It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advertising on AboveTopSecret.com Will Help Literacy Efforts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As a fairly recent member, I have come to be very impressed with the quality of this site...............I am very pleased I have come to associate myself with a great community, ATS. A big
to Simon, SO, and the rest of the ATS'rs

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That's quite a fine idea! There's a few people around ATS even who might do with a little help in learning to read I've noticed.

Much like Pisky I will remember the ATS literacy drive which made me great when I am a second-best selling author in the universe. (I'll get you one day Pisky!)

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I read this earlier, and I am, as everyone else is, amazed. The utter unselfishness of this act, this idea, is truly one fantastic. The quality of the ATS thought and mission is applaudable. I've seen nothing like it elsewhere, and I've seen my fair share of boards.

Great Job. Drinks all aroud.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What will the criteria be for advertisers?

I was thinking it might be good to limit it to non-profit organizations, although presumably that would also limit the amount of money going to the charity.

Maybe non-profit every other month?

It seems a shame to give major corporations with deep pockets yet another outlet...does anyone really need to see more Amazon ads?

Just food for thought...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
an excellent choice

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
It seems a shame to give major corporations with deep pockets yet another outlet...does anyone really need to see more Amazon ads?
Just food for thought...

Amazon seems like an ideal customer for an advertisement that will benefit a pro-literacy organization.
If I were going to guess I'd guess that in the long term giving by ATS visitors couldn't outpace the extra donated profit generated by giving the add to a for-profit company.
If the payment from the non-profit and the contribution by ATS members doesn't exceed what a for-profit woud have paid, we're actually doing less good then, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The only problem I can see is if some unsavoury characters won the bidding.
What would happen for example if the American Nazi Party won and advertised their foul agenda on ATS ?

It's already happened near to where I live : Nazis adopt street in Salem

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PiskyWhat would happen for example if the American Nazi Party won and advertised their foul agenda on ATS ?

Come on, Pisky. You know Simon, SO and the gang would never allow that to happen. They wouldn't even be allowed to bid.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The ebay auction is up and available here.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's looking good
I'm going to add that to my e-bay watch list to see how it goes

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, there isn't anything I can say that hasn't been said. I just wanted to say how proud I am to be a part of this community and it's generosity!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The ebay auction is up and available here.

I can't see how any reasonable company with the desire for forward momentum could trun down such an offer....I bet these spots will go like hotcakes...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Very very cool.

One question, how do you come up with a reserve for something like this?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it, but does your ebay ad state just how long their ad will run for? I've read it through a few times, maybe I am blind, I just don't see it. $1,500.00 is alot of money, umm....must be for a long time, maybe? What happens if let's say, a year or two down the line, the government doesn't wish for ats to be on-line, and the customer feels that their money should have provided the ad for a longer time? What's the possiblity of them wanting some of their money back....

I don't want to discourage yous, just be careful, since I kind have my doubts that yous have $1.500 laying around waiting to be thrown away, not to mention the legal fees.....maybe I am just overly cautious....

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
Maybe I missed it, but does your ebay ad state just how long their ad will run for? I've read it through a few times, maybe I am blind, I just don't see it. $1,500.00 is alot of money, umm....must be for a long time, maybe? What happens if let's say, a year or two down the line, the government doesn't wish for ats to be on-line, and the customer feels that their money should have provided the ad for a longer time? What's the possiblity of them wanting some of their money back....

I don't want to discourage yous, just be careful, since I kind have my doubts that yous have $1.500 laying around waiting to be thrown away, not to mention the legal fees.....maybe I am just overly cautious....

I didnt see a time period. That was going to be my next question.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
One of the late-night edits didn't make it into the ad. The run date is for the month of March. If this works out, we'll bid out each month.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I admit I'm not the saviest of ebay users...but isn't the end date the very first information you see on the ad, off to the right?

Time left: 9 days 22 hours 10-day listing, Ends Feb-11-05 09:00:00 PST

Edit: DOH! I see what you meant...the ad run time...
:bnghd:

[edit on 2/1/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I havn't seen a bid on it. Is there anything we can do to promote the auction?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
I havn't seen a bid on it.

Good luck to the administration. Surely you will wonder where the bidders are-

* D'OH *

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Maybe if they adjusted the package to include SkepticOverlord wearing nothing but a logo to work for 30 days.....

I don't know if ATS can compete with her

<< 1    3  4 >>

join