It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump's supporters still love him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's been 4 long weeks and in this opinion piece that CNN thought was fit to publish, it leads the reader to believe that that Trump supporters should give up on the new president. This story is filled with things that just reinforce the belief that CNN is a corp owned and controlled liberal outlet.

In this CNN opinion piece the author thinks that the rally he held in Florida was about attacking Federal Judges and talking about reporters who have their own agenda. But it seems like he wants to stay in touch with the majority of voters who put him in the POTUS seat.

(CNN)They still love him. On Saturday, Donald Trump addressed a rally in Florida that was as big and adulatory as any he'd seen during the campaign. He attacked the federal judges who challenged his travel ban order. He attacked the reporters who ask tough questions. "They have their own agenda and their agenda is not your agenda," he said. This crowd was "our people," he said.
www.cnn.com...

The author questions Trump's supporters fidelity- this of course is a slap that the supporters are not logical and that this is a love affair.
And again CNN is surprised that Trumps supporters are there after the resignation of one of his cabinet and his travel ban was stopped in court. And of course they called his press conference last week bizarre, "anti-press" and frightening when his supporters think it was great.

Their fidelity is impressive given the events of the last month. Trump has had to accept the resignation of his national security adviser, had his travel ban stymied, and ended last week with a bizarre anti-press press conference that, in the opinion of many journalists, was not only inappropriate but frightening.

But we journalists need to be reminded that not everyone is a journalist. Outside the media bubble, opinion of the media is colored by partisan prejudice and is often quite low. Trump has identified an enemy that, many conservatives believe, needs calling out.

And of course the story goes on to point out that Trump supporters did not see a problem with last weeks press conference. It also goes into the fears of Trump's supporters they include decline, dislike of the unemployed and Islamist terrorists.

When they watched that crazy press conference Thursday, they didn't share the media's alarm. They saw Trump fighting for survival, trying to break what they regard as the media's damaging monopoly on the truth. They're asking themselves, "Why doesn't the media let Donald get on with the job he was elected to do?"
Aside from hatred of the press, the other thing I've found that binds Trumpites together is a fear of decline. It's often noted that Trump supporters are wealthier than the working-class they claim to speak for, but that's beside the point. These are concerned citizens who have a patriotic dislike of unemployment or Islamist terrorism. They voted for Trump because he promised to restore the nation's greatness, by building a wall and locking jobs inside.

edit on 19-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Didn't know anyone read a CNN hit piece anymore.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I am a sucker for a hot headline.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
An interesting thought, many posters I used to respect, I now see as facsist.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

CNN has gone full retard.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This guy thinks that President Trump is the Jewish Moshiach.

I wonder where he got that Idea?

edit on 19-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Very cryptic,

Care to expand, just a smidge?

link   

Best Advice I could give President Trump in my Infinite Wisdom is............Stop Watching the MSM on T.V. , Don't Read Newspapers from Washington or NYC , Limit your Twittering to 2 Times a Week , Ignore your Critics and Detractors , and just go about the Business that you set out to do , MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN , Remember ? The PEOPLE are Waiting , Make It So Number One !
edit on 19-2-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Some think Trump supporters have gone full retard.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Good advice, and I think that is why he was in Florida.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Some think Trump supporters have gone full retard.

Some Think the Ones who Think that are Retards themselves.......

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think they like him because

1. He's not Hillary, Jeb, Mccain
2. He's not funded by Banks, Military or large Corporations
3. He has no lobbyists
4. He's actually standing by his promises
5. He's pointing the finger at the media and calling them liars - and rightfully so
6. He's clever and is weeding out the moles in his camp
7. He's telling foreign governments they either play fair or they aren't included in the game

I like him because.. well.. he's a patriot to his bones. He couldn't give a damn about anyone outside of America, but you better believe he will fight tooth and nail for every person inside of America - no matter how hated he becomes.

America has the opportunity to be awesome, if only your media would stop accepting money from the treasonous few to dump lies on him!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Very cryptic,

Care to expand, just a smidge?

It is pretty simple, I am a bit left of center. No party affiliation. This Trump support is blowing my mind, he lie, they eat it up, this crap is unreal.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I love Trump because he drives liberals crazy...literally crazy...

And their whining/rioting is fueling my happiness...

Keep it up progressives...every single day the 2016 election keeps giving and giving...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

CNN is against me. I'm feeling really good right now! Better than when Hillary called me deplorable.

My old Pastor used to tell us that the more the devil hates you, the brighter you shine in God's eyes.
edit on 2/19/2017 by carewemust because: Donald Trump is Draining the Swamp..just like he promised!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I think they like him because

1. He's not Hillary, Jeb, Mccain
2. He's not funded by Banks, Military or large Corporations
3. He has no lobbyists
4. He's actually standing by his promises
5. He's pointing the finger at the media and calling them liars - and rightfully so
6. He's clever and is weeding out the moles in his camp
7. He's telling foreign governments they either play fair or they aren't included in the game

I like him because.. well.. he's a patriot to his bones. He couldn't give a damn about anyone outside of America, but you better believe he will fight tooth and nail for every person inside of America - no matter how hated he becomes.

America has the opportunity to be awesome, if only your media would stop accepting money from the treasonous few to dump lies on him!

You are just completely f'n delusional. If you have any facts to back up any of that I will withdrawl my statement.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Example of lies please.

And examples of eating it up please.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
You are just completely f'n delusional. If you have any facts to back up any of that I will withdrawl my statement.

all i have to say to that awesome, well thought out, educating post is:

originally posted by: Christosterone
I love Trump because he drives liberals crazy...literally crazy...
And their whining/rioting is fueling my happiness...
-Chris

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Example of lies please.

And examples of eating it up please.

I do not have the burden of proof here, the one I quoted does.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Ok, nice post.

Anything else you want to add, especially because you don't source.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join