It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Fake News - Now The Scoop!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Lee Stranahan is one of the hardest working journalists that I know. He works forBreitbart, but I trust anyone who really knows how to ameliorate for themselves will see his work at face value.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't think you've looked closely at him in an impartial way. He doesn't appear to me to be the ogre the MSM makes him out.

For one, he's not really a Republican and when you look at his friends and business associates you can see that he has more of a liberal latitude than he's being given credit for. He's not perfect, but when I dug into stuff more than the hit pieces, I found him to be worth supporting for the time being.

Remember when all those folk came away from their meetings at Trump Tower saying positive things about his open mind and stuff? He's not the mean buffoon that he's being painted 24/7 by a corrupt media.

Not sure about the Deep State you say? C'mon...just the fact that we've been waging war, spending trillions, and somehow making more terrorists doing it for over 20yrs and our foreign policy so far Pub or Dem never changes. These are the folk that don't change their positions every 4 or 8 years.

I can recommend some very well-sourced books on our IC and foreign policy if you actually want to understand and be better informed/ It's important for smart guys like yourself who are willing to join the public debate understand what we mean by the deep state and why it's turned into a bad thing.
edit on 19-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

the story goes russian agents hacked the acme secruity firewalls on the servers of the non govagency the dmc and gave the stolen info to wikileaks . obama believed this kept hilly from replacing him so he jumped up and down and had a fit and said he was going to make them pay for that meanwhile china hacks gov computers everyday and you don't hear a PEEP ABOUT IT
so with all other outlets lost to them the ones who were in charge paid off news media to go after president 24/7

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: The GUT

I worry that the MSM is only just getting started. For now they are being sloppy and obvious. Eventually that will change.

This may take a few generations, if ever, to fix.

Great to see you here, Loam, thanks for stopping by. Yeah...it's complex. In my personal opinion this was the day the coup was made that turned us into imperialists. The deep state machination of the IC/MIC. CIA Director Allen Dulles really screwed us. A vile man that one and his State Dept brother.

Dan Rather fooled us for awhile, but watch him lie for the deep state. When I was a lad, I admired him---boy did I fall for that Very Fake News.

I went on a rant about that yesterday. THANK YOU for pulling that up.... Great OP.... I know you are right for my own reasons and I understand not those who will not see what is so plain. 'The Sleeper Has Awakened' in many and the enemy wishes to change even history to command the narrative.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Very interesting OP, this has been going on for some time now, if I had to pick a line in the sand for myself it would be the 2000 election onward.

Trump responds with hyperbole and the press takes the bait every time, they aren't learning, this has been going on for 2 years now. They might change tactics for the 2020 election cycle, after the media loses again in 2018 midterms.
Then they will know their methodology for reporting fake news no longer works on the majority of Americans that are voting. It's a joke when Breibart, Infowars, The_Donald on Reddit and Drudge now have the most truthful stories in media. CNN might as well be VFNN now.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I really appreciate your OP and the fact that you come at this topic from 'the inside.' While I have known what you are saying to be true, when I, just a measly graphic designer in the legal profession, tries to talk about it, I really have no credibility other than what I read and anecdotal stories, like yours, at which I can point to back up my claims.

All I hope from you and others like you (and up-and-coming journalists as well) is that you keep on keepin' on--never give up the fight for integrity in journalism. We need people like you and "Bill" out there telling us what is really going on. It is getting so very exhausting for people like me who want the REAL story to have to seek out websites sometimes in the double-digits just to assemble what we can somewhat believe to be the truth.

I remember when I moved to the Cincinnati area back in 2011 and Ben Swann was an evening anchor on local Fox19--that is where I first saw him doing his Reality Check segment every Friday. He was the sole reason that I watched that channel, because he was (and may still be again?) an anchor that exuded honesty in his reporting, even if some of the time he was just reading. I miss having him on my TV every night.

But please understand that your point is not missed on many of us. Hell, your passion for the truth and honest reporting makes me want to tear up a bit. Keep it up!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I hope this all works out for you.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Small, but significant. (To me)

Thanks for not genderizing "pretty ones".

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Actually only the irrational are freaked out. What has he done? Berated the media and signed a couple EO's that most of the country agrees with? Hardly anything earth shattering. But he's only just got a cabinet and now is filling up the west wing. Once that's complete he can begin his actual agenda. Then some of the freaking out may become justified, time will tell.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Feel free to keep spouting how what President Trump did was a blow to freedom of the press. Biggest, Blindest B.S. being spread by Progressives on this site currently.
Couple of points that I take issue with...first, that you seem to be aiming at 'Progressives'. The issue is not that progressive values are in and of themselves B.S. It is that the right set of buttons are being pushed and they (we) are in a reactive mode. Trump is spouting a lot of ludicrous nonsense and that cannot be forgotten in the rush to support the concept of 'fake news'.

In the bigger picture, The Donald is an accident that is being spun by both sides. Be careful that you don't forget this fact...and don't allow the mantra of 'fake news' to reflect either his accuracy or his integrity. There is nothing to indicate that one follows the other.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thanks, Annee. I hate to 'genderize' the other way, but most of the "pretty ones" I refer to were very vain & shallow males lol. So funny to watch, but so sad too.

edit on 20-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It certainly remains to be seen, Johnny. My point with President Trump is that whenever I TRULY follow the trail of all these narratives of the MSM, he comes off MUCH different than he's being painted. I believe his heart is in the right place and he's very obviously much more intelligent than he's being given credit for.

If the above is true, my biggest question becomes: Can he survive and resist the corruption of the deep state and their cronies the MSM?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Can he survive and resist the corruption of the deep state and their cronies the MSM?
But that assumes that his cronies in the White House both support his 'populist' utterings, and have the best interests of the American people at stake. Three of his staff (election included) have been already been dismissed because of inappropriate relationships with the Russians. That is three that he has discarded. And anybody who figures that Putin is a kindly friend of America is a fool.
My point is that the house full of billionaires he has around him are also pushing buttons...and he is listening to them.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Good sir GUT, I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see a thread about an incredibly important topic by someone with the obvious wisdom gained from personal experience. I, like many others here, have watched the 'news' for quite some time with a good bit of disdain. When the bias isn't overt is when it is at its most insidious.

Carefully crafted words and particular turns of phrase are used in order to set the mind in a receptive state so that the 'real' message of the story can be delivered directly to the subconscious. This gets into things like refresh rates of CRTs and now digital screens being used to 'tune' the brains of those watching the news.

NLP also plays a huge role in this, the specific cadence used when reading the teleprompter (Hillary is a master at this in her public speaking; short three to five syllable bursts, emphasis on particular words, even hand gestures meant to give the impression of the trustworthiness of the speaker) has a lot to do with how the 'news' will be received by the consumer.

Unless one has spent the time to do the reading, one would never know that such simple-seeming methods would have such tremendous, far reaching effects. And then when you toss in the mass psychological manipulation of the Tavistock Group (for anyone doubting the existence of the deep state, take a look at the early days of the U.S. intelligence community and its ties to Tavistock) on top of the wide ranging reach the media has, it is no wonder that large numbers of people really don't have a clue as to when or how they are being lead by the nose.

As another poster mentioned, this is the 'old school' ATS type of posting many seem to be lamenting. It's not missing, it's just being drowned out by superfluous bleating.

Good show!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

I don't think you've looked closely at him in an impartial way. He doesn't appear to me to be the ogre the MSM makes him out.

For one, he's not really a Republican and when you look at his friends and business associates you can see that he has more of a liberal latitude than he's being given credit for. He's not perfect, but when I dug into stuff more than the hit pieces, I found him to be worth supporting for the time being.

Remember when all those folk came away from their meetings at Trump Tower saying positive things about his open mind and stuff? He's not the mean buffoon that he's being painted 24/7 by a corrupt media.

Not sure about the Deep State you say? C'mon...just the fact that we've been waging war, spending trillions, and somehow making more terrorists doing it for over 20yrs and our foreign policy so far Pub or Dem never changes. These are the folk that don't change their positions every 4 or 8 years.

I can recommend some very well-sourced books on our IC and foreign policy if you actually want to understand and be better informed/ It's important for smart guys like yourself who are willing to join the public debate understand what we mean by the deep state and why it's turned into a bad thing.

I see Trump as what he is, a hustler, and a con man when needed. You don't get to the top of the real estate developing game in NYC by being honest and following the rules.

My issue with the deep state is my knowledge of government institutions. Most are incompetent on their best day, and I believe a lot of the power of the CIA comes from how they portay themselves.

If there is a deep state, I don't think it's our intelligence agencies, I believe it's more so the financiers and bankers, (like the ones Trump is surrounding himself with and his friends) that control everything behind the scenes. In most conspiracies involving people, it usually comes down to just money.

And of course those people who visited Trump after the election would come away feeling like he has their best interests at heart, that's his reason for seeing them. Another con in a long string of con's.

As I said before on ATS, I listen to the words that come out of Trumps mouth, and not other people's take on them. I grew up around hustlers of all types, where as soon as you walk out your front door everyone you meet is on some type of game, trying to get something out of you.

It may sound crazy but after a lifetime of that, you develop a kind of sixth sense for it. And every time I watch Trumps rallies, or press conferences, his words and how he uses them bring me back to those days as a kid when someone ran off with my lunch money.

And brings to mind the first basic lesson you learn in an environment like that: The ones who act like you shouldn't question them, are the ones who should be questioned more than anyone.

And in this case, that is Trump.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Can he survive and resist the corruption of the deep state and their cronies the MSM?
But that assumes that his cronies in the White House both support his 'populist' utterings, and have the best interests of the American people at stake. Three of his staff (election included) have been already been dismissed because of inappropriate relationships with the Russians. That is three that he has discarded. And anybody who figures that Putin is a kindly friend of America is a fool.
My point is that the house full of billionaires he has around him are also pushing buttons...and he is listening to them.

You have that a bit wrong. They weren't staff.

The three controversial individuals are Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, Michael Flynn.

Paul Manafort had a business relationship with the Ukranian president, who happens to be pro-Russian. He has denied to this day that he had any relationship with Russia. He resigned in August as campaign manager because of the distraction.

Roger Stone is a consultant and strategist. What was his big sin? He tweeted that Wikileaks was going to release damning info on Hillary....that's it! The msm was "certain" he had an inside track to info that Russia hacked the DNC.

Michael Flynn was on track to be NSC director. He had a conversation in Dec. before Trump took office and spoke to a Russian ambassador to the US, a man he knew as did most intelligence officials. He supposedly told him, after discussing the 35 ousted diplomats, that the whole thing would be reviewed later. Supposedly, he made no promises (how could he? He wasn't going to be prez!) yet the MSM "suspected" he talked about sanctions in length. Intelligence officials reviewed the conversation later and said there were no laws broken. But the damage was done.

So, there's your "inappropriate" relationships in a nutshell. But, still, just the optics and the shadow cast on the campaign was enough to cut ties with these folks, imo. But, the MSM has blown it way out of proportion.

You want to see REAL Russian ties.....research John Podesta. Look at Hillary and Bill Clinton, as well. You will find things that truly make you go 'hmmmmm'!!

Sheeeesh!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Small, but significant. (To me)

Thanks for not genderizing "pretty ones".

Which reminds: Sexism and Ageism is rampant in the MSM. I need to do a thread on it. As the women get older they are usually demoted under some pretext. I hated that, too, because they were some of the very best reporters.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Hilary Clinton is irrelevant. The election is over. She lost.

She's not irrelevant. Her supporters in the media are still waging a war against Trump and his supporters because she lost.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump is minor league. He can't handle a free press. He's not looking for a more honest press. What he wants is a fluff press.
The problem with people like you saying things like this is that for the last 8 years, our press has been Obama's personal propaganda machine. The left was fine with that. Now the media is the opposition party! There is no way in hell the press will ever be "fluff" for a Republican.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

To everyone that rails against the media as being involved in some grand conspiracy to discredit Trump

I think this right here is actually indicative of the programming in play.

It isn't some grand conspiracy that exists solely to discredit Trump. Not everything revolves around supporting or detracting from the fabricated focal point.

The grand conspiracy does not exist because of Trump, he is simply the current target du jour. However, to keep the attention on the ball, everything will be presented to foster a behavior wherein everything is connected to a central point. This not only enables a sort of sleight of hand, but effectively works like blinders.

Trump is incidental to this topic. Understanding that is critical. These machinations are simply trying to deal with a wrench in the works, and what better way to keep people from seeing the machine than to drive focus solely to the wrench itself? This creates a perception that everything exists around the wrench rather than the wrench being an unexpected event in a much larger, pre-existing machine.

This is accomplished by associating every topic possible to the wrench. So, even if one accepts the wrench "as is," as long as everything connects back to it: mission accomplished.

Neurologically, there isn't much to be done when vast exposure is given to the wrench. Its not a matter of choice, awareness or intelligence (I.e. the more aware, intelligent, or "unbiased" one thinks they are, the less likely they are to believe they have been manipulated). In fact, those are used to distract from what is being done as well. With continued exposure to the controlled stimuli those actual, physical connections will be made all the same.

As long as all those neurological roads lead to Rome, the vast majority will end up in the same controllable space even if they are facing different directions.

The media isn't the source either, its another layer of the "wrench." Probably better to think of them as the stage act.

I feel you are a bit on the intelligent side, so hopefully you wont take this as some sort of attack. There is a feedback loop that connects pointing out the programming with personal insult and taking offense. The manipulation is done to cover people who both accept and reject the premise. As long as neither side changes that premise, it works all the same. Given this sort of agnosticism behind the manipulation, I think the only way beyond it is to adopt the same unison on this side of things.

Good to see you make a thread GUT. I truly believe that at this point, the manipulators have been affected (infected?) with their own programming. They just don't realize it because of the feedback loops which they created. They thought they were immune due to awareness, being above the influence, or even just simple pride and that provided a wide open vector for infection.

Really odd situation, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join