It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - MSNBC - NYT Should be Officially Charged as TRAITORS to the United States of America.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I look at this diatribe, and I see the support that it has and while I am tempted to say a few paragraphs about the path of tyranny and the historical record, the importance of freedom of the press (even muckrakers), and even a little about the First Amendment, and finally, a few snarky sentences about hypocrisy, "snowflakes" and psychological projection, I realize two things: 1. This ground is so well trodden it is stamped down to dust. 2. People with no self awareness can't be taught.

So instead, I can only sit back in horror and watch these events unfold, pretty much just as anyone with a modicum of an understanding of history and human behavior could see that they would.

For the record Carewemust, you and anyone who agrees with you either do not understand or stand against the principles this country was founded upon. So keep drawing your little lines in the dust with this bellicose, butthurt, idiocy; we'll see where it all lands when that dust settles in the end I guess. I do think you don't quite understand the horror of what your little drops in the bucket may lead to however.

All of this, just makes me resigned and sad though.

edit on 22-2-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I'm sorry that you're so against having CNN punished for treason, Redhorse. But there's hope that the network may destroy itself, before the Government can force a change.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You should be apologizing for having legitimately Nazi beliefs, not some ass backwards "apology" bandied about in an effort to smear snark on somebody.

You should be apologizing for having such a Nazi view of what treason is.

You should be apologizing for having such a Nazi view of how casually the Bill of Rights should be (in your feeble mind) trampled on.

You should be apologizing for having such a Nazi view on dissent that you can espouse stamping it out entirely.

But then you'd have to apologize for being the vile creature you've outed yourself as being, and of course you can't do that.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Omg are you serious? Is that what they were really saying?
Did you exaggerate at all? Because that's messed up stuff.

And looking at the responses in here after your post, I am wondering how no one recognizes that this is crazy!!

Answer your own first question before moving on to your assumption. Just my 2 cents on navigating the real world.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Love your posts Shamrock6. In the O.P., I asked for opinions, and you haven't been shy about providing yours. Thank-you!

On a note related to this thread, it appears that the most Anti-American propaganda machine in the country, is about to be exposed and embarrassed in a big way.

Here's the ongoing ATS discussion regarding a potential James O'Keefe sting of CNN.
Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If true, more evidence will then be on the table for declaring CNN an insider threat to the safety of Americans.

-cwm

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You do recall that Mr. O'Keefe has been repeatedly shown to falsify and misrepresent the subjects of his videos, yes?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: redhorse

I'm sorry that you're so against having CNN punished for treason, Redhorse. But there's hope that the network may destroy itself, before the Government can force a change.

Can you provide us a concrete example of the treason CNN has committed?

And by that I'm not speaking of your interpretation of what they're doing ... I want you to quote the treasonous act.

If not, I ask that you abide by ATS rules and stop posting things you know are simply not true.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Please note: To prove libel or defamation in a U.S. Court you must:

1) prove that the defendant made a false and defamatory statement concerning the plaintiff.
2) prove that the defendant made an unprivileged publication to a third party.
3) prove that the publisher acted at least negligently in publishing the communication.
4) prove special damages (in most cases).

There is one other consideration: are you a public or private person?

If you are a private person, you'll have an easier time bringing a suit against a media company for libel or defamation.

If you are a public person, you will have to demonstrate (prove) actual malice.

(There are good arguments made that virtually no one is a private person, these days)

There is 70+ years or precedent behind these standards.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'm never shy about calling out folks who would happily abuse and usurp the rights of others.

You should give it a shot sometime.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Thank you.

I think I argued all of those points and even proved several special damages and that it was indeed quite malicious.

We'll see how it turns out soon!

Muzzleflash v Big Media
Sounds crazy huh?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Oh and besides Libel I'm nailing them on False light representation and even evidence of an extremely negligent privacy invasion.

They told the world how much money I have, where I lived, it's insane how unprofessional and recklessly negligent they acted without even recognizing it. They didn't even do the most basic fact check before they started labelling me.

Even the most minimum journalistic standards were ignored callously.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I'm never shy about calling out folks who would happily abuse and usurp the rights of others.

LOL...that's the subject of this/my thread, Shamrock6! CNN-NYT-MSNBC happily abusing their influence, to endanger U.S. citizens, by fanning chaos.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: namelesss

This quote below is part of your post i replied to, nothing in this quote is real its in your head

Just on your say so, Dr. Aristotle Freud?
I think that our discussion is finished.
Take it elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Judging by the way you keep repeating the word "Nazi" as an adjective, you have no idea what the word actually means. Let me help you out. The Nazis believed that the State was more important than the individual, and that the State was subservient to a supreme Leader. Thus, when the press published facts that made the Leader look bad, the Leader would accuse the press of treason. Fortunately, we live in a society where the head of state would never accuse the press of treason. If one ever did, he would be impeached.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Good luck! I wouldn't wish that kind of headache on anyone, but having seen how the wind is blowing, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in how you make out here.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So...kind of exactly like what the OP suggests should happen then? Press makes the leader look bad, it's treason?

You'll notice I never said Trump is a nazi. I said the OP is espousing nazi beliefs. Which you've eloquently demonstrated is exactly what the OP is doing.

Thabks for helping though. Perhaps next time you should help yourself and pay attention to what's said, not what you think is said.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Sorry, I did not read the post you were responding to. I quite agree. It's just that people have been brainwashed into thinking that liberal = Nazi. Yes, the OP is espousing totalitarian measures.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Absolutely agree. That's the problem with calling everybody a nazi over every last little thing.

In a case like this, when it's completely warranted to invoke nazis, everybody almost automatically raises an eyebrow. An actual nazi shows up spouting their crap and everybody is almost too shocked to react properly to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Bill Maher got it right when he said Trump is not Hitler...he is a mental patient who thinks he is Hitler..

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Shamrock6

LOL...that's the subject of this/my thread, Shamrock6! CNN-NYT-MSNBC happily abusing their influence, to endanger U.S. citizens, by fanning chaos.

No, the subject of your thread is you playing the 'think of the children' card in an effort to paint the media that says things you don't like as traitors.

You can lulz all you want, you've already shown your true colors buddy. You won't respond to anything outside a very narrow scope of comments, avoid questions, and spin spin spin what little you do say to suit your agenda.

No amount of lulz on your part is going to change that. Kinda like how homefry in Inglorious Basterds got himself branded so everybody would know what he was the rest of his days, now we know what you are.

Lulz.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join