It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - MSNBC - NYT Should be Officially Charged as TRAITORS to the United States of America.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In Russia there is order but no freedom. In America there is freedom but no order. There is a trade off. You can have order but no freedom. Or you can have freedom but no order. You can't have both.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Flatfish

The Anti-Trump/Anti-American Obsession that CNN displays for 18-20 hours a day, is far more dangerous than their fake, drummed-up news. The point of this thread is that CNN increases the odds that America will be attacked..or drawn into battle, against another nation.

The news media is NOT the enemy of the American people and I seriously doubt that America will suffer any future attacks or be drawn into any foreign battles because of their reporting.

Truth be told, the biggest current threat to our nation's safety is the grossly incompetent, willfully ignorant, pathological liar who occupies the White House. His raging narcissism is almost as dangerous as his stupidity.

Him, coupled with his gullible followers who gleefully abandon all of their historical moral & ethical positions to blindly support every stupid thing he says and does.

There's a reason that freedom of the press is protected in the 1st Amendment.

Mainly, because our forefathers had the insight to know that some ignorant narcissist would come along and try to convince the American people to believe him/her over their own lying eyes. (Or any report they might see in the news media)

Once he's convinced you that the news media is fake and that only he will tell you the truth...... and once he's convinced you that our justice system is corrupted by "so-called" judges, (some who are too Mexican to issue fair rulings) and that only he knows what true justice is...... the only thing left for him to do is to either discredit or ignore Congress and the Constitution and we'll be left with King Trump and his constant stream of decrees.

Or should I say "Executive Orders?" You know, those things that up until 30 days ago were considered tyranny.

And in case you hadn't noticed, the anti-Trump movement and rhetoric is not limited to, or originating from, the news media.

A majority of Americans did not vote for Trump. Americans are protesting Trump's actions in mass all across America. People across the entire planet are protesting Trump's policies and are dismayed by his supporters.

If anything has increased our odds of being attacked or embattled, it would be the idiot in the White House.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
MSM should stick to reporting facts and get rid of opinion panels altogether. Leave opinions to alternative media like Alex Jones and Breitbart and Drudge Report and TheYoungTurks.

MSM should not stoop low and do opinion pieces. They should only report irrefutable facts.

In China the MSM never does opinions. They only report facts.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenman4
MSM should not stoop low and do opinion pieces. They should only report irrefutable facts.

Media outlets have been doing opinion pieces here since before there was a United States and they were even more vicious then.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In China the news is call xin wen, or new story. They do not do opinions. They only report new happenings every day. The US MSM should take a page and learn from the Chinese.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: greenman4

Did you....did you seriously just use the media in freaking China as your example of what press should do?

Talk about lining up with precisely what the OP is suggesting. My god.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

In China the news is call xin wen, or new story. They do not do opinions. They only report new happenings every day. The US MSM should take a page and learn from the Chinese.

No thanks. There is a reason that they do not get to offer an Op Ed and they can keep it.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You should go reread the 1st Amendment.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In China, the media is also entirely owned by the government. China also employs this thing call the National Firewall that filters out tons of their internet content. I'd really think twice about comparing the US's media outlets to China's.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
NM

edit on 20-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is a joke right? You can't be serious.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Money is all that matters.

You realize your great 'example' is a news story versus an article CLEARLY listed as opinion. Try again.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed and certainly weakens the image of the country.

Nothing weakens the image of the USA more than people wanting to criminalize opposing political view and satire.

You want to see traitors of the country...check out the mirror.

I would love to know how you came to that conclusion, how exactly is my opinion traitorous, that the image of the U.S is weakened by the Trump hate bandwagon ?

How does that make me a traitor to "your" country ?

You realize the article in the OP is an opinion article right? Lol

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because I didn't pay much attention to the "Birther" saga,

you said......

I have no experience-based comment to make.

But you do (somehow?) have enough experience-based opinion to share. Am I correct there?
Would not want to spread fake news....

please clarify your statement.
Here it is again, just to make double certain you are aware of what thing you typed that we are quoting:

I have no experience-based comment to make.

So......probably a good idea to start educating yourself....right?

edit on 2/20/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: right?????

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

In China the MSM never does opinions. They only report facts.

In China the MSM only reports what the state wants them to.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
China has been ranked dead last in freedom of the press the last two years running. And someone actually believes it's a good model to adhere to? At least this presidency is getting some folks to open up about the sort of government they actually prefer, I suppose. Guess what.. there are a multitude of countries out there that live by your twisted ideals of "freedom." Move there instead, you'll be happier. Don't try to change this country.

The entire reason MSM is out of control is due to those very freedoms. It's actually a good thing to allow people to present their views, and let humans, as intelligent beings, make their own minds up, based on what they read and watch. Novel idea huh? And instead you want news force-fed to us? You do realize this site, and any site like it, would simply disappear. And of course, our Internet would be -heavily- monitored and policed. In China it's actually a big issue right now.. it's hard to become a country that is exploding with business.. when your business outlets are stifled by firewalls and policing and nebulous laws around "freedoms" of the press.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg

Nope not a joke and people are actually starring and flagging this thread.

Oh, beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed and certainly weakens the image of the country.

Nothing weakens the image of the USA more than people wanting to criminalize opposing political view and satire.

You want to see traitors of the country...check out the mirror.

I would love to know how you came to that conclusion, how exactly is my opinion traitorous, that the image of the U.S is weakened by the Trump hate bandwagon ?

How does that make me a traitor to "your" country ?

You realize the article in the OP is an opinion article right? Lol

If you had the ability to follow the conversation i was having with the member i replied to, you might have some clue to what you are talking about

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
So you're advocating media censorship and punishment?

So much for freedom of the press eh? Which other amendments would you like to see gone?

Don't worry. I bet he hasn't read Trump's memo/draft on gun control and licensing.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have one question about the current political climate:

1) How many hardcore Trump supporters will remain when the 4chan/ Anon/ "for the lulls!" crowd jump ship specifically to see him fail?

Because that is coming soon and I don't believe any of us are prepared for the fallout.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join