It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump protesters is destroying America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Shamrock6

Hey, I know as well as the next person, that there are big differences between protestors, rioters, and paid agents.

Protestors:

Legitimately indulging their freedom to associate and to assemble in peace, and to indulge their freedom of speech as well. They mean no harm, and DO no harm to people.

Rioters:

Turn up to cause a stink given the merest excuse, will attach themselves to near enough any cause if there is a chance for a punch up.

Paid agents:

Government or corporate sponsored, there to remove legitimacy from otherwise legitimate protests, giving uniformed riot officers an excuse to break up legitimate demonstrations.

I happen to know a bit about genuine protests, and the one thing which binds real protestors, and cuts them COMPLETELY off from rioters and agents, is that they never strike first blood. Like any human being threatened with violence, they will defend themselves, but they do not make war.

So which one of these block the streets when we see thousands inconveniencing people who are just trying to go from A to B? And why is it always left wing protests that attract the "rioters?"

You've obviously never heard of George Soros. Must be kool-aid that you keep slugging back in your picture.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
Do you actually think any of those yahoos are politically motivated or do you think they're just a bunch of punks looking for an excuse to be jerks?

Yeah, welcome to the 21st century where disrespectful kids with nothing better to do go around breaking stuff. It's not a uniquely American problem.In fact it's pervasive throughout the West. I blame the parents for not actually giving a damn and are too busy being self-centered turds to actually raise a family properly.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. So yeah it's progressivism but not a partisan problem. No worse than the anti-seg 60's anti-war 70's the anti-gov 80's, anti-aparthied 90's and then back to anti-war 20's.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Well, I agree with you for the most part. But I wonder why they always seem to be attracted to the anti-Trump left wing protests, because I tend to think it's not partisan either since most don't even know why they're there. Half of them hold up signs that don't belong in that particular protest. Spare the rod, spoil the child is one of my favorite sayings and so very true.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Spacespider

There are people among us that will use any reason they can to get violent or break stuff. Whether it's a political election protest or the results of a hockey game. It's not destroying this country. Those that break the law are dealt with and the majority goes on peacefully protesting whatever they came to protest.

If you really want to discuss what could destroy this country, you would be talking about the attack from Trump and his supporters on the constitutional principles this nation was founded on.

I call bull#. So I'd like for you to convince me that I'm wrong. Tell me how Trump and his supporters are attacking the constitutional principles this country was founded on.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
The 60s' protests looked more fun.
Had a better soundtrack.

But beyond the ability to chant and swear like a middle school child, what do they want?

Where's their list of complaints?

What has Trump done since being elected that has personaly effected any of their lives?

Not the "what ifs" and "might happen".

How has trump changed their lives?

Has anyone came and took dinner of their tables?
Made them homeless?
kicked the broom out of their hands at work?

All I get from these stupid protests are, Trump won, and people cant or wont accept it.
They act like children that are angry their team didn't win. Instead of going out feeding or clothing the homeless, or focusing on protesting in the inner city, where people are being killed daily, the march with stupid signs and accomplish nothing,

They accomplish turning more people against them for their childish behavior, but I'm not gonna complain about that. I think it's comical the way they blow out their own blood vessels over Trump's immigration policy when Obama and Clinton both had the same policy. Someone mentioned human rights as if Trump is going to take away the rights of humans. They drink the kool-aid of these fear tactics from the media. Angry, bitter, immature, sore losers. This is about all you can expect from them, along with destruction and silencing free speech if they disagree with you, and they'll tell you that you're the one destroying the constitution all in the same breath.

Maybe there's something in the soy products used nationwide at fast food places and Starbucks that eats away at common sense and testosterone and replaces it with estrogen. I should start a thread on that conspiracy theory

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Shamrock6

I don't think that every violent protestor is a paid shill, but I do think that every protest that starts out peaceful and ends up violent is due to provocateurs and paid shills.

I don't, but your faith in your fellow man to never lose their cool is commendable.

That's why it's not good to overthink things. When you do, angry men who are angry because they're angry become paid off shills who aren't angry. Plus everything Trump does is armageddon.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: AboveBoard

So did the women finally find out they we're being used?

By chauvinistic males out to grab them in their privates? Yes... Yes they did.

Only the rich guys, because the gold digging bitches let em. You can try to argue that but you'll lose.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

There are people among us that will use any reason they can to get violent or break stuff. Whether it's a political election protest or the results of a hockey game. It's not destroying this country. Those that break the law are dealt with and the majority goes on peacefully protesting whatever they came to protest.

If you really want to discuss what could destroy this country, you would be talking about the attack from Trump and his supporters on the constitutional principles this nation was founded on.

I call bull#. So I'd like for you to convince me that I'm wrong. Tell me how Trump and his supporters are attacking the constitutional principles this country was founded on.

Sure.

The most obvious would be the freedom of the press.

Trump has called for the opening-up of libel laws so that he could go after the press that criticize him and his supporters take it one step further by saying news outlets should be banned or shut down.

Then there is freedom of speech.

Trump supporters have said, openly, that Leftists and liberals need to be eradicated like a disease for what they believe.

How about freedom of religion?

Trump and his supporters want to ban immigration from certain countries because they are considered "Muslim" countries. Trump said it...his supporters still say it and no amount of spin will change that fact.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Let me get this straight.

Homelessness, a drug abuse crisis, half a million cancer deaths per year, stagnant wages, overbearing private and national debt, nationwide domestic violence, 10s of thousands of gun-related deaths per year, 15+ years of a "War on Terror", organized crime (be it Mob, gang, or cartel related), political corruption, STD epidemics, and record high obesity rates haven't destroyed America.

But we're going to be destroyed by largely peaceful political protests that haven't even touched the vast majority of America's 20,000 or so cities? Right...

Funny how none of that was attempted to be fixed besides the obesity rates, and Michelle tried to starve kids for that one.

As far as the protests in the vast majority of cities, the thousands, hundred thousands, or millions are gathering up in the biggest cities where blocked roads and destruction are allowed. You're not gonna find them in the rural areas so it's safe to say that these bitter, angry people have hit a vast majority of the cities that they're gonna hit.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Black_Fox
The 60s' protests looked more fun.
Had a better soundtrack.

But beyond the ability to chant and swear like a middle school child, what do they want?

Where's their list of complaints?

What has Trump done since being elected that has personaly effected any of their lives?

Not the "what ifs" and "might happen".

How has trump changed their lives?

Has anyone came and took dinner of their tables?
Made them homeless?
kicked the broom out of their hands at work?

All I get from these stupid protests are, Trump won, and people cant or wont accept it.
They act like children that are angry their team didn't win. Instead of going out feeding or clothing the homeless, or focusing on protesting in the inner city, where people are being killed daily, the march with stupid signs and accomplish nothing,

The "message" is diffuse because there is a long docket of issues people are protesting against. There are a ton of issues from "grabber in chief" protestors to people afraid for immigrant families and Muslim neighbors and friends. Trump inspires fear because of his own mouth - his hyperbole, his lies and his desire to rile up his supporters with divisive rhetoric is naturally creating opposition to both his "tone" in general and the issues he promotes. So name an issue he has spoken about and you will likely find a group protesting it.

The election itself was not a landslide, but a loss of the popular vote and around 100,000 votes or less for the actual "win" in the Electoral College vote. People are wanting to make sure Trump and his supporters understand that they do not have a mandate for his far right agenda. The majority of Americans do not actually support him.

So yeah, there isn't one "rallying cry" like the Vietnam War back in the 60's, except a giant "NO" to Trump in general.

What a crock of #. Trump's immigration policies are the same as both Clinton and Obama. And the election was most certainly a landslide victory. The election proved that people in New York and California, the two most liberal and largest populated states in America, don't support Republicans. People want us to understand that they don't have a mandate for Trump's far right agenda? You're only making people shun you, keep it up genius. Trump's agendas that are being protested are agendas that have been carried out by democrats before him so keep being a good little hypocrite. Hilarious.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Do you understand what peaceful means?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

The title of your post is emblematic of why protests are necessary. Trump supporters, with their infectious ignorance of even basic grammer such as subject-verb agreement, are polluting American culture. Trump inspires his sycophants to attain to ignorance. They need to be punched in their bigotry spouting faces.

Yeah, you're one to talk. You sound angry and bitter because you lost. You're also intolerant of the OP's views. Do you know what that makes you? Uh-huh, a bigot...

You should go to the next protest and punch a Trump supporter in the face, record it for all of us, too.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So you endorse physical assault on people that disagree with you?

I know you consider yourself a ration thinking person, but how is it rational to blame trump or the victims of the assault for the actions of those claiming to be part of the left?

I don't care if Trump is talking about buggering your family gerbil... until some sort of action is taken its just talk.. .and a rational person does not excuse assault over some words.

=============

More general statement...

this endorsement of physical assault on people with different ideas is the primary reason I and many more like me will never vote for the left again... it is just a matter of time till they assault the wrong person and people get killed and then the left will lose their minds over guns again.

and you using broad generalizations based on a few people's illegal actions to discredit an entire political philosophy, is not a reason to vote for the right.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven

I really hate to be that guy, but I believe that bad grammar and punctuation are truly destroying America.

Blame it on the education system we've been cursed with for the last 15 years. But it's stupid to call someone out for their grammar when they're not calling you stupid or uneducated. When you call out grammar for no reason, you're basically saying you don't have an argument.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Sure.

The most obvious would be the freedom of the press.

Trump has called for the opening-up of libel laws so that he could go after the press that criticize him and his supporters take it one step further by saying news outlets should be banned or shut down.

Then there is freedom of speech.

Trump supporters have said, openly, that Leftists and liberals need to be eradicated like a disease for what they believe.

How about freedom of religion?

Trump and his supporters want to ban immigration from certain countries because they are considered "Muslim" countries. Trump said it...his supporters still say it and no amount of spin will change that fact.

I'd love to know where you get this information, because I've not heard of any of it. I've heard the whole muslim thing, but it's been stated a million times that muslim isn't even in the order so you and anyone like you who thinks it's about muslims are just talking out your asses. I've seen freedom of speech silenced twice, once over the Milo guy, and once over another Breitbart guy that was supposed to speak at another university. Nobody trusts the press anymore because of so many fake stories put out this election season, but I've yet to see anyone mention banning the press.

Needless to say, I'm less convinced than when I asked you to convince me. Do you have any credible links?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I'd love to know where you get this information, because I've not heard of any of it.

Have you not been paying attention? You can see your fellow Trump supporters saying those things on this very site.

I've heard the whole muslim thing, but it's been stated a million times that muslim isn't even in the order so you and anyone like you who thinks it's about muslims are just talking out your asses.

I wasn't referring to the Executive Order. I was referring to what Trump has said and what his supporters have said.

Nobody trusts the press anymore because of so many fake stories put out this election season, but I've yet to see anyone mention banning the press.

That's because you obviously don't pay attention. Many on ATS that believe the same "fake news" garbage like you do, have openly called for Trump to take action against CNN.

Needless to say, I'm less convinced than when I asked you to convince me.

Do you think I care? We both know I could give you link after link and you'd still find a way to spin out of it. That's what you "fake news" nutters always do.

I will not be able to convince you of anything because we are not living in the same reality.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So you endorse physical assault on people that disagree with you?

I know you consider yourself a ration thinking person, but how is it rational to blame trump or the victims of the assault for the actions of those claiming to be part of the left?

I don't care if Trump is talking about buggering your family gerbil... until some sort of action is taken its just talk.. .and a rational person does not excuse assault over some words.

=============

More general statement...

this endorsement of physical assault on people with different ideas is the primary reason I and many more like me will never vote for the left again... it is just a matter of time till they assault the wrong person and people get killed and then the left will lose their minds over guns again.

and you using broad generalizations based on a few people's illegal actions to discredit an entire political philosophy, is not a reason to vote for the right.

and what exactly did the left do when there were a few instances at trump rallies?

Oh yea tried to paint every person that supported trump as racist or misogynist...

edit to add.. I voted third party, I do not blame people for voting trump, they were trying to find a new way..
edit on 21-2-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
They are stretching their legs, too much time in their mom's basement, and look at them now, trying to man up!

Jeebus!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Former (I love that word!) President Obama ignored, made up and obfuscated entire sections of existing US law.

Nary a whimper from his supporters as law after law was totally ignored with purpose.

Current (I love that word!) President Trump expects government to uphold existing law unlike his predecessor.

The left has violent hissyfit.

So far that's all Trump is doing is upholding existing law, he's not actually had new legislation passed to accomplish his policies but you'd never know that by way media and left is conducting themselves.

I see spoiled brats used to rule breaking allowed by a progressive parent throwing a tantrum when adult comes along and expects known long standing rules to be followed .

On media,

Back in 90'-91' when sat transponders were not all encrypted they'd leave feeds up and running. One could hear the sausage being made. Have not trusted media since as FAKE news is nothing new at all.

On conspiracy side,

Globalist's are using dumb tools (but useful) to drive wedge into western society.

Are you a tool?

I applaud President Trump for upholding existing law rather than adding new laws like most politicians would have, to an already bloated federal code.

How refreshing!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Actually those people are fitting the definition of a domestic terrorist perfectly. How do we treat domestic terrorists here in America?

You do realize one reason the war on terror was started was to begin limiting free speech? Read the Patriot act for a whole police state view.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hillary said that refusing to accept the results of an election was a direct assault on democracy and that the peaceful transition of power is one of the things that makes America 'America'.

By default, the last month has shown liberals to be assaulting democracy and being un-American.

I agree with her. (wow, that was painful...but necessary)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join