It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Wookiep

That is PRECISELY the point of this thread!

I think the point of this thread was to show that righties put lefties into a group supporting terrorism while not sharing that same narrative when a right leaning person commits a terrorist act. Well on this page alone, two non lefties have shown otherwise. I have no reason at all to believe the bulk of the right condones any form of terrorism even when it's within it's own ranks.

This is a totally lefty thread though, no denying that one. I'm slightly biased however because the OP is someone who has defended BLM, the riots and pretty much every other violent terrorist act the left does while stating the biggest threat to national security is "right wing terrorism". And I call BS on that.

edit on 18-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Oh I do not know much about the original poster but this thread pretty much proved there will always be maniacs on both sides and that we can call (or can't) call them for what they are, a left wing or right wing terrorists. Can't call them that and not accept the same on your side.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If we go by the strict definition of it, I came very, very close election night.

I was accosted by two idiots who seemed to think I was a Trump supporter...I wasn't then, and I'm a reluctant one now. They decided that they were going to beat me up for the crime of looking like a Trump supporter--their words, not mine.

Me? I'm looking around to see who the Hell they're talking about. Turns out it was me.

I'm not a small man, nor am I inclined to turn the other cheek much, neither am I exactly helpless. I am, however, well over 50 years old--and I don't need crap like that coming down the road at me. So, just as I'm about to take, shall we say, preemptive measures, a very nice young store employee came around the corner--and, bless him, ran for the phone, and security/big beefy dudes much younger than I...

If these idiots, and I'm calling out both sides on this issue, don't simmer down and back up a step or twelve someone is going to get hurt and/or killed. Those two idiots need to make sure of their targets...I carry both a knife and a handgun, and know how to use both. Don't want to--God forbid it should ever become necessary, but will if pressed to that point. I'm not alone in that. ...and these morons need to know that. Learn that. Most importantly, live it, so that they may continue to live.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Oh I do not know much about the original poster but this thread pretty much proved there will always be maniacs on both sides and that we can call (or can't) call them for what they are, a left wing or right wing terrorists. Can't call them that and not accept the same on your side.

I can agree that there are loonies on both sides. I'm pretty sure the majority of Americans have never denied that fact.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I have done exactly as one of the things I'm trying to point out in this thread, to not judge all by the few. I do not condone violence. I also refuse to accept this insistence that groups like BLM can be painted with a broad brush. I support BLM in general, I do not support rioting. I don't why post after post after post, you fail to either understand that or you fail to acknowledge so that you may paint me with that broad brush too.
edit on 2/18/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Funny, all of those acts of 'terrorism'. I wish I was there when they happened, would have been a laugh.

Trump won, hahahahahahaaaaaaa

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think the definition of Terrorism is too broad already, lets not expand it even further...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Seriously? Do you not remember the last 8 years? They've been talking about right wing extremists and the threat of homegrown right-wing domestic terrorism for ages now. So... They do call it right-wing terrorism. Maybe Trump won't, but Trump is now a politician. He'll talk about stuff the same way Obama, Clinton, or the Bush crew did, only with his own slant.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Painting any group with that infamous broad brush is a mistake.

It is, however, an easy one to make. We all do it. Every single one of us. God knows how many times I've done, completely unintentionally most times, maybe not so accidentally other times.

There is no shame in admitting that little fact.

BLM has made huge mistakes. Mistakes that have, through those mistakes, colored (totally unintended pun) the perceptions of them by many, dare I say most. Were they to acknowledge this, disown/denounce the ones stepping too far, it would go a long ways towards fixing their image problems.

Will they do that? I'm guessing no time soon. Hopefully I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

By doing away with it entirely, how is that broadening it?

If a man shoots another because of his skin color in an attempt to intimidate others is it not a crime? Why add yet another layer of criminality to what is already very serious consequences. Does death row get any more serious because it's terrorism, rather than murder?

I certainly don't think so.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I think the fact that you support BLM at all is a problem. You say it can't be painted with a broad brush, but the LEADERS of BLM have persistently proven that the organization as a whole is a terrorist organization.

It's the same with the riots, you say you condemn it, but all you really do is the same thing you always do which is say "don't lump all protesters together as rioters!" Which is fair, but you don't even acknowledge the violence AT ALL. You just repeat the same thing over and over about lumping people together. When you really should be loudly and clearly and publicly DENOUNCING all violence. Which you don't do.

So until that changes, I will persistently continue sharing my perspective towards you, and others like you.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I don't see denouncement as necessary though it has happened. If we are able to recognize humanity as the common denominator it shouldn't be too hard for the rest us to realize that there's assholes in all directions.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I think I misunderstood the post I was responding to. Apologies.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

If I may interject the common denominator is the media.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

If there's only peaceful protesters then who I am saying not to lump them in with. By saying don't lump them together I am exactly acknowledging that there are non peaceful ones.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Now that your thread has matured, please do update with a summary of how all the Trump people in here are in general support of those evil individuals in your OP.

My beef with the liberal horde isn't merely that people are doing wicked things in its name, but that when the threads come up the liberal regulars around here of all places all come running in to derail the discussions if not outright defend them.

Now I dont speak for anyone, unless you see me not living up to my own standards. And there it is.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

No problem.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Fine. But you still refuse to talk about the real problem, which is violence, and suppression of free speech (Milo), the attempts to shut down speeches etc etc. The left isn't denouncing it either, so you aren't alone. There are SOME who have, but they are largely ignored. The left needs restoration. Contrary to what you might think, I don't want to see it disappear. The SJW narrative is killing the left though.

Again, look into Dave Rubin, he was formerly with the Young Turks, but had to leave it. Too much hate and covering up violence and persistent labeling of people whom disagree. Get the left back!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's much, if not the majority, of the problem.

We're much too enamored of the 30 second sound bite for our own good. Or the 140 word tweet. The two minute you tube video. All of which attempt, and fail more often than not, condense the world into easy to digest bites. It just doesn't work that way.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

why is acknowledging anything needed? Does Kali speak on behalf of anyone who identifies as "liberal" or "democrat"?

Do we have to spend some time each day finding things to denounce so we can point to some inane internet record of us taking a position on something that, to most folks, is kind of understood. For example, i've never come out and condemned Charles Manson, but do I need to?

Its the worst of partisan thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join