It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cites (fake) attack in Sweden MSM goes NUTS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: friendlymonster

Or he meant the show which was on last night that showed all the problems in Sweden.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Who made up the "terror attack"? Did Trump say "terror attack in Sweden last night"? So who made it up---Trump or the msm? See it they didn't make stuff up like that, he wouldn't have to call them out on it. It's pretty simple really, for normal people, people who don't speak Newspeak.
They are also mad because nobody is passing them advance copies of his speeches. They actually have to listen to what he is saying before attacking him. That really ticks them off---that they can't have an answer ready before he even gives the speech!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, it's a reference to what was shown last night. Notice how he doesn't mention any specific incident and talks about problems.

Shown?

Where/what/when/how?

AH ... nevermind.

Found it on CNN

Others on Twitter have speculated that Trump, who is a well-chronicled consumer of television news, might have been watching a segment on Fox News host Tucker Carlson's show Friday night. Carlson interviewed Ami Horowitz, a filmmaker who has tried to tie Sweden's taking in of asylum seekers to increased violent crimes in the country.

CNN.com

Actually you're probably correct. Trump does love him some Fox.

edit on 19-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Thankfully no one was hurt in this horrible attack that did not occur.

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS!

lol
edit on 19-2-2017 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm sure you've lied too, so what?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The tweeter in chief has spoken.

My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden
twitter.com...

Good old Fox.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: underwerks

Trump talks too much, he is bound to mess up when he does that. In this particular case, Trump did not say there was a terrorist attack. The yesterday part should have been "this month or last month".

I look at the facts, I don't back Trump, if Bernie would have been an option I would have voted for him, anybody but Hillary. Over half the people in the country actually understood what he said. Another twenty five percent of people have been steered to believe he said what the Media said he said. They believed a lie. If you are conditioned to interpret something the way those of your kind believe it should be interpretted, then you will see and hear things to reinforce your beliefs.

That is how religion and science work, conditioning to believe evidence based on belief. That is why so many scientists disagree with each other. Both sides can look at the same evidence and interpret it differently.

Our whole society is conditioned.

I never said he said anything about terrorists. The actual words, from the transcript, in context:

Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers.

www.vox.com...

If this isn't an instance of him making up something to pin on immigrants, what is it? What happened in Sweden the night before that he's referring to involving immigrants? That has a parallel in Germany? Maybe not specifically terrorism, but something negative.

That's the meaning within the context of what he said. Not looking at it through any partisan glasses. It's literally what he meant. Make of it what you will.
edit on 19-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

winner winner chicken dinner

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago More My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hmmmm....
Donald Trump huh?

I like this guy.
I agree about Sweden.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Jesus loves everyone.

Look it up (new testament)
edit on 19-2-2017 by JesusXst because: too much wine

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It's already been explained. He was referencing the news about Sweden broadcast the night before talking about the numerous problems. It was not about an incident that happened Friday night, but the broadcast that was on.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

People need to create reasons to be angry.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Trump sometimes doesn't speak in coherent sentences. Yesterday at the rally when he was mentioning the 7 countries were determined by Obama he missed didn't finish a sentence with the word me when he was saying these countries were not determined by him. He was trying to put Sweden and last night's TV broadcast together in the same sentence and it came out like he was mentioning something happened in Sweden last night when what he really meant was what he watched about Sweden last night. Slips like this happens and frankly I don't think it's fair to nitpick 1 sentence out of hundreds he spoke at the rally.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I wish I could come up with something clever to say, but I'd only be wasting my breath............
This happened in Sweden Friday night, Mr President.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

This did too.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's already been explained. He was referencing the news about Sweden broadcast the night before talking about the numerous problems. It was not about an incident that happened Friday night, but the broadcast that was on.

But that's not what it means in the context of his actual words and how he said it. Check the transcript.

Your take on it only makes sense if you make assumptions about what he meant instead of going by his actual words.

That's the problem. Trump supporters are spinning what he actually says using their own assumptions as a base for it. Instead of his actual words, in context.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Jesus loves everyone.

Look it up (new testament)

I said like.

I'm sure Jesus has to love a lot of people he doesn't want to. (In the words of Hank Hill)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'm not a Trump supporter, and it looks crystal clear that is what he is talking about. He does not appear to be talking about an event.

You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world.

It's clear he is not referencing an attack that happened Friday. It's actually really stupid to argue he is. Or is he saying attacks happened in Germany, Brussels, Paris .. and everywhere in the world on Friday?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

whoa Tucker looks ancient, 10 years and he's down the drain already.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Or he meant the show which was on last night that showed all the problems in Sweden.

So the bad thing that happened in Sweden "last night" was a tv show in America about Sweden?

you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden.

Poor Sweden, that show that aired in America must have been terrible, Sweden.

Sweden

edit on 19/2/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join