It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cites (fake) attack in Sweden MSM goes NUTS!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

youre exactly right. But haters dont want to acknowledge even the possibility that Trump might have simply made an obscure reference to something that DID happen, even if what happened was a television show that was talking about violence in Sweden. I agree his is doing no one any favors by often making such vague references that no one but him will immediately understand. However.....the haters who seize upon those flubs and call them LIES instead of extending Trump the benefit of the doubt, are only showing how desperate they are to find anything, however minuscule and inconsequential, they can use to disparage and smear him. It is reprehensible and intellectually irresponsible at the very least....and at the worst it is deceptive and dangerous.

The narrative the lamestream lying media went with was that Trump MADE UP a terror attack in Sweden. First, not only did he not even say the word terror, but the PRECEDING statements leading up to his comments about sweden were about national security and crime. Later that rant morphed into comments about immigrant related crime which INCLUDED acts of terror which he made a vague reference to but did not SPECIFICALLY mention.

Now i ask all reasonable people here.....is it not allowed to speak generally about violence which includes but terror and NON TERROR related violence? Everyone wants to allege Trump was saying there was a terror attack in Sweden because of his references to countries in which terror attacks took place AFTER his comment about Sweden. But what about his comments about crime and national security BEFORE his Sweden commen? Do those comments not have at least equal standing in creating the context of his Sweden comment as those comments that came AFTER his Sweden comment?

The profoundly obstinate refusal of Trump haters to acknowledge the subtlety, nuance, and clumsiness of off the cuff, ad lib, conversational style speaking is truly baffling and frankly quite disappointing......but sadly....not at all surprising.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I remember Obama saying he'd already visited 57 states and some (ok, a lot of) right leaning people on ATS screamed in indignation that the President didn't even know how many states America has because they clearly have no concept of irony. Trump made a statement 'look at what happened in Sweden last night' and you seem to be desperately trying to wriggle it away as being of no import. So what exactly is he referring to, or did he just think his core audience are too gullible to care and will just take his word on it?

Kind of pathetic, but not unexpected.
edit on 20-2-2017 by uncommitted because: see brackets

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

apples to oranges comparison and ill tell you why. No matter how indignant the righties were about Obama the ENTIRE MSM wasnt running with their grievances like they are every time Trump does or says something dumb. The difference is night and day. Obama enjoyed the protection and adulation of the MSM, Trump does not.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
a reply to: uncommitted

apples to oranges comparison and ill tell you why. No matter how indignant the righties were about Obama the ENTIRE MSM wasnt running with their grievances like they are every time Trump does or says something dumb. The difference is night and day. Obama enjoyed the protection and adulation of the MSM, Trump does not.

I'm not sure I'd agree. I'm sure Fox and ABC were keener than CNN to make stupid and puerile comments about anything Obama said that they could spin to meet their narrative, Nature of the beast really.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Exactly! Trump supposedly got his info from Fox News, an organization that bases its legitimacy on fake news for over 20 years. Are you right wingers that dumb or that brainwashed? What's even more sad is that you are mixing up this fake news with some right wing wacko logic from the likes of Alex Jones in a poor attempt to legitimize something that is ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

Anyone want to see "C" students that suffer from a lack of education, see here for some right wing lunacy.

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Ami Horowitz was fired? I would love a link to read up on it.

Dude your slow, carson got fired in the 90s for being full of #, oh and fox news is a joke.

The war on xmas, santa and jesus where really white people.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Forgive me, if this is the wrong place to ask. I've been visiting ATS for over 7 nonproductive years and still can't figure out how to send private messages. Too many buttons and gadgets for my liking.

Anyhoo, I'm a little bit short on cash this month and was wondering if you might be able to hook me up with CTR? I'm totally cool with selling out humanity for satanic paedophiles and can type nearly 8 wpm.

Help a troll out brah.
edit on 20-2-2017 by OwenandNoelle because: no i didn't

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I figured, even when Trump remains quite - MSM found its way to blame him by adding "Trump" to headlines or mixing him into Articles which originally are about Erdogan or Sport Events or even Dating Shows.. doesn't really matter, the negative comment on Trump is everywhere.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My god you people are desperately insecure. He screwed up. Just admit it for once and stop desperately excusing every lie he tells.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

well the msm now reports as if their previous outrageous claims never existed, that trump believed in something which is not true while in case it is .. anyways trumps statement was kinda gibberish too

but in the end i see trump as an opportunity with a very low risk of madness (while msm claim ~99,99% chance) and a great chance to make more than a step forwards

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
My god you people are desperately insecure. He screwed up. Just admit it for once and stop desperately excusing every lie he tells.

All humans screw-up. It goes with the territory. President Trump and each of us will "screw up" plenty of times going forward.

If President Trump would pack away his ego, and admit when he makes a verbal mistake, so much human energy wouldn't be expended by those who think THEY are perfect, and those who think that Trump is a "perfect" being.

Wish there was a way to measure and illustrate the energy put in to the this non-story by USA media, discussion forums, etc..

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: fencesitter85

All humans screw-up. It goes with the territory. President Trump and each of us will "screw up" plenty of times going forward.

If President Trump would pack away his ego, and admit when he makes a verbal mistake, so much human energy wouldn't be expended by those who think THEY are perfect, and those who think that Trump is a "perfect" being.

Wish there was a way to measure and illustrate the energy put in to the this non-story by USA media, discussion forums, etc..

FWIW, I agree with you. I'm not pro trump; I'm anti blind faith. If he said 'you know what, I got it wrong - oops. We all make mistakes, but let's refocus and move on' I would have so much respect for him. Exactly the same logic for the particular contingent on ATS who employ blind faith.

It's not a weakness to say 'he effed up, he should just acknowledge it and move on' - it's more of a weakness to make desperate defensive comments saying 'erm no actually gosh dern it, he was talking about the GENERAL situation in Sweden you libtardz'. It's embarrassing.

Literally the only time I can think of that he's apologised was over the disgusting grab them by the puss comment. And that was because he was caught on tape and had literally no other option. I doubt for a second he was actually sorry.

Point is we should all hold our leaders accountable no matter from which side of the fence we throw our rocks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join