It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama’s presidential library may need $1.5 billion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
$1,500,000,000 now that is a lot of guacamole. I wonder if Michelle O will run for POTUS and put an unsecured server in the basement and sell access to the server? Seems like a solid way to make some quick cash.

That endowment is going to take some doing. It is 3 times what the Bush library needed.

The Barack Obama Presidential Center in Chicago could require a $1.5 billion endowment, its architects say, three times what was raised for the George W. Bush Presidential Center in Dallas.

Husband-and-wife architectural team Tod Williams and Billie Tsien noted that it will be difficult to raise such a huge sum because Obama scrupulously declined to do much fund-raising while he was still in office.

But what can you get for $1.5 billion? You get a museum and a library. This endowment will also cover a operating cost of the library. The museum will about the lives of Barack and Michelle. I wonder if we will learn anything new about the president, now would be a good time to vet him properly.

The Obama Center is due to be so expensive because it will require the construction of both a presidential library and a museum about the lives of Barack and Michelle Obama. And federal requirements now stipulate that former presidents must have larger endowments to pay for annual operating costs at the libraries.

“It won’t be easy,” Williams said. “It’s not just about preserving the past. It’s about the future.”

The actual buildings were slated to cost $200 million. “But I told them it will cost $300 million,” Williams said.
pagesix.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He made 7 million dollars while president, break ground with that.

1.5 billion? Sounds like an inflated figure, go figure.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well libraries are heading the way of the dodo so let's not build one.
How about using the money to buy internet service for all school age children in Chicago for the next thirty years?
Or maybe put the money into chicago school systems?
Would that not be a better legacy than a building nobody will use?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You would think that he could use an old outhouse for his library. Most of what he gave to America can be generated in that type of atmosphere. I'd rather visit a landfill.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Nope they community organizers. This is about vanity.

Of course there is other things that seem to be more important. But we do need a tangible reminder of what not to do again, ever.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I guess Obama better get started on those scratch off tickets.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

7 Million won't even be enough to bribe the roaming gangs to not steal everything the second it is dropped on the construction site.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't see why "We" have to fund any ex President's vanity. That's all these libraries are...a tribute to their lives.
They came, they did a few things, good or bad, and now they're gone.
If they want a building, let them pay for it.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
1.5 billion for a library and a museum about their lives?
There has got to be plenty of abandoned buildings in Chicago where they can put some nonsense like that.
Or how about the same building for both? The library in the main part and the museum in a storage closet.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This is not going to be tax payers $$$, it is up to people who want political favors. So what they need to do is convince everyone that michelle is going to be pres, then, oh God then they could make some $$$$. (like HRC)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I hear the admission price is going to be $500 per ticket.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why the hell do we need presidential libraries? What a waste of reaources. Same with that wall. Government has become the biggest con in town.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Are you talking about the wall they are putting up around Obama's house?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Are you talking about the wall they are putting up around Obama's house?

All of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think we will disagree on the all the wall thing and agree on the library is a silly idea. Maybe he could do a rest stop on the side of the highway into Chicago. Fits.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There's no reason any presidential papers can't be held at the library of congress.

These libraries have outlived their time and necessity.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Libraries are a thing of the past. The current technology makes them already nearly obsolete. This will be Just another colossal waste of money. Who signed up for this? Just take the money and build some schools,playgrounds,hospitals or whatever. Well let the democrats pay for it. They all loved him so much. The gofundme site should suffice. Does this atrocity counts as stroking his own ego because i thought Obama was so humble.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We should just have one Presidential library, in D.C., under the auspices of The Smithsonian.

On a side note, where are the Watergate tapes held?

Shouldn't they be in the Nixon library?

Shouldn't Monica's blue dress be in the Clinton library?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Now thats a serious waste of money .

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Really that is to be used arming his 30,000 strong army for a communist revolution. I never heard of a library needing $1.5 billion. I mean the guy didn't accomplish anything except dividing the nation and doubling the national debt accomplishing nothing and using stimulus to fund failed green energy.

Something is not right with that figure. He would believe his library should be larger than most NFL Stadiums and more expensive being the narcissist he is.

edit on 19/2/17 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join