It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - MSNBC - NYT Should be Officially Charged as TRAITORS to the United States of America.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So ... you don't have any specifics, other than the typical bland insults and shameless self-promotion then.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Look, if on Planet Gryphon66 the parties & politicians aren't a bunch of puppets, and the MSM aren't tools of the same handful of multinational megaconglomerate corporations that own all the other TV channels and such, where everything on TV is taken at face value especially with this idea that two parties supposedly represent over 300 millions people and only them+, and the United States isn't a war criminal of a global hegemonic empire no matter which "party" is 'at the helm', rock on.

But here on Planet Earth, that's just not reality.

edit on 19-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Look, if on Planet Gryphon66 the parties & politicians aren't a bunch of puppets, and the MSM aren't tools of the same handful of multinational megaconglomerate corporations that own all the other TV channels and such, where everything on TV is taken at face value especially with this idea that two parties supposedly represent over 300 millions people and only them+, and the United States isn't a war criminal of a global hegemonic empire no matter which "party" is 'at the helm', rock on.

But here on Planet Earth, that's just not reality.

You really can't help the insults, can you?

I've never said anything like your first sentence. You're fabricating that for rhetorical convenience and to continue the line of what you seem to think is witty reparte.

But look you did actually answer the question, in spite of yourself, LOL.

Your answer to "what is the Ruling Establishment" is "multinational megaconglomerate corporations," an answer which, while unnecessarily verbose, actually does have some relationship to the real world. Bravo.

I knew you could do it.
Just had to goad you a little. Thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am beginning to think some of the News media is going to cause a failure of our countries government. Their actions could be considered as being terrorist action sometime, by dividing the people and stirring up things with misapproriate translations of evidence.

Indeed, they are working overtime on it. Traitors are being
rooted out offices as we speak, their work will be slowed inside...
the MSM media's job is to get at the heart of peoples emotions.

Wars are fought by the MIC, but must be backed by a swell of
support from the public...hand in hand they go.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I already told you what it is. It's the Corporatocracy. And I've gone to enormous trouble to detail what it is and how it works. One might appreciate that, but nope, 'that guy criticizes Hillary & SJW's too so I wont listen to anything he has to say about anything else'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You wanna debate, or learn, well there you go. Debunk it, otherwise, you're welcome.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Was getting ready for a trip and saw that Chris Wallace confronted Reince Priebus about this very topic.

In an interview on "Fox News Sunday," Wallace asked Priebus if Trump believes that "a free and independent press is a threat to the country."
"There are certain things that are happening in the news that just aren't honest. We're not talking about everyone, Chris. We're not talking about all news. We are talking about something he's termed as fake news," Priebus said.
"Reince, here's the problem. I don't have any problem with you complaining about an individual story. We sometimes get it wrong, you guys sometimes get it wrong. I don't have any problem with you complaining about bias," Wallace said.

"But the president went a lot further than that. He said that the 'fake media,' not certain stories, the 'fake media,' are an enemy to the country. We don't have a state-run media in this country. That's what they have in dictatorships," Wallace continued.

It is deeply concerning when a sitting President starts naming domestic enemies.

"You don't get to tell us what to do, Reince. You don't get to tell us what to do any more than Barack Obama did. Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time, but I've got to say, he never said we were an enemy of the people," Wallace replied.

After Priebus said he was "surprised" Wallace would forget "all the shots" that Obama took at Fox News, the anchor interjected.

"He took the shots, and we didn't like them, and frankly, we don't like this either. But he never went as far as President Trump has. And that's what's concerning. Because it seems like he crosses a line when he says that we're the enemy of the people," Wallace said.

Another good counterpoint, to the false equivalency going on.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Only the kid in Big wasn't a bully brat. He was a nice kid playing grown up and he was still respectful and kind.

We got a cross between Big and Problem Child.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I already told you what it is. It's the Corporatocracy. And I've gone to enormous trouble to detail what it is and how it works. One might appreciate that, but nope, 'that guy criticizes Hillary & SJW's too so I wont listen to anything he has to say about anything else'.

You wanna debate, or learn, well there you go. Debunk it, otherwise, you're welcome.

I realize that we have an unpleasant past between us, but your presumptions, assumptions and projections are just as asinine as any of mine ever have been.

I know you're proud of your work, and that you like appreciation expressed for it. I'm just not a fan of your tabloid-esque style. Many folks here love it.

It's okay that I don't. Now, let's get back to the actual matter at hand here, which is not you or me. Best.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm a little salty that Buzzy tried to drag "Big" through the mud like that.

Zoltar was a good dude

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am beginning to think some of the News media is going to cause a failure of our countries government. Their actions could be considered as being terrorist action sometime, by dividing the people and stirring up things with misapproriate translations of evidence.

Indeed, they are working overtime on it. Traitors are being
rooted out offices as we speak, their work will be slowed inside...
the MSM media's job is to get at the heart of peoples emotions.

Wars are fought by the MIC, but must be backed by a swell of
support from the public...hand in hand they go.

I like the part you said about MSM media's job is to get at the heart of people's emotions. That is true.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Seems they were a little too busy organizing women's marches and anti Muslim ban protests and anti deportation protests to sit down and color.
Too bad huh. Trump would love it if the dems had run off to their hidey holes to lick their wounds but we just slapped a bandaid on and carried on the fight for humanity. We're some tough little snowflakes I guess.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Let's go with the corporate angle that Ignorance has so kindly provided us with for a moment ...

Let's assume that the so called MSM (like ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN) is the tool of the ruling elite. (And while I don't require such grandiose terms to describe simple reality, we'll go with it, as it is beyond obvious that the modern media is geared toward entertainment and not journalism.)

What happens when the President of the United States declares "the MSM" to be an enemy, and the networks respond with covering every asinine utterance of Trump or his Administration? Did anyone expect chairs to be thrown at that last presser? What does this kind of back and forth achieve for those corporate masters?

Ratings.

I submit to you, in a general "food for thought" kind of way, that the actual dynamic at work here is more akin to a WWE rivalry than it is Donald "Jason Bourne" Trump finally going after the nasty secret dark IC.

... and before you think I'm kidding ...

Donald Trump - Superstar Stats - WWE.com
edit on 19-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There is a concentrated effort right now by this administration to make the press seem like it's out to get Trump, because they keep calling out his BS and the BS of his surrogates.

Make no mistake, the Trump administration is not at war with the media but with the truth. They don't like facts. They like alternative facts. Like an attack in Sweden that didn't happen. An imaginary massacre at bowling Green. Or how 81℅ of White deaths are caused by black people. Or how his 306 electoral votes was one of the biggest margins of victory in recent memory.

These are alternative facts. And he has an army of supporters armed with keyboards ready to defend these "facts" as the truth. Any news network that dares call him out is considered an enemy of the state and must be censored and punished accordingly.
edit on 19-2-2017 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The division is coming from trump not the media.
He's the one putting out the lies and fake news.
The media is not out to get him much as the paranoid crowd and him want to believe.
This is the craziest presidency I've ever witnessed.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

CNN - MSNBC - NYT Should be Officially Charged as TRAITORS to the United States of America

That is one of the most moronic things I've heard. What is it with Trump and his supporters? Do they -want- a dictatorship with Mr. Orange as our permanent leader? We have this thing called freedom of the press. Not "freedom of the press unless they say something bad about my guy, in which case they lose their freedoms!"

The press has always been this way. Trump with his bumbletastic leadership skills and attacking the press is simply giving them a lot more ammunition and desire to write about him, than previous Presidents. You folks are going off the deep end, seriously. Traitors of the U.S.? Absolute moronic thought process.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Those nasty dogs. They tricked me by allowing me a college education and cursed me with a very inquisitive mind.

You sound like some kind of slogan. Slogans are often group speak. Who's imprisoned and who's free here. Hmmmm.

I took a walk on the beach today then I worked in my garden. I didn't punch anyone's clock or answer to anyone but my own whims and desires.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Excellent idea. They can't be publishing lies if they're not talking about him.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I wonder if the op will be coming to engage in his own thread, or if we're all just on a list now for when Trump starts authorizing arrests for people that aren't kissing his ass.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

First sentence?
The whole paragraph was the first sentence.
Then a disclaimer.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
So you're advocating media censorship and punishment?

So much for freedom of the press eh? Which other amendments would you like to see gone?

Wait, weren't you amongst the people wanting to shutdown what you call right-wing fake news"?...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join