It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ok well, just don't use that as your excuse an then go on to complain about the volume of Trump threads or whatever. You know how propaganda fails?? By ignoring it. Because if you know it is propaganda, and you ignore it, then you win! You don't become upset, offended, or appalled! You won't contribute to partisan rhetoric and divisiveness, and you do not get sucked into the mud to frolic with the trolls. Victory is being able to spend an hour on ATS without pissing yourself off arguing with people you disagree with.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What you've listed out are the acts of individuals or small groups (2-3) of people.

Wikipedia has the Patriot Act defining Domestic Terrorism as:

Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended – (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

Wikipedia

Again, it's from Wikipedia, so don't bet the farm on it. But as a starting point, assuming its accurate, the number of people involved doesn't seem to be a factor in whether its considered terrorism or not.

Seems to me like the minimum necessary qualities are that it's about influencing a government by intimidation or coercion, and that the specific act would be criminal even without the motivation to influence a government.

It's sort of interesting, I'd say that there is a element of coercion and an attempt to intimidate involved in many of the protests since the election but protesting isn't a crime, so lacking the underlying crime it's not legally, (or really), terrorism. But given the elements of coercion and attempt to intimidate, they can kind of smell like it. Throw in a Molotov cocktail, burn a car, assault a few people and I think one could argue that it rises to some level of terrorism.

I think it's hard to argue that some of the crimes listed in the op meet the requirement to influence or intimidate government. Some though, the thwarted attempt to bomb the apartment building, bombings of abortion clinics and the like could be convincingly argued to rise to some level of terrorism

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Member NLBS's last video about Right Wing terrorism and how upset conservatives got? Prepare your flame retardant suit!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Sounds like Barry's people acting like Trump supporters.

Indeed, That's the money shot right there.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

and being posted in the Pit, you understand my skepticism.

It's the most unrestricted forum we have, I like some wiggle room

Also I think mud slinging can be productive.

I'd also defend the Left in the same way knowing that most on the Left do not consider the radical, violent groups associated with the Left to be a part of them.

Now you'll have to forgive my skepticism because there have been tons of anti Left spam threads lately but I don't see your comments in any of them.

Why do you imply in the title that the hate groups are a legitimate part of the Right? See what I'm getting at?

Because they are part of the Right. Just like Antifa are part of the Left.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
but dont forget kids, muslims are bad bad people.

We wont.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Because Obama taught us that it is not ok to that specific when it comes to terrorism and that it would be racist to point at a entire ideology in such cases. So were is your support for his reasoning now?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Has a Conservative asked you to accept UC Berkley guilt regarding the denial of free speech

Oh yes. Many, many times.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
after almost 4 months of liberal rioting,assaults and calling trump supporters every vile name in the book are you surprised that some trump supporters are literally fighting back?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

By killing people?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

of course, there are a lot of people out there who aren`t mentally stable and when you push them too far they do crazy violent things. it`s all fun and games until you push the crazies too far and they go postal on your a$$.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Has a Conservative asked you to accept UC Berkley guilt regarding the denial of free speech

Oh yes. Many, many times.

....apparently with little effect, now you understand.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Understand what? Those "far left" people are not representative of us, just like how those Trump maniacs are not representatives of you guys.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Understand what? Those "far left" people are not representative of us, just like how those Trump maniacs are not representatives of you guys.

Thank you, that is the point...however, the only maniacs I have seen are the Antifa.....

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You didn't read the OP, did you?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That's because I don't care for the Mud Pit, not because I have no opinion. I prefer reasoned, rational debate when discussing topics, in particular ones of this type.

Why would you assume I'm not being forthcoming because I failed to post in irrational debates?

I don't associate Antifa with the Democrats anymore than I associate the White Supremacists with the Republicans. They are fringe groups who are very much separate and distinct from the majority of people on both sides, who are for the most part reasonable people. It may seem otherwise since the vast majority of us who are rational, don't make good news or fodder for partisan hate targets. In my case I don't subscribe to either Party as I think belonging to a Party paints a person inside of a box and makes them susceptible to the partisan hate politicians use to divide and control.
edit on 2/18/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That's because I don't care for the Mud Pit, not because I have no opinion. I prefer reasoned, rational debate when discussing topics, in particular ones of this type.

Why would you assume I'm not being forthcoming because I failed to post in irrational debates?

I don't associate Antifa with the Democrats anymore than I associate the White Supremacists with the Republicans. They are fringe groups who are very much separate and distinct from the majority of people on both sides, who are for the most part reasonable people. It may seem otherwise since the vast majority of us who are rational, don't make good news or fodder for partisan hate targets. In my case I don't subscribe to either Party as I think belonging to a Party paints a person inside of a box and makes them susceptible to the partisan hate politicians use to divide and control.

If the rest is so reasonable why do they allow such groups to attend their protests in the first place? Why is it so freaking hard to stand up to them? Why is nobody telling them they aren't welcome at such events? Is it fear or cowardice? Antifa is really hurting the left but nobody is willing to do anything about it. Could someone please explain the logic behind all of this.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

That all you can find? I can find at least a hundred of terrorist leftists attacking Trump supporters if I felt like it.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Why is nobody telling them they aren't welcome at such events?

Did they know they were going to show up?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Perhaps because the WH Nazi spin machine happens to be a bunch or snow white right wingers?
They/Trump cannot handle criticism, so they attack and lie and spin their 'alternative self-serving facts'...
They are the true delicate doily snowflakes, looking in the mirror and pointing... at Hillary, at Obama, at 'liberals', at 'democrats', at anything to take the light from their own corruption!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join