It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force monitoring increased Iodine-131 in Europe

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: penroc3

i wish i still had some of the clearances that i had, some of the scuttlebutt i've heard is all over the plae so who knows what t the real story is.

I'm still tuned up pretty good but no one in my circle has any consistent idea.

So, possible intentional release of I-131 for...? Any good ideas why you'd release a fairly innocuous fission marker? We occasionally release faux disease organisms to intentionally trigger biosensors, to see how the response chain performs.

A possible drill?

I'll ask a purely hypothetical question, answer would lead to my thought. Would something that was "spewing" the i-131 from say, ground level, to, say, the upper atmosphere, possibly beyond, explain these readings? Say I sent a bottle rocket from my backyard loaded with this stuff into space, could the ensuing "cloud trail" explain the patterns seen here? Bottle rocket is an analogy, not literal of course.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Maybe it is this? Some new version of the old nuclear bomber concept?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Now that would be interesting. I've heard some interesting rumors of a related project, but nothing concrete.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I know nothing about nuclear physics, decay, byproducts, detection, or aviation, and that world, at all. And I tend toward skepticism, at least about things outside my immediate personal life.

But even I have to sort of raise my eyebrows at the way the media are covering this, and mixed signals, and what feels very decidedly like intentional minimizing of whatever it is.

As I said I know nothing about this world or topic, but given other more knowledgeable people's posts herein, the things that go through my mind are things like some sort of very hush hush drill using simulated fallout (via a real, but largely safe due to half life and nature, radioisotope,) given the current climate with eastern Europe and Russia. But that seems like a very lengthy and steady release even if they have it under strict control and "know" (by their standards) "no harm" can come of it. And if it is certain no harm will come of it... it would still certainly create a public ruckus, so I can see why they'd conceal it.

Or, yeah, some sort of secret weapon or propulsion test... by someone.

Or, finally, though apparently still not worrisome enough to cause panic (but then why conceal it? Just to be on the safe side? I guess that makes sense, people are prone to panic after all,) some uncontrolled leak or criticality somewhere. Or perhaps they have yet to pinpoint the source and that's why they're scrambling to change the story quickly? Maybe they aren't SURE it won't become a greater threat, and don't want people to panic until/unless they have to? Is that at all possible for an event that would produce only this radioisotope? Or does it being the only thing detected mean even if it hasn't advanced as far as it will, there's no reason to worry? (And if so, then again, why conceal it? It's all quite mysterious.)

All I know is my intuition (which isn't perfect of course) based on the posts by those who are more familiar with this topic here, says someone knows something and they aren't inclined to scare or inform the public.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That nuclear powered cruise missile at the end of the video was interesting.

Maybe the Ruskies sending a message of their version out of mothball is up and running? An answer to the West's missile defense system that the Ruskies don't want in Poland? These theoretically would be unstoppable if operational.

edit on 24-2-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Now that would be interesting. I've heard some interesting rumors of a related project, but nothing concrete.

You'd be back to 'where are the other fission products', IMHO.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That's what it all boils down to. This amount of pharmaceutical product doesn't make sense, so where are the other materials.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

'where are the other fission products'

In the water maybe?

...as in below the surface of Stepovoy Bay maybe...like 108 feet below the surface of Stepovoy Bay, to be precise.??

(at 72 31'N 55 30'E...for whatever it's worth)

Link

edit on 2/24/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Could be. When that other incident happened you didn't get the expected seismic event or a reasonable set of isotopes, either. Over water might be a confounder, under water worse.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

It would explain some of the interest, and some of the secrecy...not knowing how bad the situation really is, until it has been fully analyzed to see if this is what the source really is.

It could be anything from a minor event to an outright (environmental if nothing else) catastrophe.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I do think you are correct, sadly it makes the most sense at the moment

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

It's just how he/she/it is. The kid is my nemesis, personally. Just ignore him/her/it.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hi everyone. Has been a while since I tap-danced on the ol' keyboard to participate on a thread, but wanted to pop by and commend the OP and participants for an informative and civil read. And to ask, is there any further information on this? I can't find anything else after a quick rummage on the net, except 6 day old news and then, silence.

Something else caught my eye though, Seagull posted around 12 Feb on Loam's thread to do with toxic substance at Hamburg International Airport. That was possibly pepper spray, and perhaps a drill of sorts (drill idea mentioned in this very thread too), so what if...

Maybe I am linking completely un-related concepts here.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bugglesby

Yes, this topic went down a rabbit hole of apparent secrecy pretty quickly. I've not seen anything new, just regurgitations of the same news from a week ago. Not altogether surprising though. If it was a weapons test I guess I understand some degree of secrecy, but if it wasn't and is some other accidental event I totally reject the notion of secrecy from the public!

I would say the two events you cite are completely unrelated. This event is likely at a government level, and the event in Hamburg is at an individual/group level (if there was even any ill intent at all). The Hamburg event could very well have just been an accidental discharge of some OC as a result of mishandling of a passenger's forgotten item in their carry on.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Thank you, for confirming the lack of info out there. And for your response regarding what happened over in Hamburg. I do tend to over-think!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
enenews.com... rticles-very-radioactive

Looks like the cloud is heading over Frances way.

Any chance of it crossing the Atlantic?

Radioactive cloud could be heading our way — A CLOUD of mysterious radioactive particles floating across Europe… could enter Jersey airspace, Environmental Health have said… scientists have yet to work out where the radiation comes from… Caroline Maffia, assistant director of Environmental Health in Jersey, said the department was aware of the situation but 24-hour-a-day air monitors placed across the Island had not detected anything yet. CAPTION: ‘We are not picking up anything at this moment. We are slightly out of the way of where it seems to be going but depending on wind direction we could detect something here,’ said Ms Maffia.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Also saw this video.

The video shows the wind patterns for Europe.

Seems like the radioactivity is already over the ocean.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
News story this morning. Not much new, but at least it's getting some airtime.

Radiation Cloud

I find it strange no one is talking about K-27. I also saw an interesting comment in the comments section about a 4.3 earthquake somewhere in Russia (hadn't heard about that).

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
WC-135, serial 62-3582, departed RAF Mildenhall this morning. Currently over the Mediterranean after routing through France.

Twitter Planes on the net link

Callsign CORL38 WC-135 Twitter link

edit on 27/2/2017 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Would an earthquake in Russia be enough to get some of the old equipment leaking?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join