It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should President Trump end the War on Drugs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The White House is considering eliminating funding for arts, public broadcasting and legal services to cut domestic spending, according to the New York Times.

The Times reported late Friday that it obtained an internal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) memo containing a “hit list” of programs that could be axed.

Reportedly on the list: the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Americorps, the National Endowments for the Arts and the Humanities, the White House’s Office of National Drug Control Policy and the Export-Import Bank, among others.
thehill.com...

Trump shouldn't fund the White House’s Office of National Drug Control Policy

End the failed war on drugs

I would rather fund Law Enforcement Action Partnership (L.E.A.P.)

The Law Enforcement Action Partnership believes that adult drug abuse is a public health problem and not a law enforcement matter.

The Law Enforcement Action Partnership does not promote the use of drugs and is deeply concerned about the extent of drug abuse and drug-related violence worldwide. However, both drug abuse and violence flourish under drug prohibition, just as they did during alcohol prohibition.

The Law Enforcement Action Partnership recognizes that drugs can be dangerous and addictive. Reasonable regulation should protect public health and include age restrictions on drug sales and use.
lawenforcementactionpartnership.org...

Here is an Interview with Lt. Commander Diane Goldstein (Ret.), Law Enforcement Action Partnership (L.E.A.P.)

edit on 19-2-2017 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
With no OP, I would say no .. but definitely modify it substantially.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
As in properly legalizing certain stuff, which can then be used for medicines, building materials, textiles, etc?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

While I see no reason to legalize MJ for recreational use, it should be decriminalized for smaller amounts and legal for medical use, with stiff fines for people abusing medicinal use.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Yes, the majority of possession infractions should be reduced to misdemeanours with no jail time for non violent offenders. Jack up the sentences for traffickers of narcotics that hold no medicinal value, as in Cocaine and Heroin etc.

Completely remove the restrictions from MJ, create a framework for selling/growing it for recreation as well as medicinally.

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm curious about this stance? Do we really even need a reason to have MJ illegal as a recreational substance?

We have alcohol, which by all accounts is very harmful for a host of different reasons, some even argue worse than MJ would be. Colorado has shown little to no effect really after a few years of legalization.

I'm just curious about where your'e coming from.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's a plant just like Trump!

Just kidding about Trump. Trump and Company don't even mention the drug war.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
It's a plant just like Trump!

Just kidding about Trump. Trump and Company don't even mention the drug war.

Well he keeps mentioning that he wants to fix inner cities and help the African American community, doing away with archaic drug laws would go a long way, so I think he's going to have to address it eventually.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Shall we start with suicide because you can't get a job at Mc Donalds for the rest of your life with a MJ charge.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't think Trump should back off of any drug laws ... until everyone on ATS can say they love him. And that, they really love him. Because love can break down bad laws. And that if he can get a law passed that says no more rapists or criminals will be allowed to penetrate the borders of the US ... then maybe you can even get two drug laws erased from the books. /sarc

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sure why not? Have him sign an executive order ending the war on drugs. The genie from Aladdin will appear and get it done. Then Donald will hold a rally and take credit.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

I'm curious about this stance? Do we really even need a reason to have MJ illegal as a recreational substance?

We have alcohol, which by all accounts is very harmful for a host of different reasons, some even argue worse than MJ would be. Colorado has shown little to no effect really after a few years of legalization.

I'm just curious about where your'e coming from.

~Tenth

I think while many people can enjoy things without a problem, overall we would be better off without tobacco and alcohol. But they are here. Why add more to the list?

MOST people can enjoy MJ and be fine, not all can.It should not be criminal though.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That's a reasonable stance to take, I can respect that.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Not sure how thats going to work.

Sessions doesnt even think pot should be legal...

Trump� ��s anti-pot attorney general choice rattles legal marijuana movement.

“Good people don't smoke marijuana," said Alabama Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions in an April Senate hearing.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yes.

Will he?

No.

Seeing as how dismantling the war on drugs and decriminilizing drugs would almost completely get rid of the majority of social problems, I don't see this administration doing it.

Sometimes I'm cynical though.

edit on 19-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2017 by underwerks because: Phone

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
After he ends the war on terror, this should be next!!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

That's a reasonable stance to take, I can respect that.

~Tenth

I do try! Personal responsibility is the biggest problem with the more libertarian stance of legalizing all drugs.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes.

What's the next question.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes.

If you are travelling at 65 mph and Gravity was actually a thing that existed, how many pork pies could I sell to a Muslim or Jew?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Yes.

Will he?

No.

Came in here to say, this.

Conservative Christians will never allow the devil's lettuce to be federally legal, even though it's completely harmless.

I'll go a few steps further and say, legalize all drugs! Prostitution while we're at it!

You would see violent crime disappear almost over night.

Let people make their own choices. Those who would do hard drugs are already doing them. Nobody is going to start doing meth just because it's legal.

Alcohol and opiates are among the most addictive, and most harmful drugs out there, and they're legal.
edit on 19-2-2017 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes.

If you are travelling at 65 mph and Gravity was actually a thing that existed, how many pork pies could I sell to a Muslim or Jew?

Seven, IF you convert to Celsius.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join