It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cites (fake) attack in Sweden MSM goes NUTS!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

No idea who he is even. I don't watch any news, it's all crap.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Hey I love everyone, even you.

I need a hug.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

sh*t you're a fast typer.

I wish i didn't watch any news either, but i'm kind of obliged to 'ugh'.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Or he meant the show which was on last night that showed all the problems in Sweden.

So the bad thing that happened in Sweden "last night" was a tv show in America about Sweden?

Where did he say anything bad happened last night? He never did.

you look at what's happening (all the crime) last night (aired last night) in Sweden (about Sweden)

So people watched bad things happening in Sweden the night before. That does not mean they took place that night. In context, where he talks about NUMEROUS places, it would make very little sense for him to be talking about a specific event in Sweden that happened that night as there are no details given.

In context, you really have to want to be ignorant and stupid to keep arguing this.
edit on 19-2-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

I only do because my patients do. So I am forced.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Whoa you make your patients type fast? I'm confused what's your profession?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Or he meant the show which was on last night that showed all the problems in Sweden.

So the bad thing that happened in Sweden "last night" was a tv show in America about Sweden?

you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden.

Poor Sweden, that show that aired in America must have been terrible, Sweden.

Sweden

All you one-layered thinkers and MSM Kool-aid drinkers are going to have to learn how to hear and understand that New York American dialect now known as Trumplish.

First step is to listen to him, not the pundits from VFN.
Then you have to understand that our new president doesn't always follow the script.
His mind is sharp and his thought-processes quick. Sometimes you will notice the mouth has to work overtime to keep up.
He is honest to a fault.

I love it! It's such a refreshing change, imo. He is so genuine and sometimes the bluntness of a New Yorker makes him seem crass or rude, but he is really a good and extremely sharp man.

It also helps if you, yourself, have a grasp of what is going on and who the players are. It makes it much easier to follow him.
edit on 19-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It's funny, whenever Hillary misspoke, or hell even when she walked funny or sneezed, every little detail, every word was over analysed, picked apart, to demonise her.

But when Trump or one of his acolytes slip up, it gets shrugged off.

Such double standards.

But I'm ignorant and stupid, sure no,worries.

God emperor is a correct term for him isn't it?

You've placed this guy so high up on a pedestal that he cannot possibly be fallible, nothing he's done can be wrong...ever.

Wow.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

And don't forget then-Senator Obama's "57 States" gaffe & "my Muslim faith" gaffe. They still won't get over them even though he said them before he even became President.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And I rest my case on the god emperor bit.

Trumps disciples will ruin his presidency, because they keep turning a blind eye to his flaws.

Instead of making excuses for him, and making up fantasies about his sharp mind, just admit that he is actually human.

You do realise he has since clarified what he meant right? So even HE realised he wasn't being clear enough.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

i actually really love this situation because it is SUCH A RICH EXAMPLE of a quirk of verbal communication in that it PERFECTLY illustrates how people can all listen to or read the SAME THING and yet come away with totally different interpretations.

Someone needs to find me what this is actually called, semantically or otherwise, when Trump does this....watch carefully:

"We will have strong borders again, and I mean that. You've seen it in television. You've seen it on television. General Kelly, now Secretary Kelly, he's really doing the job. You're seeing it."

and then again here:

"Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris. We've allowed thousands and thousands of people into our country and there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing. So we're going to keep our country safe."

You will notice that he says a phrase....goes forward.....jumps back to that phrase.....goes forward some more....and repeats the phrase again. Reminds me of two steps forward, one step back. WHAT IS THAT CALLED? This manner or style of speaking is part of whats confusing people.

I am CERTAIN someone has performed an expert analysis of Trumps speaking patterns. I believe understanding HOW he talks is the key to understanding WHAT he MEANS. And people aren't getting it. People aren't getting it, and they dont WANT to get it....and there are those who get it, but wish they didnt and will instead of admitting that they get it, will simply resort to ad homs, straw men and just simple childish insults RATHER THAN ADMIT THEY UNDERSTAND because they would then have to admit the MSM in fact IS frequently lying about Trumps misstatements and calling them LIES when in fact they are just his clumsy weird speaking patterns at work.

Should people have to try so hard to understand Trump? No.....but its not a perfect world....and guess what...sometimes you have someone in your life that just isnt easy to understand. I have foreigners that have married into my family who speak with heavy accents when they speak English.....and so i have to try HARDER to understand them.

People have remarked here and elsewhere that its pathetic that we have a president who isnt so well spoken that everyone can understand him. Well.....thems the breaks kiddo! Sorry, doesnt give you an excuse to be a punk about it and use Trumps speaking style as pretext to completely misrepresent what he MEANT when a few moments of thinking about it would make it pretty clear most of the time what he meant or at least what he didnt mean. Process of elimination. I know its hard using the old noodle.....maybe instead of whining about it be thankful we have a POTUS who keeps us on our toes and reveals the inherent weaknesses in our comprehension skills.

How about turn a negative into a positive?

How about people take a few minutes time to actually THINK about what was said before jumping on it like something in heat.

Heres the funny thing: everyone is justified in their own mind that their interpretation is the correct one and why.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

No, he didn't - instead of squinting in an attempt to see something that is simply not there, why don't you just copy/paste the bit where he said it was a terrorist attack.

Here, I'll kick things off, just underline the terrorist attack part for me.

I'll wait to see if you can back up these ludicrous online lies.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm not a Trump supporter, and it looks crystal clear that is what he is talking about. He does not appear to be talking about an event.

You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world.

It's clear he is not referencing an attack that happened Friday. It's actually really stupid to argue he is. Or is he saying attacks happened in Germany, Brussels, Paris .. and everywhere in the world on Friday?

I never said attack. And neither did he. Whatever he was talking about happened the night before in Sweden.

From his tone and context, I don't think he's talking about a birthday party. What is he talking about that happened all over the world including Sweden?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm not a Trump supporter, and it looks crystal clear that is what he is talking about. He does not appear to be talking about an event.

You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world.

It's clear he is not referencing an attack that happened Friday. It's actually really stupid to argue he is. Or is he saying attacks happened in Germany, Brussels, Paris .. and everywhere in the world on Friday?

I never said attack. And neither did he. Whatever he was talking about happened the night before in Sweden.

From his tone and context, I don't think he's talking about a birthday party. What is he talking about that happened all over the world including Sweden?

False, what he was talking happened the night before and it was about Sweden. It was a broadcast, about Sweden. Never once does he say anything happened in Sweden friday night. I always wondered why someone chooses ignorance, can you clue me in?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

He absolutely could have been and SHOULD have been clearer. That doesn't turn his talking about a broadcast into him making up an event.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes mass delusion,

Also Trump has not friends in Washington, even his own team, they all hate him. He is an outsider, this wasn't supposed to happen.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

And I rest my case on the god emperor bit.

Trumps disciples will ruin his presidency, because they keep turning a blind eye to his flaws.

Instead of making excuses for him, and making up fantasies about his sharp mind, just admit that he is actually human.

You do realise he has since clarified what he meant right? So even HE realised he wasn't being clear enough.

No one is turning a blind eye to his flaws...not even him.

He said that he doesn't mind negative things said about him if they are true. He will be the first one to acknowledge a mistake. But, he, and yes, his supporters, get upset rightfully so when he is mischaracterized and when blatant lies and half-truths are told in the msm about him.

I think a lot of his supporters are like him....counterpunchers. You punch with lies and innuendo? You're going to get punched back...and hard. It's time people stood up for what is righteous and quit lapping up the msm bullspit like milk from the gods of truth.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It's funny, whenever Hillary misspoke, or hell even when she walked funny or sneezed, every little detail, every word was over analysed, picked apart, to demonise her.

But when Trump or one of his acolytes slip up, it gets shrugged off.

Such double standards.

But I'm ignorant and stupid, sure no,worries.

God emperor is a correct term for him isn't it?

You've placed this guy so high up on a pedestal that he cannot possibly be fallible, nothing he's done can be wrong...ever.

Wow.

Hillarys seizures(?) looked like a demonic possession. Her speaches at the presidential debates were an incoherent mess. With all due respect but during the whole elction she seemed to be very ill and didn't made much sense either. Youtube is full of her ramblings. No it's just not the same at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Hey, at least he finally told us why he said it. He saw it from FOX news.

"I saw it on FOX news"

Well, that's your first mistake right there, genius.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I said pages ago that was what he had to be referring to. I don't watch FOX and it was obvious to me ... how did no actual news outlet pick up on it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join