It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like Donald Trump Was Right About Sweden After All

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Happening right now in Stockholm. Did someone say Sweden has no problems with immigrants? 🙄

Hahah.. pretty much all over twitter. The swedish media lost all international credibility and Trump makes them look like the fools they are😏 ... facts are facts .. and its the media with the alternate view of facts and reality ,for simple plain lying to people.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Some people on Twitter really lost it. They are perfectly fine with the riots going on right now in Sweden. There are riots in France for days now and no media coverage? Did the MSM just fall asleep?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith
a reply to: greenman4

So what's the excuse for Spicer and Conway each making up stories about things that never happened? Neither of them is 70.

This is not a "little thing." Three times Trump or his staff have made up stories on which his administration is basing its foreign and domestic policy. That is a very big thing.

One of us is confused. You say, "Three times Trump or his staff have made up stories ..." and yet it was the media who "made up" the story that he said there was a terror attack in Sweden on Friday night. I heard it reported on radio on three different stations on Saturday night. Now, I heard the speech live, watched on a link kindly provided by a poster here on ATS. I didn't hear him say anything about a terror attack in Sweden, I heard him talking about the mess they have and other countries as well. I knew what he was talking about due to knowing people there who are affected and by reading several threads right here on ATS.

His policy is set. Why would he "make up" something on which to base it. He's already laid out his reasons quite clearly and plainly. If you've paid any attention at all to what he was actually saying, he's not been unclear at all. He doesn't want our country to end up the way parts of Denmark and Sweden have done. I can agree with him on that.

What some folks don't seem to realize is that we're not in Obama world now. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. When I heard him say "If you like your doctor...and you'll pay less for your insurance." I was encouraged. But when, even with his party in the driver's seat, he couldn't make good on those claims, I gave up and admitted that he had lied. Same with "shovel ready jobs." I saw a big sign at a nearby recreation area that proclaimed that the work being done was part of Obama's "Shovel-Ready Jobs Program." The thing was that the money for those improvements had been approved by Congress four years earlier. Obama had NOTHING to do with those jobs.

As another poster has observed, Trump's an alpha male. You don't get to that position by handing out chewing gum and rainbow pop tarts. I might not like him on a personal level but I have to respect his abilities. He's been an alpha male for a pretty good while. To me it says that he's been a pretty good leader of people. But as many people have pointed out, running a government isn't really the same as running a business. I've known a couple of men who jumped straight into executive office from business and found themselves frustrated with the limitations of the bureaucratic world.

Hell's bells, I gained a deal of respect for him when he actually beat the Clinton machine. Freaked me out. I didn't think anything could derail that train.

I don't see how pointing out the problems other countries are having due to virtually unlimited immigration is making anything up. He points out that we've got enough on our plates with helping those who are already on our shores so we need to be very sure that we can be certain of who is joining us.

Now if he'll light a fire under Congress and get that Obamacare stuff wiped out I will no longer be an outlaw. I'll be tickled pink if they will include repayment of the fines I've paid for my refusal to deal with an health insurance company.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
remember

#NotAll

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Where are the people who said there is nothing going on in sweden? Stockholm looks like a freaking warzone. This is not a hologram or fake news. This is real. Get a grip on reality before it's to late.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

No they did not fall asleep, they are controlled. The media is owned by the corps or the wealthy.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LSU0408

He is a C student at best. His study skills are nil. His facts profile is vacant.

Don't take anything he says at face value.

And you have the grammar of a 4th grader.

The effect of your insult is considerably lessened by the amateurish mistake of beginning a sentence with a conjunction.

- 10 points

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Perfectenemy

No they did not fall asleep, they are controlled. The media is owned by the corps or the wealthy.

So ... folks like Trump, then?

Sounds more like a WWE rivalry all the time.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Does Trump own Fox news (hint no)?

Then why did you write that?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Does Trump own Fox news (hint no)?

Then why did you write that?

Would you describe Mr. Trump as wealthy?

Is he involved with corporations?

Did you say that the media is owned by the corporations and the wealthy?

More clear now?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
isn't this a conspiracy site ?

isn't this a little too convenient?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
isn't this a conspiracy site ?

isn't this a little too convenient?

Perhaps Mr. Trump was lying when he said on Twitter that his comment regarded a show on Fox?

Here, I'll foretell the future myself: prepare for explanations of Mr. Trump's infallibility.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
More infos coming in. The riots started in Rinkeby a immigrant area in Stockholm. Ambulances aren't able to reach the injured. This is just unreal. Some videos look like Afghanistan.

Swedish news source.

www.expressen.se...

English news source.

www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 20-2-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Very clear.

I don't think he is a media owner, could be wrong.

The similarities are wealth and he owns a corp. I think the part you missed was he doesn't, as far as I know, own let's say CNN, FOX, ABC, MSM.......

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Very clear.

I don't think he is a media owner, could be wrong.

The similarities are wealth and he owns a corp. I think the part you missed was he doesn't, as far as I know, own let's say CNN, FOX, ABC, MSM.......

I didn't miss that at all ... are you unclear on the meaning of the word "like" in that context?

preposition

1. having the same characteristics or qualities as; similar to. "there were other suits like mine in the shop" synonyms: similar to, the same as, identical to "you're just like a teacher" 2. used to draw attention to the nature of an action or event. "I apologize for coming over unannounced like this"

conjunction informal

1. in the same way that; as. "people who change countries like they change clothes" 2. as though; as if. "I felt like I'd been kicked by a camel"

noun

1. used with reference to a person or thing of the same kind as another. "the quotations could be arranged to put like with like"

adjective

1. (of a person or thing) having similar qualities or characteristics to another person or thing. "I responded in like manner" synonyms: similar, much the same, comparable, corresponding, resembling, alike, analogous, parallel, equivalent, cognate, related, kindred; More

adverb

1. informal used in speech as a meaningless filler or to signify the speaker's uncertainty about an expression just used. "there was this funny smell—sort of dusty like" 2. informal used to convey a person's reported attitude or feelings in the form of direct speech (whether or not representing an actual quotation). "so she comes into the room and she's like “Where is everybody?”"

"Like"

edit on 20-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: note

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Glad we got to the bottom of that one.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Glad we got to the bottom of that one.

The bottom of what? You're desperately trying to obfuscate a small, silly point:

Here you go:

Trump is like the folks who "own" the media conglomerates.

The characteristic they share is wealth.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

But the main thing they do not share is he doesn't own CNN< FOX< NBC

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And I didn't say that.

I said "people like Trump."

Wealthy people.

You know, the point you made about the people who own/control the media conglomerates?

Yeah ...
edit on 20-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

My goodness, you are in a mood.

I think we agree, this is what I wrote in response.

If you still disagree, then I can't help you.

I own a car, and I can drive. But I still am not a race car driver.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join