It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Fake News - Now The Scoop!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+92 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can virtually guarantee every one of you deniers and anyone on the fence that every true journalist in this country got the biggest thrill they've had in years when Trump laid it all out and topped it off with, "Very Fake News."

True journalists HATE fake news and know exactly what it is. It's not even debatable with this newsie. But feel free. It won't do you much good because the masses have stirred from slumber and been hit with a big cuppa joe of real news in President Trump's own unique way.

What I set out to be when I was hired out of school for a CBS Affiliate in a larger market was a photojournalist with the further intent to then parlay that experience into eventually producing social documentaries. In the T.V. news business the term photojournalist also covers video "Shooters." I've never had a desire to be on camera, so my goal was to hone my shooting, producing, editing, & graphics skills.

The modern news era trended towards smaller teams for "packages," that is field stories produced to be inserted in the newscasts even down to one lone reporter that develops the story, shoots their own b-roll, does their own stand-up, and edits their own packages.

The newsroom itself--where the big stories are prepared for the anchors to read from the prompter--is pretty much like you see on T.V. The only reason I mention that is to distinguish between a "Reader" and a "Journalist." It's pretty rare these days to find Anchors who develop their own stories and have a stake in them.

Producers--in this sense--are the ones who develop stories and write the copy that's inserted into the prompters to be read by the "Readers." The Anchors get a copy before the show and familiarize themselves. The good ones make notes and clarify factual things, the pretty ones might send back a suggestion they think make themselves sound better or more involved in the story. Sheesh.

The field reporters…this is where you find the journalists, and if your damn lucky a real dyed-in-tha-ink investigative journalist! But you have to look pretty hard. He or she usually ain't that pretty and they look like they've been awake for days hustling to meet grueling deadlines and living off coffee and cigarettes 'cause a lot of times that's the case. They're usually pretty grouchy too. There's some young ones as well don't get me wrong, but even much rarer.

Before I even knew that ethical and hardworking journalists were hard to find, I was dealing with some cognitive dissonance because I was seeing some stories "killed" here and there. Packages that were shot, edited, and ready to air. Stories I was familiar with because I was either in the production chain or had watched it with the Director to okay it before air and knew they were solid. When the fog finally cleared in my naive little head, I knew why true journalists were hard to find.

The reason they're so hard to find isn't just because they are very few, it's because they are marginalized and kept on fluff stories. Whipsmart-dig-into-records tough ass reporters with a conscience and heart. These few became my heroes but it was HARD watching their tragic struggle and marginalization.

This stuff really bothered me. This assault on journalism has never stopped causing me pain and to see it go full-blown psyop propaganda is surreal as heck, like something out the movie 1984, but in HD and surround sound. I know many of my colleagues feel the same way.

One of my most unforgettable characters and cherished influences was such a reporter, "Bill." Our affiliate used to set him loose as their investigative journalist and he was a true champion of the people. Damn good and folk loved him, but then he did a story that was connected to a sponsor--one that needed to be told--and they killed it.

Bill didn't take that too good and told our parent company and management what he thought. He didn't hold back and stated the undeniable truth like a boss.

They didn't dare fire him or even take away his title as our investigative journalist---they just never let him pick his own stories again and treated him like crap. He was near retirement and had been a big part of our great ratings for years, so it was especially sad to see the noble lion's teeth pulled when he would have otherwise exited stage left kicking corrupt ass like he always had. Ratings actually suffered some, so at least there was some small consolation in the pain Bill & I were both feeling at the sorry state of journalism. He's gone now, but gawd I loved that guy! A warrior and ethical journalist.

That's all been a few years ago now. Back in the semi-good old days when it was only fake news. Here's when it became Very Fake News:

Also called the Countering Information Warfare Act of 2016 (S. 2692), when introduced in March by Sen. Rob Portman, the legislation represents a dramatic return to Cold War-era government propaganda battles. “These countries spend vast sums of money on advanced broadcast and digital media capabilities, targeted campaigns, funding of foreign political movements, and other efforts to influence key audiences and populations,”

www.technocracy.news...

PLEASE everyone stop being partisan on this one issue. The deep state doesn't care the party color of the globalist in office---whether a member of the Bush crime family or the Clinton crime family the MSM will spout whatever they are told to spout. Reckless and endless war in the ME will continue to ensue--yadda, yadda, yadda. Trump, being a wildcard in their otherwise perfect hand presents a problem. Most everyone these days knows that's why we're seeing the most unprecedented psyop campaign by the sold-out MSM that we've ever witnessed. VERY telling for anyone without a B.S. bias.

Feel free to keep spouting how what President Trump did was a blow to freedom of the press. Biggest, Blindest B.S. being spread by Progressives on this site currently. Us newsies know it was the greatest wake up call for ethical journalism the world has ever seen. The budding ethical journalists of Generation Z just got a big boost in the arm and a platform to work from. In other words: A fighting chance. I'm thrilled and hopeful for them! Time for new media to take ethical journalism back!

CNN's and the deep state's blunder in strategy with the "fake news" angle has to be THE most classic case of black propaganda karma to ever smack yellow-journalism in the face. It has done my soul good.

I'm not ashamed to say that I've teared up a little while writing this, that's how passionate I am about the subject, and remembering Bill, but I've also laughed out loud and with great satisfaction thinking of the sellouts that just got VERY TRUE NEWS of the condition of their sold-out souls televised for all the world to see!! Saaa-weet!

I heard some clueless poster on here state in another thread that the reporters were laughing at Trump's idiotic statement or some such. What b.s. I know in my heart and from my experience why they were laughing: Because it was so damn true and delivered flawlessly. Like a Boss. Like Bill. This one's for you Bill.

edit on 18-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh #! The Gut's writing threads again! Heeeeeee's back!

I'll be on after kiddie bedtime to read through.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think you make a very valid point. Let us not forget the words of the first man that walked on the moon:

“Today we have with us a group of students, among America’s best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth’s protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours–in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny.” One of the truth’s protective layers?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Trump, being a wildcard in their otherwise perfect hand presents a problem. Most everyone these days knows that's why we're seeing the most unprecedented psyop campaign by the sold-out MSM than we've ever witnessed. VERY telling for anyone without a B.S. bias.
Isn't that the real news ...Unlike that fak,, sorry "very fake news"
I like the new term and plan on using it ever sense I first heard it ...way back yesterday or today ... Bill would be loving it .

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Heck yeah, I can't get him off my mind today and so wish he could've seen it!! The Psyop managers are gonna have to be more careful with all their memes. CNN will forever be both sadly & hilariously associated with Very Fake News.

True Freedom Of the Press has hope yet. I had given up on that hope. Thank you CNN and our tell-it-like-it-is Prez.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I wonder how much eight years of absolute hero worship has caused them to lose their ability to be skeptically critical in a healthy way? The hero worship years must have drove out a lot of honest investigative journalists, by simply being banned from plying their trade and skills.

They basically went from zero vetting of Obama allowed with zero tolerance to hyper accelerated take down at any cost attack style journalism. They do not know how to subtley employ yellow journalism any more, they are like deer caught in the headlights.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

-Chris

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Gut...That was one of the best OP's I've read in ages.
Thank you for the incredible and rare perspective on this.

Tell me...Are there ANY journalists currently out there that you recognize as (even remotely) in the mold of you and your friend, Bill?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Wow, that story is heartbreaking. It kind of cut through the anger and just left me with a feeling of remorse.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

So well written!

Their whole handling of it all has been a bad joke. The entire notion of it has been deliberately vague, right in parallel with how vague the "Russian influence" has been. Was it hacking, or fake news, or propaganda, or outright rigging (hacking the voting systems), etc? It's best just keep it vague and pass Ministry of Truth legislation based on that and that's amore.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Repeat after me. "I am not being brainwashed".

edit on 18-2-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
But who gives the marching orders to the producers?
And do they all have an annual "convention"

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I worry that the MSM is only just getting started. For now they are being sloppy and obvious. Eventually that will change.

This may take a few generations, if ever, to fix.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Gut...That was one of the best OP's I've read in ages.
Thank you for the incredible and rare perspective on this.

Tell me...Are there ANY journalists currently out there that you recognize as (even remotely) in the mold of you and your friend, Bill?

That's so kind and thank you. It certainly was from my heart. The problem mostly lies in parent companies. The main way they pull it off is mostly through the News Director or Station Director or both---whomever has the power to tell the reporters what kind of stories and what the editorial position is. So anyone working in the MSM of today, even if they have ethics, have their hands tied.

I have been a fan of Ben Swann. Though not perfect, he has the right spirit in him it seems AND he was trailblazing and helping to create an Independent media in our baby-internet world. Online, the Corbett Report can be good.

It really isn't new, just unprecedented today. This one is worth it I think and shows the non-partisan nature of the MSM PSYOP beast:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Lol! Another perfect example! Nothing to see folks.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thank you, brudda! Nothing compared to your eye-opening and empirically solid DOUBLE FEATURE: Run for your lives: Invasion of the Fake News!

WOW! If anyone wants to know what we've become as a nation and how we were/are hoodwinked, it's like a Red Pill! Bam and you're enlightened and much wiser. Bravo.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Isn't that guy with the SS. Secret Service?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Wow, that story is heartbreaking. It kind of cut through the anger and just left me with a feeling of remorse.

Yeah and I apologize for that on one hand, but that's just one small reason why what President Trump said, for all to hear, WAS NOT an attack on freedom of the press, it was a wake up call for those who would pervert and subvert it.

He spoke EXACTLY what has been on many journalists heart & backs for a long time. Anyone with integrity who wasn't at work cheered lol.

Bill knew we loved him and respected the heck out of him though. After that, we always voted him best reporter in in-house to-do's and it drove upstairs crazy. One time the Station Manager who was the one who screwed him and then kept treating him like crap had to give him the award heheh. And he was tough, so it wasn't all bad for him.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Thanks, Gut.

Pretty amazing coincidence that Ben Swann's name just popped up in the OP of this other brand new thread...exactly 5 min. after you put up your post to which I'm responding.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-2-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The problem is Trump isnt calling out unethical news, He is calling anything critical of him fake news.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join