zone. Chicago was just an example of a ghetto, not a no go zone, despite the fact, as you pointed out, it is more dangerous.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: ScepticScot

I am aware of that. My point is that there is a difference between a ghetto and a no go zone. Chicago was just an example of a ghetto, not a no go zone, despite the fact, as you pointed out, it is more dangerous.

The point is that these supposed 'no go zones' don't exist.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Here this site is courtesy of member cutepants, you might find it interesting ..Fake Sweden expert on Fox News

Marie Pisäter at the Swedish Defense Ministry says that no-one called Nils Bildt works there. ”We have no spokesman by that name”, she said. The Foreign Office also denies that he works there. ”We do not know who he is.”

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I live in sweden. In my town all is fine, no probs here =)

I can agree, there have been an increase of crimes as in riots, fires, fights and sexual assaults.
Maybe two or three cops have said they've had enough, but that was months ago.

But there's not only refugees initiating fights and riots. Swedish people have comitted hate crimes towards muslim refugees, burning down their "mosques" and starting fires where they live. But that never get reported. There are riots and fights happening between swedish people and refugees because some swedish people do not understand the muslim religion and provoke stuff.

But the country is great, we are not in any breaking point or collapse! People are only upset about the increase of those type of crimes and wants the refugees who can't behave to be deported.
But Swedish officials are cowards.

Your media made it out to be way worse than what it is.
That's really all there is to it.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BigEyes

You can lead a horse to water

Sadly some of the yanks on this site are so programmed by their media that they are really misinformed, worse is many of them have never even been out of the country to experience life elsewhere, so partially why they are so confused.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I know enough not to act all alarmed and outraged over a situation that I don't fully understand all because some idiot on the TV told me so.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
We have surtain areas in surtain towns where immigrants (refugees) live, the live pretty darn good in most places. I would not call them no-go zones, I've never heard of these but can't say if they really exist or not.

In the bigger cities there are surtain areas, as in all countries, where the neighobourhoods are a bit shady.
Not only immigrants or refugees, there can be some scary swedish peeps too.

I have friends in one of these places who I visit, people there are friendly and so on. Mostly refugees there but also some of the swedish residents. SOME of the swedish residents are a bit annoyed over their new neighbours.

Like I said before, middle eastern culture is different from Swedish culture. They are more loud, listen to different music, have different family structures, dress different, eat different. Some swedish people are not used to this.

Take what you hear from media with a grain of salt. It really isn't all that bad. Of course crime have increased, it would have been weird if it didn't, really strange to be honest if it didn't. But not the way media presents it to be!

And why do people even care what happens in our little country.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join