It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cites (fake) attack in Sweden MSM goes NUTS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
By now most of you news junkies have read about the latest "Trump speak" flub at his most recent rally in Florida where he SEEMED to reference something bad happening in Sweden on Friday night (February 17, 2017) relating to Muslim immigrants.

Here's the USA today link where you can watch a VERY short clip with the phrase that has many people scratching their heads and the MSM going completely nuts thinking they have caught him in a LIE or perhaps a moment of "dementia" or other cognitive malfunction.

You look at whats happening in Sweden!

And the text of the segment:

"Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris. We've allowed thousands and thousands of people into our country and there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing. So we're going to keep our country safe."

And the video of the quote people are foaming at the mouth over.

Now, some of you will be quick to agree with the tack the MSM is taking on how to INTERPRET Trumps intent and meaning here. But I simply MUST diverge from that admittedly far more fun and salacious interpretation for a very simple reason: I know how Trump talks/speaks. I understand the admittedly bizarre manner in which he communicates verbally. It is a very broken, halting, fragmented and sometimes confusing affair which leaves all but the most discerning linguistically, semantically inclined gravitating immediately to the most apparent but often the most incorrect meaning. His comments on Mexicans being rapists is one of my favorite complete misapprehensions the MSM and many others are guilty of.

But alas, this is about what he seems to have alleged happened in Sweden on Friday night. But did anything bad happen in Sweden on Friday night at the hands of Muslim immigrants? Not that we know of, hence the foofaraw the Media is generating and stoking with buttloads of distinctly unsophisticated fodder.

So, listen to the segment.....read the full text....and decide for yourself what he meant.

As for me, I CHOOSE to believe what Trump was doing was speaking in his usual very broken, ad lib conversational style, which by now we should all be VERY familiar with if we have watched even ONE of his rallys all the way through. The man just does not have the gift of speaking explicitly and in a manner that is easy to follow. Or maybe it is! Maybe it depends alot on how well versed one is in understanding all kinds and manners of verbal communication. Maybe it depends alot on what you WANT him to mean rather than what he actually means.

In any event, it was pointed out on another website linked by USA Today that of all times on FRIDAY NIGHT there was a segment on the Tucker Carlson show that just happened to deal with what you might ask? Increased Muslim immigrant related violence in Sweden.

was Trump referencing the Friday night Tucker Carlson segment?

So it appears what we have here is the rabid, anti Trump, FAKE NEWS purveyors taking a statement of Trump COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT and assigning their own meaning to it to create yet another narrative example that Trump lies or mistates things frequently. Par for the course if you ask me.

Ive already been engaged in ONE Facebook argument over how to interpret what Trump said and people are simply SO insistent on Trump being a serial liar that they refuse to admit there is more than one way to understand what he says.

I will readily admit Trump doesnt always make it very easy for much of the dumbed down population to understand what he means.....but that is no excuse for those who should know better to twist his words to mean something they dont.

Communication is a VERY complex and multifaceted and nuanced thing. It does an incredible disservice to the sheeple for the MSM to purposely misconstrue and propagate falsehoods about what Trump means when he occassionally says things that arent crystal clear.

THIS is why they are called fake news. Not simply because they report things in an often very biased fashion, but BECAUSE THEY CREATE FALSE MEANINGS designed to DECEIVE and MISLEAD the unsophisticated masses.

What say you ATS?
edit on 19-2-2017 by tribal because: title

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yes its the news fault that trump lies and acts like an idiot, there so powerfull they can control what the greatest man ever says live on tv.

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I was just about to post something on another thread about this.

Trump DID NOT say there was a terrorist attack in Sweden.

If you were listening to his words, he said something about looking at what happened in Sweden. Actually, there has been some conflict between a group of citizens against all the refugees there. The influx of refugees is creating problems now amongst citizen groups that say enough is enough.

But, those looking for something to do a "catcha" heard his words and their pea brains automatically heard "terror" attack.

We need to stand with our president against this onslaught of misinformation by the vile msm and correct it every time they lie or misrepresent him.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wonder if he heard something in a classified briefing and made a Freudian Slip.

We all know he can't control his big mouth, so maybe it wasn't made up.

Maybe something did happen "last night" that he was informed of and like the blubbering buffoon he is he actually said it to the whole world.

I'd rather he lied to be honest.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Yes its the news fault that trump lies and acts like an idiot, there so powerfull they can control what the greatest man ever says live on tv.

I will bet dollars to donuts you are one of those people that know what President Trump "said" because you listened, not to HIM, but to what one of the Fake News channels or websites told you he said.

It was once again....Fake News!

edit on 19-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What "terrorist" attack?

He mentioned them taking in large amounts of refugees.
What's happened? They took in large amounts of refugees.
How is this equated to a lie? Or false news? Or a terrorist attack?
Never once mentioned attack or terrorist.

Good grief the grasping at straws is undeniable here.

+4 more 
link   

You do realize the media is reporting on the reaction to this by Sweden, right?
www.washingtonpost.com...
It's not the media making this into a story. The people of Sweden are collectively asking WTF, and the media is reporting that.
edit on 19-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Fake... right!

So what happened "last night" in Sweden?

Baring in mind Germany, Paris, Nice and Brussels were all terrorist attacks, doesn't it stand to reason that Trump was indeed talking about Terror???

The Cuckoo Cult.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

thats a good point and i had not considered that. You are quite right that its entirely possible Trump was referencing something classified.

However, going with Occams razor thingy....what is the most REASONABLE explanation of what Trump meant?

I think since it was shown by some other websites that Trump is KNOWN to cite stats and stories RIGHT AFTER they air on Fox news that this is the most likely explanation.

And yet, KNOWING THAT....the MSM STILL decided to run with the idea that Trump was actually LYING rather than merely being obscure. And whats more, they should know by now, as we all should, that Trumps manner of speaking and talking is often very hard to follow and that is perhaps more of a liability to him than almost anything else he does. He simply gives his detractors FAR too much ammunition to use against him.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I will bet dollars to donuts you are one of those people that know what President Trump "said" because you listened, not to HIM, but to what one of the Fake News channels or websites told you he said.

It was once again....Fake News!

Says the trump lover, did you guys win that war on xmas yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Trump never said in that statement anything about terrorist attacks, he was addressing the problems they are having with the refugees. That has been ongoing, they actually stopped taking in refugees because the refugee males are harassing the women in Sweden. And sometimes a lot worse than harassing.

Talk about inappropriate trolling by some people, just looking at the recording shows there is nothing about terrorist attacks mentioned. This has been all over social media and many people blindly believe he said terrorist attacks even after watching the video. I think we might have some sort of massive delusion going on in the world.

Trump puts his foot in his mouth enough, people do not have to make things up about him. I told the wife when we were watching this life that the yesterday being used was probably the wrong word. It has been ongoing for months, maybe something happened again the day before, someone got harassed or something, I bet he was not wrong, it happens almost every day in Sweden now from what I read, Women try to avoid these men from the middle east there now.

So it is not a problem if these middle eastern refugees with their different cultural upbringing harrass the female citizens of Sweden? I always thought we looked out for our women here and in Sweden and protected them. If a couple of local teens started harassing the Swedish women, they would be in jail, yet they don't arrest the refugees because they are different. Hmmm. Cultural differences can cause terrorism to a society. Maybe the only place they should allow the Refugees in Sweden is in the capitol of Sweden, they would have kicked them out right away.

Lets allow all these refugees only if they keep them all in Washington DC and Las Angeles.
edit on 19-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

stand to reason? whats reasonable? Communication is not some kind of systemitized, SCIENTIFIC phenomenon. Its messy....its clumsy....its not even 100 percent verbal....as experts have repeatedly pointed out.

If you would watch a few minutes leading up to the gaffe you would CLEARLY note that Trump is not even speaking about terrorism.....AT ALL.....hes speaking about security.....safety....national security. From there he goes from talking about gangs to mentioning or referencing bad things happening in Europe as a result of unchecked immigration from mostly Muslim countries. He offered ZERO specifics....but was speaking in generalities.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

yes and as some others pointed out in the comments sections of some of the online articles......the magnification and lampooning of this ONE TINY obscure reference is being used to COMPLETELY shut down debate about the actual issue which is borders, security and immigration and its affect on those.

It is striking and startling just how easy it is to (mis)lead the public and those who DONT WANT to know the truth of something.

wow.....

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Trump never said terrorist attack. Maybe we can make ATS great again by having MODS delete these Fake news threads.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I agree with you but for different reasons. Trump wanted to get people talking about this, because there are claims that a lot of countries in Europe are covering this up.

How do you get people talking and asking questions and looking into it? Well he has to say something that is wrong, so they can prove him wrong and then that opens the door for all of these other questions.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

stand to reason? whats reasonable? Communication is not some kind of systemitized, SCIENTIFIC phenomenon. Its messy....its clumsy....its not even 100 percent verbal....as experts have repeatedly pointed out.

If you would watch a few minutes leading up to the gaffe you would CLEARLY note that Trump is not even speaking about terrorism.....AT ALL.....hes speaking about security.....safety....national security. From there he goes from talking about gangs to mentioning or referencing bad things happening in Europe as a result of unchecked immigration from mostly Muslim countries. He offered ZERO specifics....but was speaking in generalities.

So Germany, Nice, Paris and Brussels (all Terror attacks) lumped in with Sweden (supposed refugee problem)?

What happened "last night" in Sweden???
edit on 19-2-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I like stuff like this if it is true, I would be all over it and agree if Trump actually did say there was an attack in sweden but he actually is referencing the fact that there are problems all over the place in Sweden because of some of these Refugees. He never says one thing in reference to these countries about terror attacks in that little bit of speech. He says it is a mess, and I am sure a lot of Swedish people will agree with him.

Even the Swedish government is asking the white house to clarify this, preferring to ask the white house instead of commenting on it. I do not know about the yesterday comment, maybe there was some instance the day before with these guys causing problems there that he read about or it may have just been that he messed up. He talks way too much sometimes.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

It does seem kind of strange that the majority of a country would want this to happen to their country.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Horrible things ARE HAPPENING IN SWEDEN.

HORIBLE CRIMES AND RAPE ARE BEING COMMITED BY REFUGEES.

THEY ARE ALLOWING 12 year old girls to be married and raped in the name of Islam.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

A 14-year-old child bride from Syria came to Sweden and became pregnant with her husband, who is also her cousin. Now a Swedish court has approved of her marriage, because she appears "mature," and for religious and cultural reasons.

The girl was married off to a cousin when she was only twelve years old. In Sweden, she has been placed with his aunt and her family.

speisa.com...

edit on 19-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

He forgot to mention that the survivors of the Bowling Green massacre were actually there when Sweden got attacked. Luckily, Frederic Douglas was there to pull survivors out of the ensuing inferno, saving a few innocent lives. It's heroic acts like this, from a Trump supporter like Douglas, that enabled Trump to have the record landslide win he did in November.

Gawd bless Trump.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join