It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Fake News - Now The Scoop!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Aye, I will keep that in mind. I wrote something earlier: (Would like to read your thoughts)

I also think that the media needs to be divided into different sections
News (The truth after the expose has been investigated and confirmed to be true.)
Expose's(this is not fake "news". this is usually theories based on circumstantial evidences. It causes people to think.)
Commentary(Commentary on what they think happened and should happen. It can also go with the expose's.)
Documentary: A set of facts as well as circumstantial evidences based on events that did happen.
((Someone mentioned to add Editorials to the list)

I generally like writing expose's because it allows my imagination to go wild, but remain within the realm of the scientific method and theories. I believe expose's is what causes people to think and investigate further the story. The list mentioned above is also a form of the scientific method within itself. Would you expand more on that list?

How would you divide journalism/ the media? The reason being is because I believe it is time for a renaissance (or revolution) on what true journalism should be about. And Moral ethics is the key to that.

Also how would you categorize CNN now (aside from fake news). My thoughts would be commentary, which technically allows them free speech, but it cannot be categorized as news until concrete evidences show up.

(It almost makes me want to train future journalists within ethics. But I dont have the energy nor will to pull off such a project. But I am writing this here for those who may want to take interest, and combine the knowledge with the OP.)

Either way I'll keep in touch.

edit on th2017000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 18 Feb 2017 22:16:14 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 18 Feb 2017 22:16:14 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

So, will you admit that Fox and other right wing news sources spent the last 8 years coming up with fake news crap about Obama?

If you don't, everything you posted there is hypocrtical BS, because you are only seeing it from one side.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

There is no doubt the media, some with right wing, and some with left wing views dominate the media. Your OP was 100% from a one sided viewpoint. No balance. That being said, Trump is playing a dangerous game. Hitler did the same thing (yes, a Nazi mention) during the 30's. The media is important. It needs to be held accountable but it should NEVER be demonized in the fashion he is. Trump only calls out media that disagrees with him. Trump is dangerous to Democracy, free speech and the constitution. Now I see all of you following him down the pathway. You have the same frame of mind that lead to WW2/Nazi Germany. Trump supporters are frightening.
edit on 18-2-2017 by IamALWAYSright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Great thread The Gut. It's like a trip back to the old ATS, thoughtful, respectful, new insight.

I fully agree what's happened with our media is tragic. While I knew it was a problem, I didn't know the depths of it until overseas for awhile and getting my news from completely foreign sources. Returning to America made our media look like a entire pool of TMZ style hit pieces, mostly fabrication, heavy bias, censored and meant to push a clear agenda.

And you're right, the progressives here just don't get it. Maybe they've never travelled. I don't know. Much of America doesn't realize how brainwashed they are. It's clear once you step outside our borders for any significant amount of time. You come back here and it's like WTF are you clowns talking about?

It's not even so much what's reported but how it's reported. Far too much personal opinion/narrative put into it. Of course, when you consider stuff like pizza gate and the pedophilia arrests nation wide, it is a problem everyone's refused to report on it.
edit on 18-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

So, will you admit that Fox and other right wing news sources spent the last 8 years coming up with fake news crap about Obama?

If you don't, everything you posted there is hypocritical BS, because you are only seeing it from one side.

No, I agree there's a lot of truth in that. He did some despicable shizzle, however, in my estimation. I started out a fan.

Obama was the first presidential candidate that I got interested in again since this Air Force brat was 13 and figured out that Vietnam was a disgrace and not like WW II at all (and then came Nixon sheesh!) I knew even at that age we were going the way of Rome.

Obama said the right words for me--and since they were words so radical, I thought he must really mean them. He was going to stop the M.E. horror and stupidity and kill the spying on Americans and have the most transparent administration in history.

Obama under deep state control did fund & arm terrorist ISIL and others in an attempt to topple and destabilize yet another nation. THIS is prime example of what many of us are sick of. Yes, all current MSM are guilty as sin to one degree or another and none of them lightly. When they start addressing the issues I posted here is the day I start respecting them again. Think they ever will?

In my professional opinion CNN is by far the worst and disgraceful. That's why Acosta was so nervous and calling the Pres, "Sir" like he meant it. He knows he and CNN are unethical and it was being laid out so perfectly clearly for all to see. He was probably a true believer in ethical freedom of the press before he sold out along the way and having that kind of light shined on your sleazy "journalism" is a pretty hard hit.
edit on 19-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: neformore

No, I agree there's A LOT of truth in that. He did some despicable shizzle, however, in my estimation. I started out a fan.

You started out a fan of Obama? LOL Don't lie. You Trump water carriers are hilarious, in a sad way. Almost feel bad for you, having to stand up for a "President" like Trump. He's a joke. A clueless clown. Maybe some day you'll waggle away with your tail between your legs.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
News is and has been Infotainment for the longest time, especially since the legalization of propaganda they are not held responsible. Also, as to why divisionary topics int he so called reports are rampant, that NO ONE can agree on are hyped, fully tied into the sides.

I agree, as explained in an earlier thread on fake news(since someone claimed otherwise but it was right there) that fake news is an issue apparent in both sides of the news.

In short'

PLEASE everyone stop being partisan on this one issue. The deep state doesn't care the party color of the globalist in office---whether a member of the Bush crime family or the Clinton crime family the MSM will spout whatever they are told to spout.

Well said OP.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IamALWAYSright

Ever heard ofHilary Clinton?

You're a hypocrite . Comparing her to hitler would be putting her in a good light. Never has America come so close to voting in a dangerous dictator who 100% would destroy freedom of press within a week. Trump just calls them out, she'd outlaw them. Any attempt to deny that would expose your IQ

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Trump has a BIG mouth with FAKE (lies) FACTS. What an awesome leader!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: IamALWAYSright

Ever heard ofHilary Clinton?

You're a hypocrite . Comparing her to hitler would be putting her in a good light. Never has America come so close to voting in a dangerous dictator who 100% would destroy freedom of press within a week. Trump just calls them out, she'd outlaw them. Any attempt to deny that would expose your IQ

My IQ? 142. Quit being a child.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Hilary Clinton is irrelevant. The election is over. She lost.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Truly from the Gut. Thanks for reminding everyone. Your story of "Bill" and the suppression of stories with too much truth, I mean covered up by the industrial fake news complex, sounds a lot like the plot to the film Network. I watched it again last night for the umpteenth time, my favorite goto about the inner mechanisms driving the infotainment industry we call, the news.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Well written. True.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I can virtually guarantee every one of you deniers and anyone on the fence that every true journalist in this country got the biggest thrill they've had in years when Trump laid it all out and topped it off with, "Very Fake News."

True journalists HATE fake news and know exactly what it is. It's not even debatable with this newsie. But feel free. It won't do you much good because the masses have stirred from slumber and been hit with a big cuppa joe of real news in President Trump's own unique way.

What I set out to be when I was hired out of school for a CBS Affiliate in a larger market was a photojournalist with the further intent to then parlay that experience into eventually producing social documentaries. In the T.V. news business the term photojournalist also covers video "Shooters." I've never had a desire to be on camera, so my goal was to hone my shooting, producing, editing, & graphics skills.

The modern news era trended towards smaller teams for "packages," that is field stories produced to be inserted in the newscasts even down to one lone reporter that develops the story, shoots their own b-roll, does their own stand-up, and edits their own packages.

The newsroom itself--where the big stories are prepared for the anchors to read from the prompter--is pretty much like you see on T.V. The only reason I mention that is to distinguish between a "Reader" and a "Journalist." It's pretty rare these days to find Anchors who develop their own stories and have a stake in them.

Producers--in this sense--are the ones who develop stories and write the copy that's inserted into the prompters to be read by the "Readers." The Anchors get a copy before the show and familiarize themselves. The good ones make notes and clarify factual things, the pretty ones might send back a suggestion they think make themselves sound better or more involved in the story. Sheesh.

The field reporters…this is where you find the journalists, and if your damn lucky a real dyed-in-tha-ink investigative journalist! But you have to look pretty hard. He or she usually ain't that pretty and they look like they've been awake for days hustling to meet grueling deadlines and living off coffee and cigarettes 'cause a lot of times that's the case. They're usually pretty grouchy too. There's some young ones as well don't get me wrong, but even much rarer.

Before I even knew that ethical and hardworking journalists were hard to find, I was dealing with some cognitive dissonance because I was seeing some stories "killed" here and there. Packages that were shot, edited, and ready to air. Stories I was familiar with because I was either in the production chain or had watched it with the Director to okay it before air and knew they were solid. When the fog finally cleared in my naive little head, I knew why true journalists were hard to find.

The reason they're so hard to find isn't just because they are very few, it's because they are marginalized and kept on fluff stories. Whipsmart-dig-into-records tough ass reporters with a conscience and heart. These few became my heroes but it was HARD watching their tragic struggle and marginalization.

This stuff really bothered me. This assault on journalism has never stopped causing me pain and to see it go full-blown psyop propaganda is surreal as heck, like something out the movie 1984, but in HD and surround sound. I know many of my colleagues feel the same way.

One of my most unforgettable characters and cherished influences was such a reporter, "Bill." Our affiliate used to set him loose as their investigative journalist and he was a true champion of the people. Damn good and folk loved him, but then he did a story that was connected to a sponsor--one that needed to be told--and they killed it.

Bill didn't take that too good and told our parent company and management what he thought. He didn't hold back and stated the undeniable truth like a boss.

They didn't dare fire him or even take away his title as our investigative journalist---they just never let him pick his own stories again and treated him like crap. He was near retirement and had been a big part of our great ratings for years, so it was especially sad to see the noble lion's teeth pulled when he would have otherwise exited stage left kicking corrupt ass like he always had. Ratings actually suffered some, so at least there was some small consolation in the pain Bill & I were both feeling at the sorry state of journalism. He's gone now, but gawd I loved that guy! A warrior and ethical journalist.

That's all been a few years ago now. Back in the semi-good old days when it was only fake news. Here's when it became Very Fake News:

Also called the Countering Information Warfare Act of 2016 (S. 2692), when introduced in March by Sen. Rob Portman, the legislation represents a dramatic return to Cold War-era government propaganda battles. “These countries spend vast sums of money on advanced broadcast and digital media capabilities, targeted campaigns, funding of foreign political movements, and other efforts to influence key audiences and populations,”

www.technocracy.news...

PLEASE everyone stop being partisan on this one issue. The deep state doesn't care the party color of the globalist in office---whether a member of the Bush crime family or the Clinton crime family the MSM will spout whatever they are told to spout. Reckless and endless war in the ME will continue to ensue--yadda, yadda, yadda. Trump, being a wildcard in their otherwise perfect hand presents a problem. Most everyone these days knows that's why we're seeing the most unprecedented psyop campaign by the sold-out MSM that we've ever witnessed. VERY telling for anyone without a B.S. bias.

Feel free to keep spouting how what President Trump did was a blow to freedom of the press. Biggest, Blindest B.S. being spread by Progressives on this site currently. Us newsies know it was the greatest wake up call for ethical journalism the world has ever seen. The budding ethical journalists of Generation Z just got a big boost in the arm and a platform to work from. In other words: A fighting chance. I'm thrilled and hopeful for them! Time for new media to take ethical journalism back!

CNN's and the deep state's blunder in strategy with the "fake news" angle has to be THE most classic case of black propaganda karma to ever smack yellow-journalism in the face. It has done my soul good.

I'm not ashamed to say that I've teared up a little while writing this, that's how passionate I am about the subject, and remembering Bill, but I've also laughed out loud and with great satisfaction thinking of the sellouts that just got VERY TRUE NEWS of the condition of their sold-out souls televised for all the world to see!! Saaa-weet!

I heard some clueless poster on here state in another thread that the reporters were laughing at Trump's idiotic statement or some such. What b.s. I know in my heart and from my experience why they were laughing: Because it was so damn true and delivered flawlessly. Like a Boss. Like Bill. This one's for you Bill.

Outstanding post.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

To everyone that rails against the media as being involved in some grand conspiracy to discredit Trump, let me ask you this:

If the media is such a bad and evil bogeyman, then why does Trump spend hours of every day watching cable news, and then bases his tweets and things he talks about at his rallys on the things in those news stories he agrees with?

A story pops up on CNBC or Fox News, and 15 minutes later (regardless if what the story talks about is true or not) we see a tweet repeating the same thing.

It seems the President is the one being controlled by the news media everyone loves to hate, so in effect his followers are as well when they listen to his comments based on those stories.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Great thread BTW. I see you've worked in the media and probably understand a lot of it better than regular people that just watch the news, so I'd be interested in what your take is on this journalists view of the effect Trump's comments are having on journalists.
time.com...

Kind of a long read, but I think he makes some really good points.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I gave the article a shot, but he glosses over and/or ignores the main points many of us are making.

Number One: How much control does the Deep State have on the media?

Two: Where are these ethical journalists on prime time asking the hard questions about our ME debacle and destabilization?

The answers are that the deep state has pretty much total control over the MSM. That's control of the press, not freedom of the press.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am bummed about Ben Swann.I think he is a pretty straight shooter.I contributed to his gofundme project about the connection between the United States and the formation of al-qaeda/ISIS.I would have liked to have seen that.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

I gave the article a shot, but he glosses over and/or ignores the main points many of us are making.

Number One: How much control does the Deep State have on the media?

Two: Where are these ethical journalists on prime time asking the hard questions about our ME debacle and destabilization?

The answers are that the deep state has pretty much total control over the MSM. That's control of the press, not freedom of the press.

I'm not convinced at this point of an existence of a deep state.

But, say it exists. Why would they even need to influence the media's reporting of Trump?

Just reporting on what he LITERALLY says is enough to paint a negative picture of him, without even trying to. To make a positive out of most of Trumps words, you have to write with your own assumptions in a biased way. That's the only way positive reporting of him (and what he's said up to this point) works.

If most of the articles about Trump were glowingly positive despite what I see right in front of me, I'd be worried someone was controlling the news.
edit on 19-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Trump is minor league. He can't handle a free press. He's not looking for a more honest press. What he wants is a fluff press.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join