It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: I'm a Democrat (and ex-CIA) but the spies plotting against Trump are out of control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Over the past few months, America has lurched from partisan warfare to the cliffs of an existential crisis.

Multiple reports show that my former colleagues in the intelligence community have decided that they must leak or withhold classified information due to unsettling connections between President Trump and the Russian Government.

Said an intelligence officer: “I know what's best for foreign policy and national security… And I'm going to act on that.”

Some of us might applaud this man, including a few of my fellow Democrats. In their minds, this is a case of Mr. Smith Goes to Langley to do battle against a corrupt President Trump.

I'm a Democrat (and ex-CIA) but the spies plotting against Trump are out of control

It's really hard to make good decisions with incomplete information. That's true at all levels of society.

The thought of a POTUS having to make decisions that will affect national security with incomplete information boggles my mind. What could go wrong? It depends on what information is being kept from Trump. The possibilities are endless.

What can be done to force the intelligence community to do their jobs correctly? Only time will tell. We're definitely playing with fire here.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Just imagine if their real motive in taking him down is the prevention of their own facing the disgrace of show trials and public executions for their roles in sending Al Qaeda in to Syria to overthrow the government. Acts which were both treasonous and war crimes.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Whatever it is, there is no valor in it.

The intelligence community is smart enough to give him enough rope to hang himself with if that was going to happen. This is just spite.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is a plant. Fake news.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
This is a plant. Fake news.

President Trump is an Alpha Male.
Congratulations Bro! You found your Alpha!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
PS so am I

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The article in your OP is misleading IMO.

Said an intelligence officer: “I know what's best for foreign policy and national security… And I'm going to act on that.”

Said a convicted Ex-intelligence officer Aldrich Ames. The guy is serving a life sentence for the things he did back in the 80s.

I don't see the connection between him and the Trump administration at all. Being a FOX news opinion piece the connection is probably none, but it does grab people's attention if framed a certain way and is glossed over.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You simply can't have intelligence officers running around, willy nilly and not following orders. It may be time for Trump to clean out the alphabet agencies, I hope he lives through the process. I think deep down Trump is trying his dead level best, to do the right thing for America. Let's give the guy a break.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I don't see the connection between him and the Trump administration at all. Being a FOX news opinion piece the connection is probably none, but it does grab people's attention if framed a certain way and is glossed over.

I know it's hard to keep up with all of the news about Trump. The following story was reported by multiple "credible" media sources. Please note that I'm linking to a Fox News article about it.

US spies reportedly keeping intelligence from Trump

originally posted by: Nickn3
You simply can't have intelligence officers running around, willy nilly and not following orders. It may be time for Trump to clean out the alphabet agencies, I hope he lives through the process. I think deep down Trump is trying his dead level best, to do the right thing for America. Let's give the guy a break.

I have the same feeling about him, but there are genuine issues to be concerned about. I believe Shepard Smith was exactly right. There are so many things to be concerned about, but this latest Trump rally really went over the top in my opinion. I'm trying to get through it, and I can do nothing but cringe.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

CIA Director Pompeo denies agency hides intelligence from Trump

CIA Director Mike Pompeo on Thursday denied allegations that the agency was hiding intelligence from President Trump.

Pompeo called reports that the agency was keeping intelligence from Trump “dead wrong.” He added that the reports damage the “integrity of thousands of professional intelligence officers.”

"The CIA does not, has not, and will never hide intelligence from the president, period. We are not aware of any instance when that has occurred," Pompeo said in a statement Thursday in an attempt to dispute reports that the spy community is withholding information from the commander in chief.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

They should be found treasonous and imprisoned. The Constitution doesnt make allowances for this kind of insolent behavior.

Trump hasnt done anything wrong, and to prove he has, is left to congress, not these douchebags.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Give him a break?!!!! A break??!!!!

We should be delivering these spies heads on a platter to the White House foyer.

They are committing treason!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I trust the CIA director. There are certain traitors who try to sow seeds of mistrust. They must be found and booted.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The author is comparing a statement Ames made to justify his actions and what the author says are the justifications put forward by some current members of the intelligence community for their behavior/attitudes towards the Trump administration.

So the author isn't attempting an connection/similarity between Ames and the Trump administration. He's suggesting a connection/similarity between Ames's and current members of U.S. Intel who he says are trying to undermine the Trump Admin.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

"What can be done to force the intelligence community to do their jobs correctly? "

Prosecute them for treason and subversion and other laws like they have already broken. So far nothing has happened to stop them. They deserve death already.. Just because it is in the media as being "correct" because it's against Trump doesn't make it legal. A few well placed covert ops will set an example. What was it that people on the left have said? Oh yes, "people have to die for freedom to remain" or something like that. They weren't really wrong, they just didn't choose the right targets.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You beat me to it. Intelligence agencies have gone on record denying that any intelligence information is being kept from him.

So, why does the MSM make these implications? They have an agenda and want to plant a seed in the minds of people. They want folks to think that maybe our president can't be trusted. Nothing is further from the truth. Fortunately, more and more people are seeing their tactics for what they are.

I'm glad the intelligence agencies spoke up and said 'not true!"

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: friendlymonster

I trust the CIA director. There are certain traitors who try to sow seeds of mistrust. They must be found and booted.

What do you think of James Comey, FBI Director?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You beat me to it. Intelligence agencies have gone on record denying that any intelligence information is being kept from him.

So, why does the MSM make these implications? They have an agenda and want to plant a seed in the minds of people. They want folks to think that maybe our president can't be trusted. Nothing is further from the truth. Fortunately, more and more people are seeing their tactics for what they are.

I'm glad the intelligence agencies spoke up and said 'not true!"

Please read between the lines of the article linked in the original post. We have an ex-CIA officer who is basically confirming that the reports of "spies plotting against Trump" are true. The article was published by Fox News. I don't think there could be any more of a blatant admission than this.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Prosecute them for treason and subversion and other laws like they have already broken.

Trump is not a saint. I can only imagine the skeletons he has in his closet. Here's an example...

Leaked tape reveals Trump invited club guests to 'come along' during cabinet interviews

What if the Trump administration was working behind the scenes to do exactly what you wrote. Do you realize how easily the intelligence community could blackmail Trump? The thread linked above is a perfect example. They leak something harmless like that and deliver a little message..."If you move against us, the next time the leak will be worse."

I'm not claiming that's what's happening. It sure would fit the situation, wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I'm a Democrat (and ex-CIA) but the spies plotting against Trump are out of control

Reports Trump News...
How 'unfair'...
How amazingly credible...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Fox News.

Home of Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly.

Spent the last 8 years trying to undermine the Obama administration and claiming that the last President was not eligible to serve

407 examples of Fox News Malaise

Fake news.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join