It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - MSNBC - NYT Should be Officially Charged as TRAITORS to the United States of America.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: greenman4

Trump should take your advice..you know..the "fact's" thing.
That is the hypocricy..he is just as bad and worse being in the position he is.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Holy #...How old are you?

I think they must have stopped teaching civics in HS?

WTF is wrong with you?

I don't give a crap if you or me or Donald Duck doesn't like the news..

We have freedom of the press...Don't like it? Move to Russia...where Putin HAS arrested, jailed and murdered journalists..

Can't believe folks actually starred and flagged this...If this is the new right wing, then it is an outright facist party and soon to face serious blowback from people that still know American History...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Holy #...How old are you?

I think they must have stopped teaching civics in HS?

WTF is wrong with you?

I don't give a crap if you or me or Donald Duck doesn't like the news..

We have freedom of the press...Don't like it? Move to Russia...where Putin HAS arrested, jailed and murdered journalists..

Can't believe folks actually starred and flagged this...If this is the new right wing, then it is an outright facist party and soon to face serious blowback from people that still know American History...

sigh....yeah.
I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that we have lots of members who have no idea what they are talking about.

From an anthropological stance, it's astounding.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The question is why are only liberal news outlets being singled out here in this thread. Throw in Fox news and talk radio too, yes? They all lie to us, so why only focus on one side? Do tell.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yup. And I'm so happy that Megyn Kelly jumped ship. She is truly a boon now....I have lots of respect for her.

It was so sad how relegated to anti-feminist crap she was.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I asked for opinions and I thank you for yours. Duly noted.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
The question is why are only liberal news outlets being singled out here in this thread. Throw in Fox news and talk radio too, yes? They all lie to us, so why only focus on one side? Do tell.

Because those are the three that President Trump has singled out as being particularly dangerous and millions of Americans agree with him.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Have you ever wondered if your Mudpit threads (or any others) will be examined by authorities?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

No. Just, no.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Because those are the three that President Trump has singled out as being particularly dangerous and millions of Americans agree with him.

Dangerous? LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump is "particularly dangerous" and MANY Millions of Americans think so...

That said...One fat slug in the spot light has lured other previously unbeknownst slugs to emerge from beneath rocks..

There is virtue to having an open census on the topic of whether the USA should become a 3rd world dictatorship.

Best to see folks being honest in their rhetoric than deal with the insane and fake accusations leveled at Democrats the past 8 years...

I always wondered what lurked beneath the never ending BS...It was a dislike of Democracy..

edit on 21-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I find these discussions fascinating.

I usually think I'm really open minded and flexible but I just cannot seem to wrap my head around a lot of these points of view.

I keep thinking these arguments are simple minded and lack a lot of important context.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I'm actually fighting a huge lawsuit against two very large mass media companies right now, and I've got a very solid legitimate case. I'm in the opening salvos though so we'll see where it goes. I'm doing it pro se as well, not by choice.

In a few months I'll know how it will turn out most likely.

You know, that's one thing people aren't doing enough - taking these media conglomerates to court and making them face the music. That's where a lot of things can be resolved.

I think if people held their feet to the fire more often than they'd be a lot more responsible. It's not easy, you gotta use all of your wits to battle law firms and have any chance. I'm not suggesting everyone should do this - but if you can show they damaged you by their actions than you might have a claim.

If you're really brilliant and creative you can create new case law precedents and even open up new areas of litigation. Everything started somewhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

When a U.S. Media outlet spends more than half of the day, or uses most of the daily front pages, criticizing the President of the United States

That's one of the jobs of the free press.

The reason they can do this, and why they are not traitors, is because of the First Amendment, which seeks to hold the powerful accountable. Under a controlled press, or unfree press, criticizing the president would be considered treason and subject to punishment (which it seems like Trump wants); hence the reason we have the first amendment and a free press to protect against the government.

Is this OP for real or just bait?

ATS Members...Do you agree that degrading and belittling our President, weakens the image of the country

No, it makes our democracy stronger.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The news is mostly scripted and fake. It's nothing more than propaganda being perpetrated on the American people by a handful of anti-American globalist corporate interests. From the Gulf War, to 9/11, to the Iraq War, to the situation in Syria (and on and on)- it's all a lie, a twisted version of reality, meant to manipulate public opinion. This has nothing to do with Trump, long before Trump ever got into the Presidential race, the news media has been a total farce, it's a scam being inflicted upon the American people.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here's the deal, the Media has to be responsible and professional. They can't just fabricate gibberish and promote havoc without consequences.

For example Defamation laws, if they say something substantially and factually untrue and damage someone as a result, they are responsible and could owe compensation. If they are especially malicious about it, that is, knowing they are promoting something untrue or recklessly ignoring the truth, than they could also face punitive damages too.

Freedom of speech has limits.
I can't just go around saying you're an alcoholic and that you cheat on your spouse with teenagers and destroy your reputation without putting myself into significant jeopardy for severe legal consequences.

Sure you can yell "Fire" in an empty theater or even a theater full of people when a fire is really there, but if you shout it in a theater full of people when there is no fire and people stampede and someone get's hurt or you hurt the business? You're liable for what you say.

You can't just say whatever you want and get away with it.
Especially if you are being hateful and vindictive, you're on very thin ice so think twice about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

The news is mostly scripted and fake.

Correction. Punditry is not news because it's largely opinion under the guise of "news". Alas, that's what most people consider and count as "news," when it's not. It just seeks to fill the waves and keep people occupied.

News is news.
edit on 21-2-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

ATS Members...Do you agree that degrading and belittling our President, weakens the image of the country

No, it makes our democracy stronger.

Read my posts above first then read this reply.

One guy asks if talking negative about the President weakens the nation.
Another guy replies no it makes us stronger.

That's why I said this is a simple minded out of context debate. It's replete with examples like this.

In what context? If the media works together to promote substantially untrue and factually incorrect information knowingly to attack the rightfully elected official, it's unlawful and should be prosecuted.

If that information they are disseminating is true and factual? Than they are doing their jobs correctly and should not be touched.

Public officials have a much harder time proving defamation because of this, and they actually have to prove "malice" was the intent. Simply being untrue isn't good enough for someone like the President.

That's a major issue currently. Examples are that when Obama and now with Trump in office, both of them were subject to malicious untrue claims - and I find it very interesting that they ignore them and don't really pursue litigation. I think the advisers behind the office have a tradition of just ignoring all the petty partisan mudslinging and bickering at least in terms of prosecuting it.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Here's the deal, the Media has to be responsible and professional. They can't just fabricate gibberish and promote havoc without consequences.

Are you referring to Trump's average rally or press conference...or are you referring to his preferred media outlets of Infowars and Briebart?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join