It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China Jumping On Board The Trump Train

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
China has been one of North Korea's main allies. After the latest North Korean missile launch, China seems to be distancing themselves for what could turn out to be a big problem.

China says it will suspend all imports of coal from North Korea for the rest of the year, depriving the country of a crucial source of foreign exchange following its latest missile test.

www.aljazeera.com...

We all know how President Trump feels about the launch so he put Rex Tillerson to work.

The rocket launch was the first since US President Donald Trump came to power and was seen as a challenge to the new American leader, who has promised a strong response. Trump has repeatedly criticised China for doing too little to help stop North Korea's nuclear programme. Rex Tillerson, US secretary of state, used his first meeting with Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on Friday to urge China "to use all available tools to moderate North Korea's destabilising behaviour".

I like this move by President Trump.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

The problem with China cutting off money to NK is that it's just the already destitute who will suffer the most. That sick bastard in charge will just hoard more for himself.

They need a coup to clean out that rats nest.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

True, but if you have no one to be the leader of, then your not a leader.

Yeah something needs to be done before nothing can be done.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Ok lets look at Iraq.
Sanctions were put on Iraq....Saddam hoarded the money and people suffered.
He then had WMD (I know...lets not go there)

North Korea HAS weapons of mass destruction AND their people suffer.
We all know the obvious answer but....why is nobody going to war over this???

Good for Trump but China cares about China and will not bother doing much other than a token speech on how they are a bad bad dog and should stop pissing off the Americans while doing and accomplishing....nothing really.
Thats the sad reality.
edit on 19-2-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Trump is killing it so far.

No more America getting taken advantage of by every nation on Earth. Nations can deal with us honestly and fairly or they can sod off.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Well China is doing this only because their replacement Kim Jong Nam got taken out by North Korean agents. There is a growing rumor that China has plans to replace Baby Kim because they are losing their patience with his spoiled child act.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Has this not been the tactics of the China for at least decades now? China will be an economies best friend... pulling out red carpets and bonding with potential investors... offering results in production of goods unmatched to what the rest of the World can offer for the cost. It's a win/win scenario... results at a cost. But that's where the wool is pulled over investor's eyes. Once contracts are in place and production rolls out, those that rolled out the red carpet are not able to even speak the same language all of a sudden... maybe they are unable to be reached entirely. The realities remain that those investing in China are skating on thin ice as far as being able to remain standing for the long haul. China is set up for a quick buck... with a complete disregard for quality. just take a look at all the ghost cities that exist in China... for the mere purpose of free revenue from government... it's insane.

There's a scale to keep in mind when shopping for goods and or service. In this scale include that 3 areas... GOOD - CHEAP - FAST. When spending your money, it is only possible to pick 2 of those... yet, China has become masters at convincing others that all 3 are possible.

Why do you think after years and years of applying, Trump was just recently granted trademark patent rights in China? Not very long after Trump accuses China of being currency manipulators. China government has a far deeper legacy than U.S., and with that comes that easier connection to practices of past regimes. China has to keep it's tactics on a yo-yo with how much turnover U.S. government sees. China will always decide the path which gains them monetary value long term... what is said and done is just a stage to achieve end results.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
China has been one of North Korea's main allies. After the latest North Korean missile launch, China seems to be distancing themselves for what could turn out to be a big problem.

China says it will suspend all imports of coal from North Korea for the rest of the year, depriving the country of a crucial source of foreign exchange following its latest missile test.

www.aljazeera.com...

We all know how President Trump feels about the launch so he put Rex Tillerson to work.

The rocket launch was the first since US President Donald Trump came to power and was seen as a challenge to the new American leader, who has promised a strong response. Trump has repeatedly criticised China for doing too little to help stop North Korea's nuclear programme. Rex Tillerson, US secretary of state, used his first meeting with Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on Friday to urge China "to use all available tools to moderate North Korea's destabilising behaviour".

I like this move by President Trump.

General Sun Tsu was Chinese.

In "The Art of War" he said: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

edit on 19/2/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

But,

China had traditionally ensured that UN Security Council resolutions on sanctions against North Korea included humanitarian exemptions, and had continued to buy huge amounts of North Korean coal - worth $101m in October alone.

Over all it is going to be about a billion dollars worth of sanctions and when your GDP is 15 billion that is a lot.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I tend to agree with you right now. He is doing a good job so far.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Well China is doing this only because their replacement Kim Jong Nam got taken out by North Korean agents. There is a growing rumor that China has plans to replace Baby Kim because they are losing their patience with his spoiled child act.

A lot of rumors going around. It does look like China is falling in step though, for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

You may be right, but now they are negotiating with a negotiator. I am looking forward to watching.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

General Sun Tsu was Chinese. In "The Art of War" he said: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

That book is on Trump's must read list. He uses it.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If I were to guesstimate the economical arena that comes from a Trump term, I'd bet that Trump is going to play China at those very tactics I explained prior. I feel he is going to gain Chinese public interest, by buying Chinese populace support by offering better opportunities and returns on any investment that could be made within their own borders of China. Once we get a set market share of Chinese finances in investment (not Chinese Government investment), it will create too much turmoil within the strong arm law of the Chinese government between politicians and citizens. The internet makes this possible, as Trump will strive to make Chinese citizens have more and easier access to American goods, that come with an added freedom of choice the Chinese government could not offer.

China for the unforeseeable future will be flip flopping positions back and forth... between its diplomatic relations with the World and it's own citizens as it is forced to include it's citizens share in the free market of the global trade scene.

Trump will not do anything new in terms of how it's done... it's always been American government policy to destabilize regions through ways that look like internal conflict. Each President picks their own tragets of interest to destabilize... the only thing that is new is that Trump is putting China to the test of fire where all President's before stroked China's ego.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Each President picks their own tragets of interest to destabilize... the only thing that is new is that Trump is putting China to the test of fire where all President's before stroked China's ego.

Very insightful. I wonder if this will have any different kind adverse effect that is different from any of the previous administrations?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ummmm,ummm...I'm a currency trader and this huge to me...I gotta tell ya...

Thanks op and all....I smell global friggin hope....in the first impulse here.....long usd/jpy, then.....right now

He's makin a big knock baby, big knock Trump
edit on 19-2-2017 by GBP/JPY because: We need a benevolent ....all knowing Holy king......to rule the whole place....

edit on 19-2-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Well, this opinions are coming from a 'what would I do' format. I would gladly forego my personal ambitions to achieve what the majority voted for. Maybe Trump takes the same approach... maybe he just wants to set up Trump empires throughout Asia and only Chinese government stands as a road block to that? Only time will tell.

My opinion, if Trump starts to push sanctions on China by year 3 then he is indicating that the U.S. has no interest in honoring the bought up American economy over the past decades by the Chinese government. China owns so much of the U.S. right now (or debt I should say) that China needs U.S. economy to stay afloat to keep its own interests in play. China will see sanctions if they do not allow the U.S. to enter their lands and have access to Chinese citizens wallets.

All this means, that China has no choice but to take the hand that the U.S. feeds them. China needs the USD to flow in to keep their factories open. We can very easily revoke property/assets within the U.S. from the Chinese government if they don't play along... the Chinese people don't own the U.S. debt, the government does.

Since most finances pass through Chinese government to get to it's citizens, all the U.S. has to do to keep the peace is demand a larger market share of the economy that they run. A smart politician would use the back door upon agreement and attach themselves to the Chinese citizens wallet directly... and eliminate the Chinese government influence.

It's a fire with fire approach... necessary when the entire global economy operates on debt based financial structure. If the Chinese did not operate with the blue prints they have and do, then I would not advise such an approach. But, China is indeed currency manipulators, and they are manifested within the U.S. too much.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I was thinking the same thing with Trumps view on coal jobs. Do you think it will raise the price for the US coal market?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Wow. So he grabbed China by the .......well you know? I guess it is time to invest in American coal markets.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If those tactics show any bit of success in terms of behind door legislation, the American small business owners that sell on a small level... on sites like Etsy, Ebay, Alibaba will see an influx of Chinese dollars spent on American items. If it continues to remain a one way pipeline of small market items, then the sanctions will begin to be issued.

Hey, I am not a good money maker... but maybe times offer reason that makes others money. If any of my words are making fellow members money, then I wish for a PM indicating where my input can be received in financial return as well... hahaha.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join