It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im neutral in opinion against Trump.. but

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I dont have any opinions about Trump, im sure he wants whats best for the people, but this is starting to look like bullying from MSM. I dont think he is bad person, i believe the MSM are portraying him in a bad way.

They are even pushing for degrading his visit to the GBR as just another person having a visit, i know its the MSM thats pushing the agenda and trying to break him, im sure they eventually will. Let him do his job, and if he f#s up, than, im pretty sure he isnt the first who f#s up.

But no bullying.. It is, so not civilized

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
Kudos, man. It's hard to be Trump-Neutral in today's world.

I tend to sway a bit though. One day he'll do something cool then the next day put his foot in his mouth so it's rough. And all sides of the spectrum look at me with mistrust and some with anger.

I know this though, as one who's tried calling for civility and peace before, some get it. Some will lighten up.

Others have no clue how decency works and can't stop their pro/anti obsession long enough to remember.

Either way, good on ya. S&F.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Noncents because: Reworded

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

The main thing driving me crazy about it is a certain subset of the population acting like it's a new phenomena. Trump isn't having to deal with ANYTHING that no president before him has had to deal with, but there seem to be A LOT of selective memories out there for some weird reason.

Trump DOES however seem to be the only president in my living memory to appear unable or unprepared to cope with the situation, and so I see a likely lot of low-hanging fruit for the aping in the days to come, and a lot more of those selective memories crying foul when we're just playing by the same rules all former teams had to play with.

God help us all, one way or the other.
edit on 2/19/2017 by Praetorius because: Stupid tiny phone typo

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Praetorius

Even Bush didn't put up with a dogging media like this. And they did anything but challenge Obama.

Trump would likely make his life easier by not taking on the press. But I think that breaking the press and the IC is part of his agenda. I, for one, fully support such a move. I have no problem with a free press. But i see no reason to trust, respect, or allow exclusive white house access to people who editorialize the days news.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

An effigy used to proxy against certain ideologies?

But then again, maybe it is all as dumb as it seems?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So i just saw all the things he did, he might not be a good person, but the bullying is kindergarden

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Praetorius
a reply to: Noncents

The main thing driving me crazy about it is a certain subset of the population acting like it's a new phenomena. Trump isn't having to deal with ANYTHING that no president before him has had to deal with, but there seem to be A LOT of selective memories out there for some weird reason.

Trump DOES however seem to be the only president in my living memory to appear unable or unprepared to cope with the situation, and so I see a likely lot of low-hanging fruit for the aping in the days to come, and a lot more of those selective memories crying foul when we're just playing by the same rules all former teams had to play with.

God help us all, one way or the other.

Id say this is entirely different then in the past Trump is getting attacked from the right and the left. Hes got the neo cons in full attack mode and the democrats as well. Obama for example could always count on people in his party such as Nanci Pelosi to support him. They would run cover when needed and even back some of the incredibly stupid things he said. Trump doesnt have that support. Obama could also all ways count on say CNN to try to temper the story by even explaining what they believe he meant.

Again Trump has no media support what so ever partly his fault for attacking them. But i think alot of that is born out of frustration when he sees the press do anything they can to paint him in a bad light. Look at the story of the bust instead of verifying if it was true they ran a story for no other reason then to make him look like a racist. Then when they are shown they were wrong its oopps we made a mistake. They have been publishing things they knew can't be verified and when thats proven wrong oooops my bad. The press really does need to get back to verifying the information they are putting out is correct. You dont publish things to get it out there like the editor put in his op ed without knowing if its in fact true. Saying well we cant verify this but wwe think its important for people to see doesnt cut it thats not news.
edit on 2/20/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
media hates Trump because he isn't part of their satanic pedo club. I think.

Guy is the product of American society. Classic rich kid frat boy. I'm neutral as well but much more positive about him than any other president i've been alive for.

only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
media hates Trump because he isn't part of their satanic pedo club. I think.

Guy is the product of American society. Classic rich kid frat boy. I'm neutral as well but much more positive about him than any other president i've been alive for.

only time will tell.

Wish i shared your enthusiasm i still think Trumps ego is incredibly dangerous especially in the office of the president. Notice everyone of his lies involves how great he is or how much better he did something.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

yeah i agree. But can anyone be president without a massive ego? Positions of power attract the worst type of people. Personally i think there are a million people that would be a better president but they are sane so they don't seek that type of power.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Let's face it folks....the media are loving it, never had it better, President Trump is loving it as well, and so are those that love their reality tv shows, the rest of us, not so much..lets move on.
edit on th3302201721967 by Simon1967 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join