It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Fake News - Now The Scoop!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
You want to see REAL Russian ties.....research John Podesta. Look at Hillary and Bill Clinton, as well. You will find things that truly make you go 'hmmmmm'!! Sheeeesh!

"Sheesh" is you answering my point by re-fighting the last election. And that is another part of the problem...Trump supporters refuse to leave the bubble, and they write off any weirdness as mere fake news from sore losers. He is being played as well, and by people around him. Time to take off the big orange sunglasses and pick up on that. There is one great uncertainty in America today, and that is how will his legions (like y'all) react when Trump gets marginalised.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Excellent breakdown, Serdgiam, of a very important topic and pointing out areas of "disconnect." Deserves a thread of it's own!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I think its an absolute tragedy that an amazingly unique system like journalism has been corrupted like it has.

The fact that the mass exposure it provides, and the subsequent shaping of neorulogy that results, should result in a deep, irrevocable sense of responsibility. NOT something to be abused in order to shape minds to turn a spectrum into polarized, equally manipulated opposites.

Reporters like Bill shouldn't just be applauded, they should provide the exemplary example of wielding that responsibility correctly.

Sadly, in the current machine, such reporters and stories might introduce stray, unpredictable, and even novel neurological connections. In a construct of manipulation, that's borderline blasphemy and is treated in much the same way. Such an expansive problem is so very difficult to actually address, isn't it? When even individual factors like the stage act of media alone is enough for a book, or very long thread.

This hole we dig for each other is tragedy on an almost Shakespearean level. We expect to see the eyes of those in the hole at a lower elevation so unquestionably, so instrinsically, that we can't see they are staring right back at the same height.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with journalism. The American people are played like a fiddle. Fake news is just another pluck of a string:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-2-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great OP as usual from The Gut. A great movie that came out in the eighties Broadcast News www.imdb.com... is very similar to what GUT tells us here: Corporate ownership of news, looking for the fluff, handsome or pretty person with no brain cells to read the news, and the power of producers.

Some points:

Clinton and Bush are members of the same crime clan: the now overused term, deep state, is who are behind them.

This term is very appropriate, though, again overused. It connotes merely the secret powers behind the news and government.

The Deep state is broken down to the Eastern CIA based powers and the Western/Southern FBI based powers. Each has their own deep connections to the Military Industrial complex AND THE FINANCIAL Wall Street powers

The Bush crime Klan are sort of a in between power center of the deep state. One has to look at Father Bush’s connections to the West Oil and Gas) and the East (Scull n Bones) and the powers to see this.
Trump is aligning himself to the Western/Southern clique. They have ( what I think is a friendly or even phony) rivalry).

I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THIS SO CALLED WAR IN WASHINGTON IS A CHARADE orchestrated by the Deep State to distract us.

This "Deep state" all of a sudden popular term is in itself misinformation put out by guess who:
The Deep State

It will be used as long as it fulfills their sinister propaganda psychological operation guiding by Trump

One might remember another term popularized a few years ago in order to initiate another massive psych op:

"Arab Street"

That term was used to instigate massive Street riots amongst the Arabs during the famous Arab Spring

We know how that turned out.
And now we never hear the term "Arab Street" anymore

WillTell
edit on 20-2-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Interesting new chart listing News sources:

twitter.com...

DAILY KOS and Vox are listed 'Garbage Left' news sites.
edit on 20-2-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Thank you for putting this down in a way that is readable (rather than me just ranting off).

A couple things I've been noticing too:

News agencies using facts to paint false narrative, then only pointing out the facts as proof of the truth.

The refusal of anchor people to even hear out an
opposing view, or alternative take on what they are repeating (err reporting, but since they read it off a teleprompter does that count as reporting? )

anyways thanks for the post, and kind of pointing out the importance of citizen journalist, knowing how to scrap off the BS, and the value of thinking for yourself.

SIDE NOTE:

While the topic of HRC doesn't matter because she lost, the sad (very sad) truth is that the "Foundation" is still very topical in what's happening in todays events.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Gut...That was one of the best OP's I've read in ages.
Thank you for the incredible and rare perspective on this.

Tell me...Are there ANY journalists currently out there that you recognize as (even remotely) in the mold of you and your friend, Bill?

Tucker Carlson?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I call out a certain amount of bias in this chart alone. When I was in Florida on inauguration day, I happened to pick up a USA Today, and I was quite astounded by the level of anti-Trump that I saw, even in the manner of reporting. Neutral? No. And is it Reuters or AP (or both) with the solid IC connections? Probably both.

Funny thing...I think I'd use this as a guide for compromised sites to avoid as there are a certain few outliers I am NOT seeing here.

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Tell me...Are there ANY journalists currently out there that you recognize as (even remotely) in the mold of you and your friend, Bill?

Tucker Carlson?

Please don't make me spit coffee through my nose. It's still way too early for that.
edit on 21-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Every rational person is freaked out right now about Trump and his actions. Dont think this is just the MSM or globalist elites.

If by rational person, you mean the corporate media and unelected shadow government, sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Great OP as usual from The Gut. A great movie that came out in the eighties Broadcast News www.imdb.com... is very similar to what GUT tells us here: Corporate ownership of news, looking for the fluff, handsome or pretty person with no brain cells to read the news, and the power of producers.

Some points:

Clinton and Bush are members of the same crime clan: the now overused term, deep state, is who are behind them.

This term is very appropriate, though, again overused. It connotes merely the secret powers behind the news and government.

The Deep state is broken down to the Eastern CIA based powers and the Western/Southern FBI based powers. Each has their own deep connections to the Military Industrial complex AND THE FINANCIAL Wall Street powers...

...This "Deep state" all of a sudden popular term is in itself misinformation put out by guess who:
The Deep State

It will be used as long as it fulfills their sinister propaganda psychological operation guiding by Trump...

Thank you, my friend! We're on the same page until we get to Trump. Could be, but I can't find a way to make it fit. The globalists seem to be having a true meltdown, old friend. And publicly through the MSM I speak of here.

Don't worry, though, I'm not being blind and I'm looking for solid evidence either way. Peace, brudda!!
edit on 21-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

While the topic of HRC doesn't matter because she lost, the sad (very sad) truth is that the "Foundation" is still very topical in what's happening in todays events.

Totally relevant in a way. If only we could get some of our brothers and sisters here to chuck the partisanship and dig into investigative journalism themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Where do you think "news" comes from? If you really want a great example of this propaganda, just look at your phone. Google will auto-fill suggestions for hot topics. Yesterday one of the stories was "Where is Kenny Ann Conway?"

Every single "news" article was the exact same. The verbiage was all the exact same.

Do it. You will find the same thing regarding any news story. The major corporate news organizations are ALL controlled. Here is some further reading for you, and anyone else that continues being blinded by partisan programming:

CIA Mockingbird

Anderson Cooper CIA

CIA Hollywood

Associated Press

Who Owns The Media?

youtu.be...

This is just the very tip of the iceberg. This is only what we are able to see.

This issue is one of the biggest disagreements I have with far left progressives, you a have this strange trust in our government and media. You all agree with me that the system is screwed up, but at the same time advocate for giving more power and more of our money to said system. None of you will look past the very surface of our government/media to see who is really pulling the strings.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

That conflict between trust and distrust is a very strange one, in my opinion.

Its then cemented by incredible levels of projection. It is difficult to figure out just how to begin building a foundation for meaningful discourse, and perhaps that is by design.

Something like "globalism" is a great example. Its presented as something to be either accepted or rejected at face value rather than any sort of exploration into the topic. The idea of decentralized globalism will even be considered as a nonsensical oxymoron by either side. The people who profit from the setup never have to worry about it happening in a way that reduces their benefit.

"Welfare" is another where the system itself is rarely examined, we only look at whether we should spend more or less money on it. The people who profit from the setup never have to worry about their cashcow changing. Just as similarly to the above, the concept of social safety nets that result in self-sufficiency and independence seems impossibly silly.

This enables an incredible level of control, where the situation itself can be highly manipulated without concern for whether or not a truly superior alternative will be discussed, much less implemented. And as long as those physical neurological structures are maintained through constant exposure (by the media), behavioral predictibility is stable and consistent.

Fascinating, and powerful stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Great points!

The Obama scenario is a good example of this topic. When Obama was in office with his "phone and pen", writing and mandating , such as with the ACA, the people on the far left were happy. They trusted in Obama, and did not even think twice about the vast expansion of Federal power, especially in the executive branch. Now that Trump is in office and he is doing the same thing, they are all freaking out. No one questions the system. No one thinks ahead about what will happen when bad people are in control of the power structure which is inevitable.

Every single time throughout known history where a vastly centralized world power rises to the top, it always ends in death and tyranny.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

But.. Winston.. surely my approach is superior. Why, it confirms my bias and everything!

I think when someone says something like "I support globalism!" its a pretty meaningless statement and absolutely ripe for manipulation. They might as well say something like "I support government!" Well.. in what form?

If that question isn't answered beyond vague idealistic notions, it can be defined in any way possible, slapped with the label of "globalism" and those people will support it. As long as there is a system in place to maintain this paradigm (MSM), it will inevitably continue.

We see the same thing with terms like "going green," "sustainable," "smart-x," etc. It doesn't matter whether that something is really green or really sustainable, as long as it has the label people will support it. Agenda 21/30 is a stellar example of this. Few bother to read the hundreds of pages of specifics, they just see the trigger words and then operate staunchly on that assumption. Someone else can even bring up something that contradicts the buzzwords, and the response will be "well, that's not going green or sustainable, so you must not understand or you are lying." No actual exploration will take place.

Of course, I focus entirely on support here, but the same concept applies to rejection.

Its gotten so extreme, in VERY large part due to the MSM that it has literally become like sports teams. Your team can do no wrong, but if the other team does the same, its cause for outrage. I maintain that the left is worse about this currently, but its only a matter of time for the right. It took 10-15 years to get the left here and I can only assume lessons were learned and it wont take as long to get the right there, especially when leveraged by the state of the left.

I mean, behavior has become so predictable that you can relative safely assume a typical individual on the left will have similar behaviors pertaining to everything from Christianity to cops to bathrooms. When this happens on such a comprehensive list of relatively unrelated topics.. its not good.

I think that extreme decentralization is a true key to a more advanced society on many levels. But, the conversation revolves around very narrow, specific concepts that have largely been defined by the people who stand to benefit the most.

I don't think the media is just complicit in this process, they are the hub which nearly all of it rotates around.

The frustrating part is that "TPTB" who think they are doing what is best for themselves are actually shooting themselves in both feet. They would stand to benefit from a different system just as much as anyone else. Truly odd hole we have dug.

I need to learn to type a hell of a lot less..

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I agree! Decentralized government is a large part of why the USA has lasted so long. They have been chipping away at our rights, and stacking the power at the top for a very long time. Our current federal government shouldn't even exist in it's current form. This government was never designed to operate from the top down, but the bankers and elites have now made it the worlds largest central power.

We can take a trip through history and see that state sponsored propaganda and "news" organizations have had a vital role in propping up dictatorships. It is interesting seeing what is taking place right now. Large portions of the first world population are rejecting the propaganda, and starting to see the news for what it is.

With that being said, we are also seeing the elites strike back with every tool they have at hand. Obama signed off on that propaganda bill before he left office. The media is going completely insane trying to maintain control over our minds. Remember this clip?
youtu.be...

They really have been putting the pedal to the metal. It seems as if the entire ruling class is panicking, and getting desperate. Check this tweet out from Lynn De Rothschild:

twitter.com...

They are in full meltdown mode. They realize they are losing the mind control. This is why we see the social media giants pushing for censorship at full steam. Now I guess we just have to sit back and see what they do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join