It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump's supporters still love him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

4. He's actually standing by his promises

Really? In his inauguration speech he said:

“We will get our people off of welfare and back to work — rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor. We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American.”

And yet his company Trump vineyeards has just filed a new request for visas to employ more foreign workers. ( LINK )

In December Trump Vineyeard also requested visas to employ more foreign workers.

He also keeps on employing foreign workers at his Mar-a-Lago resorts. How is he keeping his promise of giving Americans jobs to Americans? He's certainly not doing that with his companies.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They shouldn't abandon him because he has the potential to do great things but they should apply the same skepticism they would with any other politician and hold him accountable if he fails to live up to his promises.

It's the almost blind obedience and vehement denial of valid criticism that irks everyone else.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
He's doing what we elected him to do, and he is the same guy we saw throughout the whole of the campaign, not a phony like Obama proved to be. If you ever were a Trump supporter, why would you hop off the Trump-Train now, seeing what he is doing, you should be behind him now more than ever. I am a little concerned about some of his cabinet picks, but until they do things that are harmful to the country, I'll reserve my judgement on them. Trump-Train, full steam ahead.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
He's doing what we elected him to do, and he is the same guy we saw throughout the whole of the campaign, not a phony like Obama proved to be. If you ever were a Trump supporter, why would you hop off the Trump-Train now, seeing what he is doing, you should be behind him now more than ever. I am a little concerned about some of his cabinet picks, but until they do things that are harmful to the country, I'll reserve my judgement on them. Trump-Train, full steam ahead.

You know McCarthy is not well judged by the public at large, the Trump train will derail, I would suggest you get off when you can. He is going to go down in flames. Imagine McCarthy knowing Trump had ties to Russia?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

You know McCarthy is not well judged by the public at large, the Trump train will derail, I would suggest you get off when you can. He is going to go down in flames. Imagine McCarthy knowing Trump had ties to Russia?

I couldn't care less how the elites ruin people in the eyes of the ignorant masses. McCarthy was right, and so is Trump. Perhaps neither go about it the preferred way, but they aren't wrong. As far as Russia, Hillary "Uranium One, Russian Reset" and Obama "I'll have more flexibility", have much more to hide than Trump.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I couldn't care less how the elites ruin people in the eyes of the ignorant masses. McCarthy was right, and so is Trump. Perhaps neither go about it the preferred way, but they aren't wrong. As far as Russia, Hillary "Uranium One, Russian Reset" and Obama "I'll have more flexibility", have much more to hide than Trump.

McCarthy was wrong in so many ways, if you think the masses are ignorant, I hope you have weapons.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

McCarthy was wrong in so many ways, if you think the masses are ignorant, I hope you have weapons.

McCarthy was right in so many ways, clearly evident by our government, media, education, Hollywood. I do think the masses are mostly ignorant, which is why Hillary won the popular. I do have weapons, just bought me a Sig Sauer AR. Hopefully I never have to use it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: namelesss

Its the spin. Its all the spin.

It is ALWAYS spun! There is no such thing as an objective uniqur Perspective! Everything always tilts.
Most just follow that which 'tilts' in the same direction in which they lean (and call it 'facts'!)
There are a few who consumes all various tilted reports and, if interested, uses his own critical thinking to ponder the various variables for oneself! Someone with no irons in the fire, intellectually honest.

Were the media to report facts, it would be great.

'Facts' aren't as ... 'facty' as we are wont to imagine!
"New study of the brain shows that facts and beliefs are processed in exactly the same way."

www.newsweek.com...

A 'fact' is what we are willing to accept as such.

But the adding in of their opinions, or the spin that creates the opinions they want from you...that isn't news or journalism. Its media.

The news used to be entertainment, also, but now there seems to be damned little 'also'.
If you are just looking for someone who you can 'believe/trust', I suggest that you are in for much suffering.
If we want a 'larger picture', we are going to have to do the work; LEARN 'critical thought' (we sure as hell won't learn it in public school!), read 7 or 8 news sources, listen to the 'opinions' of intelligent people, no matter from where the voice issues, gather all sorts of data and evidence and THEN form opinions, still tentative at best because WE ARE ALSO SPINNING! *__-
Never 'believe' what we 'think'!

Im sick of media, and want journalim to return.

Yeah, it hard to imagine Dan Rather or Walter Cronkite spinning the news, but, believe it or not, they, too, did it.
They didn't sign their own checks.

Its not too much to ask that before the press runs of to make fun o Trump about his Sweden comment, that they ask for clarity, "What do you mean 'last night'?".

If Trump continues to (fascistically) attack and dis the news media, they have every right to reply in kind.
I don't think that Trump will be 'laughing last'.

Its the "gotcha" news that Palin talked about.

Who?

My strategy: i gravitate towards whoever media seems to hate the most.

That makes you easily manipulable.
Sometimes the 'media' is right on the money.
Sometimes the most slanted Perspective is right on the money!
Or the most isolated and singular Perspective...
The big trick, and all the work, involves thinking, critically, for ourselves!

If we cannot, then others will do our thinking for us, for better or worse.

"The great snare of thought is the uncritical acceptance of irrational assumptions!" - Will Durant

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: namelesss

You say a point of easily manipulated. If a politician can do it so can the media. Putting either on a pedestal is silly. Because we should fuc*ing know better.

History has shown...

I agree with you.
But there is no 'should know better', we do not choose our intellects.
People incapable of critical thought can be easily manipulated by anyone.
Including the media and govt.
Weakness compels strength!
The manipulable compels the manipulator.
The weak compels the bully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join