It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - MSNBC - NYT Should be Officially Charged as TRAITORS to the United States of America.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No they are rampant with trump.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Are you secretly Nancy Pelosi?

There is little reason to get news from network television in this day and age. The phones have the weather, the sites have the news.

When I do watch the news, it has to be a story that can't be spun.. such as natural disasters.

People that get all of their news from network television usually have their minds blown just when I show them ATS.... And this is probably the most vanilla place I frequent.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Why don't you set that up?

LOL.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I could be. I'm a woman I'm a democrat and I'm rich.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Jesus Christ. It's got to the point that people are now wanting to declare news outlets as traitorous and limit free speech? This is insane. Yes, those news outlets are biased, but if you don't like them, don't consume them.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Drama much?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
IMO, President Trump should go further than merely labeling many of our U.S. media outlets as "Fake News" producers. He should stress the damage and death that (in particular), CNN, MSNBC, and the New York Times, could bring to our nation.
Example: The NYT has a story comparing the President of the United States with some goofy character out of the movie Caddy Shack.

That's an excellent example I must say of an idiot, who as President is holding open house at a golf-course which he happens to own..well somebody owns. As it happens a deal of the media didn't miss the crazyiness either.
Trump needs a good kick in the nuts to remind him of the gravity of his position as it is now.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I could be. I'm a woman I'm a democrat and I'm rich.

Well, that's all it takes to "procure" a Democratic presidential nomination....

At least you have that going for you.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Hitler had a term for it

"Lügenpresse" or lying press

a pejorative political term used largely by German political movements for the printed press and the mass media at large, when it is believed not to have the quest for truth at the heart of its coverage

Ushered in a whole regime didn't it? My husband has been saying that for months. He's like Hitler. Whom the German people loved....

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Partisan politics has always been about manipulating and controlling public opinion, in more recent times it has infiltrated and taken over many major media outlets in this country. So much so that it's virtually all political biased propaganda, and news with strong partisan political spin and opinion injected.

No matter which side you're on, or which herd you follow it should be sickening and insulting to anyone who has ever had an independent thought on any issue.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Maybe its time for Trumpkins to start writing notes to the companies advertising on CNN to let them know that they are a very fake news source that has gone full propaganda ...If they choose to continue propping them up with their add revenues then personally boycotting would only seem appropriate ...

A company's name is its brand ..It can go from excellent to good to bad to very bad for a number of reasons but the adds are the main point of public's perception ....

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Isn't it odd that the only "fake news" regards Mr. Trump and his Administration?

I mean, you'd think that "fake news' outlets would find more interesting things to talk about.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And you wonder why people call people like you Nazis?

Take out your strawman argument about "costing American lives!!!!@1121!!" for a moment, and what you have is

degrading and belittling our President,
. In other words, you're proposing to label the media traitors over words. Words that you disagree with, opinions you disagree with, and opinions that hurt your feelings. And yea, it's pretty obvious that your feelings are hurt about this, otherwise you wouldn't be advocating some Nazi-level control of the media.

Do you know what treason is? I do, and the US Code doesn't say one word about "saying things about the President that aren't nice."

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
That's the US Code definition of treason. Do you see anything about unkind words? I don't. At the absolute best you might be able to spin "unkind words" into encouragement of "the enemy" but you'd get your ass handed to you by any attorney two years out of law school.

How about sedition, any idea what that is?

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.
Oooo, yet again nothing about "unkind words." Damn.

Was it seditious and treasonous when the media blasted Obama for bowing to foreign heads of state? Or was that different because Obama wasn't your guy and Trump is?

You want a state controlled, or "state approved" media. That's some straight up Nazi bullsnip right there, homie. "Print nice things about the President or else." Yet you'll have the audacity to pretend it's not and continue to blast rioters as Nazis because they don't want to hear what Milo has to say.

You can try cloak yourself in the mantle of "American lives!!!112121122!@!!!" all you want but it doesn't change the reality of what your butthurt little self is actually pushing for.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: the Nazis tried to control my typing

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Make it rain, playa! lol

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Sincerely, thank you for that link. It actually displayed just how much the "Press" is protected. I didn't know they were allowed to publish falsehoods and the word "malice" had to be rewritten to allow the press rights.

This part really stands out:

The lesson to be learned from this brief exposition of press law is that nothing is certain or ever will be about the subject. Given the longstanding view that the First Amendment is not an absolute, the degree to which restrictions and restraints and sanctions concerning access, publication, liability and disclosure will be imposed upon members of the press will always be subject to uncertainty.

a reply to: Sillyolme

A degree in criminology and/or homeland security qualifies the individual the right to carry a weapon where/when they choose? No, a degree simply says an individual has finished school. Not that they are qualified to do a task.

A weapons ban? Who chooses the weapons?

A whole lot of good a firearm will do locked in a safe, unloaded/disassembled, with trigger locks will do. Not in public? Really?

A license? People have to register their firearms. Does that count?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I agree 100% But that's why he's going to remind us daily that he won. Lol.
He's still running his campaign. Maybe one day soon he will settle down and actually govern.
Do something to actually bring those jobs back and raise wages. Ya know ...the things he promised .
I'm not hopeful given the lies he tells but it would be nice if he threw those of us who didn't vote for him but are Americans none the less a bone and did something, anything that was normal and good oh and legal.

link   
a reply to: 200Plus

There are limits on every right, those in the First, Second, etc. You seemed to suggest that there were no limitations on the freedom of the press; you were mistaken.

link   

There are limits on every right, those in the First, Second, etc. You seemed to suggest that there were no limitations on the freedom of the press; you were mistaken.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You're very confused.

I didn't say anything about weapons.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join