It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Anti-Trump Protest in DC Fizzles Bigly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Aren't you proving my point?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I guess we should probably call it the "fake news" paradigm shift . Speaking of fake news I see this weeks episode is up

well yea my answer is still the same my "the news is fake" bubble burst a long time ago. I've been in a few news stories.. like maybe 5.. They were all wonky ass articles.. At least those had real reporters, but you know we posed for a picture and they built an entire made up story around the picture..

I was there so..

we really need to get rid of teams..

Team people is ok..

Team earth is ok..

Team America has to be ok until we mature enough to not need countries..

but smaller teams are just not good unless it's for fun, and what do allt he games end in? sportsmanship.. touching of hands. Good game.. Not continued insanity you can't turn off.

Anyone stuck defending fake news or defending Trump when he lies or any of it.. is going to be in pain.. I'm just looking for truth so I can't really be hurt unless the truth hurts.. I'm fine with that.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Aren't you proving my point?

I'm not sure you are not speaking in anything but short one liners.

I don't care who's point I'm proving.. I'm not on any sides.. So if I made your point good.. If not ok? what's your point though?

You should watch people get really confused when I argue against myself in threads lol.. Like I just defended this news agency and then trashed the writer of the article.. not long after may have been my next post..

ok I get it now.. Jesus forgot what thread I was in.. Sorry lol.

edit on 19-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is one I don't get.

Trump has never been anti gay. He's never been against marriage equality. First and only republican candidate to ever hold up the rainbow flag..

What's the outrage about?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is one I don't get.

Trump has never been anti gay. He's never been against marriage equality. First and only republican candidate to ever hold up the rainbow flag..

With this this thread fizzles bigly.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Maybe they don't like his haircut

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think you'll find it fizzled because us LGBT have nothing to actually protest about just yet.

It appears that Trump has bigger fish to fry at the moment than bothering about a small minority.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Too funny!! Maybe the real organizers are all busy looking for new jobs, or trying to flee the country? That was a truly sad showing.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I think you'll find it fizzled because us LGBT have nothing to actually protest about just yet.

It appears that Trump has bigger fish to fry at the moment than bothering about a small minority.

why don't you actually read it from his own words..

He's the only president who started his term in office in SUPPORT of marriage for all, and LGBT rights.

I get it's hard to know that if you let other people control your reality.. But in this day and age you have to go out and source things from the horses mouth as it were.

And now I have a horse with Trumps hair in my imagination..

Someone must make it.. GO!!

lol I shouldn't underestimate the internet.. I wanted one photoshopped with his actual hair but ok.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Maybe they smartened up and realized Pence would be next in line. They have nothing to protest about Trump.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
There was a anti-Trump protest effort in Washington DC that was supposed to be a large crowd.

Apparently only a few people showed up.

Must have been a funding backfire.

Hmmm.

Maybe the protesting is dying down because the funding organizations are running out of money?

LGBT Anti-Trump Protest in DC Fizzles Bigly

Even on a beautiful day with temperatures in the high 60s, organizers could not muster a decent-sized protest turnout against President Donald Trump at an LGBT event on Sunday outside the Trump International Hotel, a few blocks from the White House.

A group of little more than two dozen protesters danced, kissed, held signs, and played music as an almost equal number of photographers captured the spectacle of social justice warriors who lacked any coherent message except free-floating contempt for the president who took office less than one month ago.

Two dozen protesters? That's still twice the number of people who showed up for Trump's inauguration without being paid!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is one I don't get.

Apparently there wasn't any (outrage) other than a handful of low information voters hanging out at a hotel entrance. Apart from the over-hyped news stories and a few vocal members here on ATS most of the world actually doesn't give a # about Trump the alt right the ctrl left or any other group of extremists.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Hillary had the same problem getting people to show up at her rallies.

Fake news meets fake protests.

But I thought Hillary was good.. Donald was bad.

I don't know.. Donald supports the LGBT community, Hillary supports those who would cut their heads off.

Strange times, to be sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
I personally remember that was a big part of his platform.

"We've got to deport the gays.. It's going to be fantastic."

He should have fake said in the fake news that "It's going to be fabulous!"

Then we'd have something

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: intrptr

Hillary had the same problem getting people to show up at her rallies.

Fake news meets fake protests.

But I thought Hillary was good.. Donald was bad.

I don't know.. Donald supports the LGBT community, Hillary supports those who would cut their heads off.

Strange times, to be sure.

The way I saw it, people gravitated to Trump because he represented "change" whereas all Hillary offered us was more status quo...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
There was a anti-Trump protest effort in Washington DC that was supposed to be a large crowd.

Apparently only a few people showed up.

Must have been a funding backfire.

Some resistance

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Eye Witness Account:
I happen to be visiting D.C. this weekend -- By sheer coincidence was in a cab driving past the "protest". My teenager commented: "OK, I see a rainbow flag and a dozen people dancing. That is one lame protest". There were several news camera teams circling the small crowd and six or seven police cars along the street. The cops looked bored, the news people looked bored, the protesters looked bored. There was no clear message, no passionate cause to rally round.

The weather this weekend is extraordinarily warm and pleasant for February, people were goofing off elsewhere.

Many people I know are generally not too worked up over LGBT issues --- be whoever you want to be, go take a piss behind a closed door, engage in whatever consensual sex between adults, behind a closed door.

Gay, straight, non....whatever. I don't expect any special accommodations for my boring old gender and orientation status. We could just respect one another, everyone gets equal rights to marry one other person and get over the drama.

One last comment --- I feel that too many people are unhappy with the body/life to which they are born -- too fat, too skinny, boobs not big enough, nose too big, too dark, too light, wrong genitalia.... and now medical technology (and those making $$ from it) can carve you up to be some facsimile of "ideal". Just a sad culture.

How about learning to embrace the beautiful gift of a body one has?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Well my homepage at Mediacom have plastered in big lines that

Not My President’s Day’: Thousands Protest at Anti-Trump Rallies Across U.S.

But what can I say they like to rely on NBC for their news, or is CNBC, or CNN, who cares.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join