It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advertising on AboveTopSecret.com Will Help Literacy Efforts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Maybe if they adjusted the package to include SkepticOverlord wearing nothing but a logo to work for 30 days.....

I don't know if ATS can compete with her

Do you want ATS to be shut down permanently(just kidding, Skeptic). Now Banshee on the other hand...

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
Do you want ATS to be shut down permanently(just kidding, Skeptic).

Oh, I don't know about that. He seems to fill out that spandex costume of his quite well

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Comeon you billionaires and millionaires out there, bid, damn it bid.

Surf

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
This is excellent! Now our posts carry a whole new message to the world around us...

I knew the big announcement was going to be advertising or marketing related....

I can't think of a better cause!

[edit on 1/31/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

Wonderful idea

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You know if I had the money I would bid on this. I have to take this idea to the subway!

Perhaps if we should off the site's name

so it would go from Abovetopsecret.com to

subsecret.com EAT IGNORANCE!

From our viewpoint it would seem it's sort of below secret and from the marketing stand point it would relate to Subways delicious subs.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE IGNORANT:

I'M JOKING!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think it's a good idea, but I wonder how many corporations would like their name to be attached to a site that contains all these wacky conspiracies...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think it's a good idea, but I wonder how many corporations would like their name to be attached to a site that contains all these wacky conspiracies...

I can't think of any it would hurt. (Maybe Wal-Mart).

But counterculture is mainstream now. There doesn't even need to be a direct tie in, but the literacy no brainers I thought of were Amazon or really any book retailer, all of which sell titles on just these subjects.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Maybe the price was too high.
Maybe a full-month of monopolized advertising was unattractive.
Maybe this wasn't marketed well.
Maybe you should have sealed a guaranteed minimum bid from an interested party before going through with this.

1 day 15 hours remaining. Looks like there won't be any bids. I'll offer $50.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I have a small suggestion. What about banner rotations for a month? You can charge $25 a month to rotate banners. You could do maybe 15-20 rotations and make a good bit of money. Id gladly pay to have my site advertised here once im done building it. But $1500 is a bit steep. Unless your advertising it on your forehead.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Less than 4 hours to go & still no bids.

Maybe someone's waiting until the last minute...

Andrew's idea sounds good...I know people who would advertise on that basis.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
nada.. nothing. man if only i could afford that kinda cash..

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe charge a bit more for banner rotator. Just wanted to get the idea across. I would bid if I could afford it.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
this place only gets better by the day...

I am glad to be part of it

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
$1,500 is a lotta cash for a banner ad.. alex jones charges around $100 per month which gets around the same amount of traffic than ATS and offers $300 for inclusion on all 3 sites...

here is a couple of Alexa.com charts:
Infowars.com Vs ATS
www.alexa.com... - based on a 6 month period

prisonplanet.com Vs ATS
www.alexa.com... - based on a 6 month period

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I would have bid for one of my site. But the price is too high. One ad all the time would be over exposure.

I recommend 10 way banner rotation costing $50-$100/month.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I aggree with the rotating banner system. I would charge $100 pm and open for 20 users there's $2000 dollars straight up. I would bet my bottom dollar that you would have this quota met within a week.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I agree a rotation is the way to go but it's got to be fair. From a companies point of view what's going to offer them the best deal? If Alex Jones is offering $300 for 3 times the amount of traffic ATS has, then ATS has to reflect that in their prices. So $100 seems fair to me.

Then again, propagandamatrix.com offers $150 per month and just look at their traffic compared to ATS: www.alexa.com...

You'll see it's around half.. so I'm not sure how he can justify that price.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Evolution of our philanthropic concept

Since our eBay experiment didn't go well, we're moving to alter this concept somewhat, and are not giving up on using our advertising inventory to aid worthy causes. I've been altering the code, and installing a professional banner-serving package to get us to the point where we can be our own advertising network. Next, we'll advertise for a online advertising salesperson who can "sell" advertising inventory on ATS directly to advertisers. This will likely end up increasing the overall advertising income, which will then be split three ways: 1) commission for the salesperson, 2) percentage to the literacy charity every month (with a running tally on the board), 3) remaining to ATS for operational costs. More details later.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney $1,500 is a lotta cash for a banner ad.. alex jones charges around $100 per month which gets around the same amount of traffic than ATS and offers $300 for inclusion on all 3 sites...
Not really, given the premium placement and "LeaderBoard IAB" size of 728x90. The Alexa stats are sometimes (most times) not a good indication of a site's reach and audience. Many of the sites you're comparing us to are more narrowly focused. We regulary achieve over 40,000 unique visitors each day, which is well into "high reach" territory for sites like us.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Many of the sites you're comparing us to are more narrowly focused. We regulary achieve over 40,000 unique visitors each day, which is well into "high reach" territory for sites like us.

Many of the sites I'm comparing you to don't deserve the traffic they receive, but that's just my personal dislike for them coming through.

I agree ATS is very much high reach and will continue to follow this pattern.. I believe good will come true in the end and ATS is most definitely the good guy of conspiracy sites.

I truly hope and believe that ATS will find the right balance when it comes to the banners. Although the first experiment didn't do too well I'm sure it's put you in a better position for future projects and ultimately making a better site for the long run.

Good luck with it, if anyone deserves to succeed - it's you guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join