It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaming Immigrants and Poor People

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does this phrase sound familiar?

You might have seen this movie - The Big Short:

This phrase is uttered by 'Mark Baum' - warning that there is LANGUAGE in the clip.

Some may remember the financial sector causing the crash of 2007-2008; others might wrongly think that the government caused it. It wasn't government policies that caused bankers on Wall Street to bet against themselves, and it certainly wasn't the poor or the immigrants. Hell, they can make debt actually count as profit.

Yet, what do we see in the media and politics as of late - blame on Wall Street for continuing problems stemming from the economic crisis?
Nope, just more blaming the poor and the immigrants for everything under the sun:

This is Bill O'Reilly complaining about polarization by blaming mostly the poor - specifically, people not voting for Republicans in New York City, despite Donald Trump being a "hometown guy", because he claims a welfare state exists there where there are a lot of poor people - as if that automatically means they would vote Democrat. He also argues that we (the U.S.) will have to bail out the city due to welfare spending, which is funny, because New York (state) is not a 'taker' of Federal money, but a 'giver':

It is interesting when someone speaks the real reason for targeting certain groups:

This is Donald Trump a few years back laying it out, speaking before CPAC:

As conservative people, and as Republicans, when you let the 11 million - which will grow to 30 million - people in ... you won't get one vote; every one of those votes goes to Democrats

He says after that they have to do what's right despite this, but emphasizes that they won't get the votes and even makes a comment that immigrants are taking their jobs, and that they better be careful.

This is about power consolidation. Remember the "Big Short" from earlier?
The blame game is still happening - and Wall Street is wrapping its tentacles deeper around the U.S. government - just look at President Trumps actions so far:
Secretary of Treasury - Steve Mnuchin - former Goldman Sachs, stole money from the American people during the 2008 crash:

The investment firm put together a holding company in 2008 — attracting investors like J.C. Flowers, a George Soros investment fund and Paulson & Co. — that then bought up $32 billion worth of IndyMac bank assets for the cut-rate price of $13.9 billion. Renaming the bank OneWest, Mnuchin’s consortium invested $1.3 billion and got the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to assume responsibility for the majority of future losses. The FDIC lost an estimated $8.5 billion to $9.4 billion in the deal — while the holding company made money with the taxpayer-subsidized set-up.

Talking about "cutting a lot" of the Dodd-Frank Act:

“There’s nobody better to tell me about Dodd-Frank than Jamie,” Trump said, referring to 2010’s Dodd-Frank Act, the single most visible legislative consequence of the banking crisis, and also to J.P. Morgan’s CEO, Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon has been CEO of JP Morgan-Chase since 2006, and they profited quite a bit from the 2007/2008 crisis. Although, how nefarious that profit was was, for lack of a better word, bribed away:

Dimon has negotiated a tentative $13 billion deal to settle many of the U.S. investigations into mortgage bonds that JPMorgan - and the banks it bought during the financial crisis - sold to investors.

There's more to the overall story (more Wall Street insiders, for example), but I'm unfortunately running short on time at this juncture.
edit on 12Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:57:58 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks you good sir or mam for being the voice of reason in a sea of noise.

I wish i could star and flag you a million times.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

We are responsible for our own decisions.

Do not try to make excuses for fools.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You really need to reread your post! There are so many holes in your logic and how you presented it, I really don't have the time nor want to put in the effort as to how mislead and wrong you are in your emotional response!

For instance, you say immigrants, which immediately raises a red flag of "illegal or legal"! There is a difference, and I am sure those immigrants who came here legally that they will side with me over you and your deceptive emotionally based and biased post!

That's just a start! Care to refine you post into something based more upon facts versus feelings?

edit on 19-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Is that what the Bill O'Reilly show is really like? Apologies, I don't watch a whole lot of tv. I've heard it was bad but damn.

Poor people are an easy scapegoat and the most ironic part of it all: The people complaining about poor people 'stealing their tax money' are usually poor themselves.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe they were betting for a collapse because it was obvious, and Democrats refused to fix it.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

We are responsible for our own decisions.

Do not try to make excuses for fools.

Who are you referring to?

originally posted by: seeker1963
For instance, you say immigrants, which immediately raises a red flag of "illegal or legal"! There is a difference, and I am sure those immigrants who came here legally that they will side with me over you and your deceptive emotionally based and biased post!

The distinction was not made between 'illegal' or 'legal' immigrant anywhere - not in any clip.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Maybe they were betting for a collapse because it was obvious, and Democrats refused to fix it.

It wasn't that obvious, though. Very few people figured out the piles of garbage that had been spread out across the global economy prior to the beginning of the collapse. Some (the two bankers President Trump has been involved with, for example) were able to take advantage after the collapse.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The FDIC lost an estimated $8.5 billion to $9.4 billion in the deal — while the holding company made money with the taxpayer-subsidized set-up.

Rich business people are constantly defrauding the people and the government. They benefit far more from government than the rest of us ever will, but then they want to take away even the minimal things poor people do have like medicare, social security and minimum wage.

Rich business people are the biggest threat to the rest of us on this earth- more than muslims, more than climate change, more than anything else.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You are attempting to make the groups the you mentioned appear as if they aren't intelligent enough or something-just so that they won't be seen as capable of being held responsible for THEIR OWN CHOICES.

You are trying to make them look like "victims" for choosing to break the law.

That is what is wrong with our (U.S.) educational system.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You are attempting to make the groups the you mentioned appear as if they aren't intelligent enough or something-just so that they won't be seen as capable of being held responsible for THEIR OWN CHOICES.

You are trying to make them look like "victims" for choosing to break the law.

That is what is wrong with our (U.S.) educational system.

Again, who are you talking about? I mention a number of different parties.

Who is 'them' and who is 'breaking the law' here? Whose choices?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think politicians has to take some of the blame, the notion that bankers are greedy is like saying water is wet. Politicians didn't exactly put things into place to stop that, in fact they put in a variety of measures giving the banks more control.

Clinton's repeal of the Glass Steagall Act separated commercial and investment banks, and was created after the original great financial crash in an attempt to curb over-zealous investments by bank. Its repeal paved the way for the super-banks (too big to fail) we have today.

Thatcher's and Labour's de-regulation of financial markets probably didn't help either.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Today's U.S. welfare system recipients (more than a few,lol) are angry greedy fat lummoxeses that have absolutely no morals and try to destroy ANYTHING that even hints at personal responsibility.(and they pass it to their children)

Time's up!
edit on 19-2-2017 by angryproctologist because: oops

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The them would be illegal immigrants.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Every group that you mentioned.

By blanketing in your op-you open your op to blanketing.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
While people play in the sun all day, work Mexican work.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Tsubaki

Today's U.S. welfare system recipients (more than a few,lol) are angry greedy fat lummoxeses that have absolutely no morals and try to destroy ANYTHING that even hints at personal responsibility.(and they pass it to their children)

Time's up!

From this I can presume the answer to my previous question is 'poor and immigrants.'
A) Immigrants include legal immigrants.
B) Poor include those who are poor through no fault of their own.
C) Neither of these had much to do with the 2007-2008 crisis.

I would agree with your statement if you, by 'welfare' meant 'big banks' - but clearly you do not. Perhaps you are unaware of that welfare:

Most people think that the big bank bailout was the $700 billion that the treasury department used to save the banks during the financial crash in September of 2008. But this is a long way from the truth because the bailout is still ongoing. The Special Inspector General for TARP summary of the bailout says that the total commitment of government is $16.8 trillion dollars with the $4.6 trillion already paid out.

Was it not their fault?
edit on 13Sun, 19 Feb 2017 13:34:04 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The them would be illegal immigrants.

The problem is, "immigrants" means both legal and illegal. By everyone who talked about it, including Donald and Bill.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Who is pissed at legal immigrants?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Donald said 11 million, you think there are 11 million legal and illegal immigrants?

Hint: That's the ILLEGAL number.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join