It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - MSNBC - NYT Should be Officially Charged as TRAITORS to the United States of America.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: 200Plus

If lies are published, the President can sue for libel.

Easy-peasy.

From your source -

While this standard may seem clear, it has proven to be anything but in practice. For one thing, the phrase “actual malice” is a misnomer. It has nothing to do with the traditional “malice”-hatred, spite, ill will or improper motive. A reporter can hate the subject of his or her story and write it hoping to cause hurt; but if the story is true, or if the story is false but the reporter thought it was true or tried his or her best to make certain it was true, there is no “actual malice.” In order for a plaintiff to prove “actual malice,” the plaintiff must prove by “clear and convincing evidence”
(not just the usual “preponderance of evidence”) that the defendant either knew that the statement was false or, in fact, entertained serious doubts about its truth, or that the source on which the reporter relied was inherently unreliable. This is a very difficult standard to meet.

Not as easy-peasy as you make it out to be. But you knew that already.
edit on 19-2-2017 by 200Plus because: fixed quote

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I go to sleep and wake up to this horse sht?

Are you freaking serious?

Well, it looks like i was wrong all these years, it looks like the left WERE completely right about us all along!

Looks like I owe my leftist friends an apology, Im sorry, you were right.....the right are closet fascists just waiting for an opportunity......Im sorry that I thought I was different being a conservative......

But make no mistakes, OP , and people on this thread that agree.....

Myself and others like my will not be standing with you when you decide to start taking it to the next level, we will stand with those on the left who oppose you, and every single principle and value that you turned your back on......

Youre disgraceful.........and our founders would be ashamed of you.......
edit on 2/19/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

If lies are published, the President can sue for libel.

Easy-peasy.

From your source -

While this standard may seem clear, it has proven to be anything but in practice. For one thing, the phrase “actual malice” is a misnomer. It has nothing to do with the traditional “malice”-hatred, spite, ill will or improper motive. A reporter can hate the subject of his or her story and write it hoping to cause hurt; but if the story is true, or if the story is false but the reporter thought it was true or tried his or her best to make certain it was true, there is no “actual malice.” In order for a plaintiff to prove “actual malice,” the plaintiff must prove by “clear and convincing evidence”
(not just the usual “preponderance of evidence”) that the defendant either knew that the statement was false or, in fact, entertained serious doubts about its truth, or that the source on which the reporter relied was inherently
unreliable. This is a very difficult standard to meet.

Not as easy-peasy as you make it out to be. But you knew that already.

If you think it's "not easy-peasy" to prove a libel case, you should see how "not easy-peasy" it would be to win a treason case for the same thing

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ha! That was my reaction when I saw this thread first.

"Do you want the left to call you Nazis? Because this is how you get the left to call you Nazis. And the center. And anybody else on the right but that isn't nuts deep in Trump, for that matter."

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I have no doubt that treason will never be prosecuted in this country. At least not against politicians and the media.

For the record, I don't see the media being treasonous. I do however see them being seditious on a daily basis.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It's not a matter of conservatism, MBTM ... it's a matter of core authoritarianism.

You're just seeing it become a bit more blatant than it's been.

This crap has NOTHING to do with conservatism, conservatives respect the Constitution and the rule of law.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I mean...I blame you for everything. You're a Mason. I just don't stay mad at you for it.

I wish I knew how to quit you

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Can't hurt to try could it?

I mean, at least the evidence would be laid out for all to see ... Mr. Trump could demonstrate under the rules of evidence his case for the pernicious (and apparently dangerous and treasonous) lies that are told on him ...

... unless you don't think that would hold up ...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Funny...no one is talking about that lol. Must be one of those trump military secrets.

Let's talk like a robot for a few minutes.
I will bomb Mosul in four months Move disjointed like a machine.
I will bomb Mosul.

This guy's such a joke. Jesus.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I mean...I blame you for everything. You're a Mason. I just don't stay mad at you for it.

I sadly left us out of my earlier list, it is mostly our fault that people don't like Trump. When we used our MK-Ultra mind control techniques on him he kind of short circuited and now only speaks in 144 character platitudes.

I wish I knew how to quit you

Antibiotics.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You must have a pretty broad interpretation of what sedition is, then.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Ha! That was my reaction when I saw this thread first.

"Do you want the left to call you Nazis? Because this is how you get the left to call you Nazis. And the center. And anybody else on the right but that isn't nuts deep in Trump, for that matter."

Exactly and I cant believe what im reading..........except I guess I kind of can....its now become a cult.....

You dont silence people, you dont silence the news, you dont declare them enemies of the state, you dont make people the boggyman......

You FIGHT IT with Truth, objectivity and the legal channels.......The Trump administration isnt even doing that, they are EVERY SINGLE DAY spewing their own lies and then pointing the finger at the media.......

If were going after liars, then they should be up right after the media!

Effing people on the right need to get their damn heads straight.........this is NOT what we stand for, this is NOT what our founders stood for.......

They didnt fight and die for freedoms like freedom of speech and the press, to have people come along and put damn CONDITIONS on it just because they dont like whats being said.....

You fight corruption with the rule of LAW....not making them a targeted by the damn governing body.......

Jesus....

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It's not a matter of conservatism, MBTM ... it's a matter of core authoritarianism.

You're just seeing it become a bit more blatant than it's been.

This crap has NOTHING to do with conservatism, conservatives respect the Constitution and the rule of law.

Agreed, but I am still ashamed........

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Then again maybe they no longer need the advertising revenue, its highly possible that they are being funded by the shadow gov to keep spouting their nonsense

I've felt this way for years. Ratings don't seem a to be a big deal to the left-leaning networks. You would think that with the phenomenal success of Fox News year after year, more of them would move to the right, but that's not happening.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

No reason to be if I may be so bold.

If I may draw from my recent experiences ... we all get caught up in the us/them paradigm. It's been administered to us since we were kids by every vector imaginable.

There's a horrible price to pay for anything resembling objectivity ... hard to BELIEVE in anything, anymore.

Besides, those of us in "the nameless middle" welcome you.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

And what amazes me is idiots starred the OP.....

I alway wondered how people could been dumb enough to support tyranny.....and now I can see it happening!
It startes with idiots.
edit on 19-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It's always interesting to witness history, isn't it?

What kind of history it is, is up for debate.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Oh he's headed for impeachment if he doesn't change his tune pretty quick. It's already getting far down that road and it's only been a month.

And serious questions about his mental health are coming up too.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That meme is epic, haha. Great actor though. He killed it in Last King of Scotland.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Trump --- and anyone who works in and for the government --- swears an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution. He is perilously close to breaking that oath and may already have crossed the line. In any case, it's only a matter of time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join