It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Fake News - Now The Scoop!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
The problem is Trump isnt calling out unethical news, He is calling anything critical of him fake news.

I don't think that's the case. It's just impossible for most to tell right now because it's 24/7 spin and hit jobs from pretty much everywhere.

I'd like to make a note to mention here again the unprecedented MSM attack we're witnessing. If you are a person that knows our foreign policy is currently, and for many years now, one of death, destruction, and destabilization for imperialistic reasons---then you should give Trump a chance. The globalist controlled MSM are obviously freaking the hell out and that tells me we have a wildcard...finally!!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

But who gives the marching orders to the producers? And do they all have an annual "convention"

well there was this back in 2014.

Last May the FCC proposed an initiative to thrust the federal government into newsrooms across the country. With its "Multi-Market Study of Critical Information Needs," or CIN, the agency plans to send researchers to grill reporters, editors and station owners about how they decide which stories to run. A field test in Columbia, S.C., is scheduled to begin this spring.

The purpose of the CIN, according to the FCC, is to ferret out information from television and radio broadcasters about "the process by which stories are selected" and how often stations cover "critical information needs," along with "perceived station bias" and "perceived responsiveness to underserved populations."
Why is the Obama Administration Putting Government Monitors in Newsrooms?

now to be fair i had heard that they canceled this program, but no matter how i word it i can't seem to find anything about that. makes one wonder if it was.
ETA: and to be honest the news has been more funky for the past three years.
edit on 18-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The problem is Trump isnt calling out unethical news, He is calling anything critical of him fake news.

Finding the most pathetic flaws in a person's character and making it into something it isn't, isn't real news. That there is a news flash for you (real news).

Not reporting on haineous crimes committed by a presidential nominee is unethical and lacks Journalistic integrity.

Until then, I could care less what they report unless it has sources, like required by us on ATS, not some "official White House source".

edit on 18-2-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Awesome post! Very informative and eye opening, thanks for sharing. It makes one wonder what the hell we can believe anymore. I personally don't think we can trust the MSM with anything. Alternative media isn't much better these days. It's becoming more and more difficult sifting through the BS.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
dbl
edit on 18-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Finding the most pathetic flaws in a person's character and making it into something it isn't, isn't real news. That there is a news flash for you (real news).

Not reporting on haineous crimes committed by a presidential nominee is unethical and lacks Journalistic integrity.

Until then, I could care less what they report unless it has sources, like required by us on ATS, not some "official White House source".

Bam!!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I loved reading this!

I am a news hound and just found out today that there is a Newseum in D.C. I want to visit it.

The journalism and news field is like anything else...it has a history, an evolution, and benchmark events that change the paradigm in how it is dispensed. And, I think you're right. Finding out what news organizations have allowed themselves to evolve into woke a lot of people up this year.

I will forever look at CNN and think "Very Fake News". They may as well change their moniker to VFN.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I think your point is legitimate. A lot of "sponsorship" and "political" connections could certainly come into play when investigative reporters are "stepping on the toes" of hands that feed the media. I've said if before, we lost the hard nose investigative reporters who exposed political corruption like Watergate, and asked the tough questions at White House briefings. We've had many questionable government corruptions since then, but the tough investigations into these incidents ended up falling off radar. The media failed to thoroughly investigate 9/11, and also to question the reason for going to war with Iraq. We've had the savings and loan scandal, the trillions of dollars missing from the Pentagon, questions surround why we should be allies with Saudi Arabia, and we can go on and on.... The media's purpose was to expose government corruption, yet It seems like they've been tamed to only report things that don't ruffle those who have influence and power.

The party-system has also tainted an honest perspective on reporting. It goes both ways, liberal and conservative news sources. Unless the U.S. abolishes the two-party system, it will continue to divide this nation and also create media outlets that are influenced by an ownership's political party affiliation. However calling everything "fake news" is really a blanket statement. Instead, it would be much more productive if Trump attacked the very things that are influencing the media and tainting news reports.

Here's a question to you, if there are ethical journalists out there and they've been silenced for so long, why haven't they spoke-up in unison? Heck, they have the president of the United States to back them up! Sure, I know they have families to feed and probably risk losing their job. However, joining forces to expose something so corrupt, would be ethical and extremely patriotic. I really think the public would stand by these brave journalists along with the president. I'm sure there would be enough pressure from the public and the president alone that would cause an outcry if they fired any of these reporters.

Star & flag for a thread by someone who has an inside perspective on the media.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
well i did find something finally about the FCC not doing it, funny thing it was on madcows' blog.
and they are making out like it was a right paranoid thing why the FCC decided not to do it.

By Friday, the FCC had given up on the study altogether.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is scrapping a study of media organizations that had riled up opponents concerned that it would impinge upon freedom of the press. […]

In an announcement that can be found on the FCC website, the agency is changing directions: “To be clear, media owners and journalists will no longer be asked to participate in the Columbia, S.C. pilot study. The pilot will not be undertaken until a new study design is final. Any subsequent market studies conducted by the FCC, if determined necessary, will not seek participation from or include questions for media owners, news directors or reporters.”

The right’s creative paranoia, in other words, is being rewarded.
The FCC won’t ‘monitor newsrooms’

so it's the left that thinks that the government monitoring news is okay and if your against that the your a member of the paranoid right wing. figures.
edit on 18-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Interesting couple of videos on network control:

Project Mockingbird: News Anchors Repeat The Same Line

www.youtube.com...

TV Mind Control And How You Are Being Distracted!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

I don't think that's the case. It's just impossible for most to tell right now because it's 24/7 spin and hit jobs from pretty much everywhere.

I'd like to make a note to mention here again the unprecedented MSM attack we're witnessing. If you are a person that knows our foreign policy is currently, and for many years now, one of death, destruction, and destabilization for imperialistic reasons---then you should give Trump a chance. The globalist controlled MSM are obviously freaking the hell out and that tells me we have a wildcard...finally!!

Every rational person is freaked out right now about Trump and his actions. Dont think this is just the MSM or globalist elites.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I worry that the MSM is only just getting started. For now they are being sloppy and obvious. Eventually that will change.

This may take a few generations, if ever, to fix.

Great to see you here, Loam, thanks for stopping by. Yeah...it's complex. In my personal opinion this was the day the coup was made that turned us into imperialists. The deep state machination of the IC/MIC. CIA Director Allen Dulles really screwed us. A vile man that one and his State Dept brother.

Dan Rather fooled us for awhile, but watch him lie for the deep state. When I was a lad, I admired him---boy did I fall for that Very Fake News.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Thank you for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your perspective here. Very articulate and wise, imo.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 18/2/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Thankyou for sharing your insights.

You would remember a time here not long ago when FOX news was the CNN of today.

What do you think caused this paradigm shift?

It was a time people were jumping off the Bush bandwagon, that no doubt influenced it, but I don't understand how FOX news is now ok, it's still owned by the same person is it not?

There is more going on here than what you're saying. Yes, there's no ethics in the media any more, but it seems as though there are different standards of ethics which, foolishly, are determined by ones political persuasion.

Trump himself had been spouting off fake news himself. There are right wing hack media sites like Infowars who are now en vogue again.

They spread fear and BS 10 years ago and they still do today...

I think it's hypocritical to call only one side of an imaginary line fake news while giving the other a free pass.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Hiya, Chad! FOX is included in my book. I checked 'em out recently and they do seem most-balanced of any of the main ones, but that's not saying much these days.

Trump is a typical New Yorker who understands the art of the deal. He's not perfect. I'd call him more of a B.S.'er and exaggerator, but I think when it comes down to the gritty, his compass for America is in the right direction.

I thought only dumb rednecks and neo-nazi's liked him until some well-educated and much respected friends announced their support of him when we were out with a very mixed crowd. I was embarrassed for them and confused, but didn't say anything. How could people who's opinion I respected be so supportive of a reality tv blowhard like Trump? I knew they weren't particularly partisan, so I was intrigued.

So, I started looking into him and everywhere I looked, he actually seemed to be a pretty alright guy with a desire to address some issues that all our other sellouts traditionally screw us over on. So, I'm not embarrassed for my friends anymore, but for me---even knowing better I let CNN and others craft my view of him.

His kid's love him and are exceptional. He keeps promises. Whether I agree with them or not that's important to me. He works hard and he's always on the lookout for jobs.

He could turn out to be a dud, but he's certainly not the ogre the MSM paints him 24/7.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Bravo. Spot on.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Bravo, thank you for this thread. It also teaches many truths behind real journalism.

The field reporters…this is where you find the journalists, and if your damn lucky a real dyed-in-tha-ink investigative journalist! But you have to look pretty hard. He or she usually ain't that pretty and they look like they've been awake for days hustling to meet grueling deadlines and living off coffee and cigarettes 'cause a lot of times that's the case. They're usually pretty grouchy too.

You pretty much described my life, but as a blogger, online researcher and documentary maker. Coffee and cigs...(don't forget the classic pacing back and forth when you hit dead ends and you need to get off your chair.)

Ah, Graphic design, psychology, knowing some law, some html, video editing skills can take you far within the media. But also writing articles for other news sources as a ghostwriter helps as well.

But what other advice do you give for those who want to take a matt drudge route, but also do something new?

PLEASE everyone stop being partisan on this one issue. The deep state doesn't care the party color of the globalist in office---whether a member of the Bush crime family or the Clinton crime family the MSM will spout whatever they are told to spout. Reckless and endless war in the ME will continue to ensue--yadda, yadda, yadda. Trump, being a wildcard in their otherwise perfect hand presents a problem. Most everyone these days knows that's why we're seeing the most unprecedented psyop campaign by the sold-out MSM that we've ever witnessed. VERY telling for anyone without a B.S. bias.

This... was beautiful writing and so very true.

I learned alot from your thread. Thank you S&F

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TortoiseKweek

Awesome post! Very informative and eye opening, thanks for sharing. It makes one wonder what the hell we can believe anymore. I personally don't think we can trust the MSM with anything. Alternative media isn't much better these days. It's becoming more and more difficult sifting through the BS.

Thanks much, TK! We're in it together and the internet is a powerful ally to dig with and follow your heart and inner detective. I actually think "we the people" are finally starting to use it to a much greater advantage than we have previously been.

We all need to fight the false narratives online and everywhere with our virtual pen swords!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Thank you...now I know more of why I connect to your writing and intellect so positively. Your posts always catch my eye because I like to hear your take. We should P.M. I love to create, maybe we can collaborate on sumpin'.

edit on 18-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join