It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - MSNBC - NYT Should be Officially Charged as TRAITORS to the United States of America.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: PistolPete

So......
there's either allow treasonous traitors to control the dialog of our people, and subvert it into perpetual global war mongering, that or hardcore authoritarianism, in your view?

How is someone writing an opinion piece comparing him to a character in Caddyshack treasonous?!? We've been global warmongering for a long time now - but just now we need to start punishing journalists because they insult Donald Trump?

Chadwickus just pointed out the Sweden attack nonsense Trump said today. When he lies and makes stuff up it's okay apparently.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

How does your characterization even begin to properly put into perspective what the MSM is and what it is responsible for?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed and certainly weakens the image of the country.

Nothing weakens the image of the USA more than people wanting to criminalize opposing political view and satire.

You want to see traitors of the country...check out the mirror.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete
How is someone writing an opinion piece comparing him to a character in Caddyshack treasonous?!? We've been global warmongering for a long time now - but just now we need to start punishing journalists because they insult Donald Trump?

One cannot simply insult dear leader and live.
Release the hounds!

I suspect a lot of neocons would love living in North Korea..nice pure news networks..not all this "fake news" what with different views..

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

How does your characterization even begin to properly put into perspective what the MSM is and what it is responsible for?

I was using the example given in the OP.

As I only skimmed your thread (good work, btw) I took the thrust of it to be that the media has been directing the American narrative over the last few decades - and I agree.

But what's being suggested here is a bit much. Who would decide what's treasonous journalism? How would you implement whatever is being suggested here? I notice Fox News is always left out of this discussion - they pushed us into Iraq as hard as anyone (warmongering) but yet they get a pass here. That's the point - speech we don't like is subjective to our own personal beliefs.

The President himself is constantly lying to us about terrorism - Bowling Green Massacre, the attack in Sweden. That's bad too.

The attack in Sweden was something he saw on Tucker Carlson last night:

Mediaite
But things would take an especially head-scratching turn when Trump would make reference to an incident “last night in Sweden.” A quick Google search turns up a whopping zero results for any combination of the search words “incident,” “attack,” Sweden,” and “February 18.” What Trump seems to be referencing is actually a segment that aired last night on Tucker Carlson about a documentarian and the film he made regarding immigration in Sweden. (If we’re splitting hairs, the interview actually took place earlier this week but the segment only aired last night. But there’s no need to nitpick.)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

But redefining the Eglish language in the dogmatic pursuits of a pushing a cultish Identity Political agenda, and (as is inevitable with such a campaign) goon squads hit the streets committing open hate crime atrocities (following the assertion that anyone who opposes their ideology is a "racist" "xenophobe"), that's how you impress the international stage, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh turn it up.

Take the blinders off ffs!

You're getting lied to from all angles and can't even see it.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Fake news like an apparent terrorist attack in Sweden last night huh?

This partisan crap is an absolute joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

You're getting lied to from all angles and can't even see it.

Curious... did you constantly espouse that perspective with Obama and Hillary and the DNC (ever)?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: carewemust

U.S.A. ATS Members...Do you agree that degrading and belittling our President, weakens the image of the country, which can lead to deaths of American citizens here at home, and abroad?

As an AUS member of ATS i agree that this behavior is very divisive and dangerous, and certainly weakens the image of the country.

I for my part and being European can just say that the hilarious behaviour of Trump himself weakens him. At least among the people I know. Nobody can take him serious, despite the seriousness of his charge. It is not even about political views, which I and others in part share. It is the person.

And in reality I can only asume that Trump has a similar concept about himself. If not he wouldn't be begging for acceptance and respect all the time. He would just receive it

You know he is live on TV every day, you can check his thinking and mindset for yourself on Twitter around the clock. If there is one thing dangerous it is Trump in itself and the way he is acting. Not fake news or even very fake news. Good look with all your desires to behead your own free world....

but remember, history tells us, that once you have taken away privileges such as free speech, it is not that you can just get it back as you please by turning on a light switch. Just my humble opinion

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
So let me understand this. CNN, NYTs, WaPo NBC, CBS are all traitors, but the guy sitting in the office of the president and on the NSC calling the media the 'opposition party' is not?

What constitution are you reading?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed and certainly weakens the image of the country.

Nothing weakens the image of the USA more than people wanting to criminalize opposing political view and satire.

I would love to know how you came to that conclusion, how exactly is my opinion traitorous, that the image of the U.S is weakened by the Trump hate bandwagon ?

How does that make me a traitor to "your" country ?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm just following the trends on ATS, and replying in kind.

I've been battling fake news for close to 10 years here, It's your lot suddenly all up in arms over it.

The likes of infowars and natural news have been getting a a free pass for years.

Why now are you so concerned with fake news??

Wait, wait, sorry, why now are you so concerned with left wing fake news??

Because there's no such thing as right wing fake news, huh.

That's BS.

edit on 19/2/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

You guys dont seem to realize, the motivations of my efforts are driven by finally exposing the Two Party + MSM System for what they are (NOT in pro-Trump showboating). I've waited my 'entire' adult life for this, and will admit this is the majority of the reason I do like Trump.

Individuals lie to everyone including (especially) themselves. So nitpicking over such details of one temporary dude in this grand scheme, yeah one could always have fun playing at that. The Big Issue of our entire lives however is these wicked institutions that dominate us all just the same. And it all starts in the mind, and that shifts the focus onto our MSM. Like we depend on our doctors to keep us alive, we depend on our media to keep our political system honest (which tends to mean keeping BLOOD off all of our hands). Instead they cheerlead all of the sorts of evil that screws us all.
edit on 19-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

But redefining the Eglish language in the dogmatic pursuits of a pushing a cultish Identity Political agenda, and (as is inevitable with such a campaign) goon squads hit the streets committing open hate crime atrocities (following the assertion that anyone who opposes their ideology is a "racist" "xenophobe"), that's how you impress the international stage, right?

You counter it with facts..if facts cant counter it, then maybe they are right.

Welcome to a debate, in MY country you dont criminalize people who hurt your feefees. get over it snowflake and make a stronger argument..expose the toxic speech for what it is, but once you start wanting cuffs on people for words, you are speaking the words of a enemy of the state..a traitor.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You guys dont seem to realize, the motivations of my efforts are driven by finally exposing the Two Party + MSM System for what they are (NOT in pro-Trump showboating). I've waited my 'entire' adult life for this, and will admit this is the majority of the reason I like Trump.

Individuals lie to everyone including (especially) themselves. So nitpicking over such details of one temporary dude in this grand scheme, yeah one could always have fun playing at that. The Big Issue of our entire lives however is these wicked institutions that dominate us all just the same. And it all starts in the mind, and that shifts the focus onto our MSM. Like we depend on our doctors to keep us alive, we depend on our media to keep our political system honest (which tends to mean keeping BLOOD off all of our hands). Instead they cheerlead all of the sorts of evil that screws us all.

Can a mod please applaud this?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: muse7
So you're advocating media censorship and punishment?

So much for freedom of the press eh? Which other amendments would you like to see gone?

Are sacrificing American Lives worth giving the press total freedom? If yes... how many?

I will ask again.

Which other amendment would you like to see gone? If we're talking about putting American lives at risk, then each year guns take the life of thousands of Americans.

Perhaps you'd like to start with that one.
edit on 19-2-2017 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I would love to know how you came to that conclusion, how exactly is my opinion traitorous, that the image of the U.S is weakened by the Trump hate bandwagon ?

How does that make me a traitor to "your" country ?

The first amendment is protected by the second amendment.
people wanting to legally silence criticism needs to be converted into pink mist.

I was opposed to it when progressives were yapping about shutting down talk radio critical of Obama, and same with Trump..traitor talk.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

How are you even Texan?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join