It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Centrism is the only REAL hope this country has.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When one side constantly calls every single person on the other side racist, homophone, nazi, etc. how do you expect anyone to meet in the middle? You can't even have a reasonable intelligent discussion with Liberals in the USA today.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Therein lies a big part of the problem, yes. Like I have said, you can't reason with the unreasonable. However, this isn't something that is unique to only the left.

Maybe civil conflict is the ONLY solution. I can almost guarantee you though, neither the right or the left will like what is likely to emerge out of that.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I see where you are coming from, and I agree, but at this point I don't think it's possible. Usually as societies begin to decay and life gets progressively (no pun intended) more difficult for people, they swing to more extremist views and identity politics become more of a factor. This creates a social/behavioral spiral; maybe part of circling the drain of Calhoun's Behavioral Sink (ah ha ha).

The only thing that will stop this locomotive is more economic and social stability, which is highly unlikely in the foreseeable future.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Yeah, it would seem. Sometimes I think it would be better just to sit back and let it all implode on itself and whoever's left can pick up and start over. Try something different. I don't know. Had a guy tell me one day, "The only word of consolation I can give you is that it's going to implode on itself; it's not going to last like this."
edit on 21-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The biggest problem in regards to the center, which others have legitimately pointed out, is that the center really has no figurehead or "fire brand." We're just kind of here.
The right and left don't respond to anything other than irritants. That's just a fact.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: crazyewok

How about 'the people'?

That is called the free market.

People hold private corperations to account by refusing to buy or use there products.

edit on 21-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

How true is that in reality? How many times have you seen someone buy an absolute piece of garbage from a producer and swear they'll never buy anything else that is produced by that company only to turn around 3 months later and buy the latest gadget from the very company they swore they'd never buy anything else from? What you said sounds good in THEORY but it's not applicable in reality.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
When one side constantly calls every single person on the other side racist, homophone, nazi, etc. how do you expect anyone to meet in the middle? You can't even have a reasonable intelligent discussion with Liberals in the USA today.

Unfortunately the same can be said for the right, snowflake, libtard, etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Well, see that's what I mean about the right AND left. They toss snarky comments towards each other and both toss them towards the center and puff out their chests as though they have "proven" a point.
In the meantime, the country collapses around their heads and rather than try to work towards a reasonable solution, they demand everything be 100% their way and holler at the center to "pick a side."
Problem is, they want everything to be 100% their way. It's not rational to think that would even have a chance to fly in a country that has 330+ million people in it.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I fear we are headed toward the 2nd option unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

How about just following the Constitution?

Simple as that!

I guess you think trump saying...."the press is the enemy of the people"...supports the constitution....ok got it

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I pretty much do too. As I said, the recipe for the "perfect storm" is there. You can't reason with the unreasonable. There's only one thing that's understood by the unreasonable. It's unfortunate, but, it's fact.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Many say "follow the Constitution." I concur. However, I'd like to know which of the last two presidents we've had have done so. George "Dubya" referred to it as "Just a goddamned piece of paper," and Obama not only resigned the "Patriot" Act, he expanded it.
Our 4th amendment has pretty much been tossed out the proverbial window with that #. So, I ask again. Which of the last two presidents have honored the Constitution?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: seeker1963

How about just following the Constitution?

Simple as that!

I was actually pretty shocked by that one, Trump sometimes needs to engage his brain before he opens his mouth.

I guess you think trump saying...."the press is the enemy of the people"...supports the constitution....ok got it

I was actually pretty shocked by that one, Trump sometimes needs to engage his brain before he opens his mouth.
edit on 2/21/2017 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We have a lot of problems in this country, but the answers are going to be a compromise, some a little right, some a little left. The current "my way or the highway" congress is doing absolutely nothing to solve any of them.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

I pretty much do too. As I said, the recipe for the "perfect storm" is there. You can't reason with the unreasonable. There's only one thing that's understood by the unreasonable. It's unfortunate, but, it's fact.

I have thought about this for a bit, and what I envision happening, is that Trump and his administration are taken down by the Generals and the Intelligence in a bloodless coup. I have no real answers for what happens after that, but am seeing Ryan as President. The public reaction, your guess is as good as mine, and I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I can tell you this, I am not a big fan of Paul Ryan. I don't know how the majority of the rest of the country feels about him.
The guy just seems shifty to me. Not only that, I am pretty sure he's a Neocon, so that almost invariably means more military involved quagmires.
I don't necessarily see a Trump removal coming.Personally, I don't think he has done such a bad job so far. I don't agree with everything he has done, but....

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

As an advocate of Centrist ideology myself, I do agree with the overall point you are making, but encouraging "radical" ideology of any sort will lead to problems. We don't need radical anything, we need compromise from both sides to meet in the middle.

There are some areas where the Left's position is more reasonable, there are some areas where the Right's position is more reasonable. The key is to find a balance where the strengths of both can be combined, and the negative qualities of each can be left behind.

edit on 21/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

There are some areas where the Left's position is more reasonable, there are some areas where the Right's position is more reasonable. The key is to find a balance where the strengths of both can be combined, and the negative qualities of each can be left behind.

That's essentially what "radical" centrism is about. Taking aspects of both and working towards a pragmatic/practical solution.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join