It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nope. As I've stated numerous threads, it is foolish to expect anyone to apologize for what 'their own kind' does. I don't apologize for any of the current Antifa running around starting fires and punching people, I don't expect anyone on 'your side' to apologize for what Dylann Roof did or any of the things listed in the OP. I don't expect Muslims to apologize for ISIS.

What I hope for is that we can stop demonizing each other, that we can root out the type of fundamentalism that drives terrorism and violence.

I see nothing but words, yet by your past posts your words proves you are not sincere! Don't tell me you, a self proclaimed anarchist have NOT made excuses for the so called peaceful protestors whom have beaten people bloody because in their delusional minds they saw a "NAZI"!

I am not going to waste my time going back to your previous posts to look them up, but if anyone else has the time and feel FROGGY?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Kali ... in response to your OP (as I just realized I hadn't even responded to you) ... here's what I see.

What you've listed out are the acts of individuals or small groups (2-3) of people.

Yes, they seem to be using "Trump" as an ideological basis to justify their actions ... but they are either lone wolves or small packs.

Compare that with the activities of (and I can't believe I'm going to use this term) professional agitators that we have seen at several protests ... in Washington at the Inauguration, in Portland anti-Trump protests, and in Berkeley at the "Milo" event.

There are folks who are intent on doing violence and sowing dissent. They are using the protests as their aegis (and probably, yes, bringing some of the other protesters along for the ride ... in the group mentality/herd/lemming effect that such things can have).

Of course, not all American Democrats, liberals, leftists, progressives, etc. (whatever label valid or invalid we choose to use) are doing these things, nor do they approve of them, as so many of our friends here are so fond of claiming over and over again.

I certainly do not approve of violence against anyone except in self-defense, whatever category anyone wants to put me in ...

But I do see a difference in the two groups of examples ...
edit on 18-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think it's common knowledge that there are bad people in all groups, all races and all cultures.

It should be at least.

It's actually something that does not need said when talking to any person with even moderate intelligence.

One would hope but looking at the threads posted on ATS lately, not so much. It's anti left, anti Muslim, anti immigrant spam.

I'm not engaging in tit for tat either but attempting to illustrate, ultimately, that violence and terrorism are human problems. I think I stated that pretty clearly in my OP.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I have stated in numerous threads that there is no excuse for violence. Back up your claims or stop making them.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

"Donald Trump supporter" being used to reference someone is as loaded a dog whistle comment as there is.

It's done that way for a reason, I had hoped the rest of my OP would illustrate something but the triggering was too strong...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do your best to walk the walk.

I cannot control anyone but myself, and even that is sometimes beyond me.
But just walk the walk. Be the change. Enough lightning bugs shine, the night turns to day. That sort of thing.

Its the best I can offer. I march to my own drum, but others are welcome to join and call it a parade.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

"Donald Trump supporter" being used to reference someone is as loaded a dog whistle comment as there is.

It's done that way for a reason, I had hoped the rest of my OP would illustrate something but the triggering was too strong...

"Donald Trump supporter" is a meme that is rampant across media, both mainstream and social. Its a phrase always used as a lead in for some terrible behavior. Its only purpose is as a dog whistle, to catch peoples attention and guide it in a specific way.

Be that change.

FwIW, your OP illutrated your point well. Im just telling you where it created the kneejerk divisive responses: that dog whistle is just too strong of a silent sound.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I agree.

... and not for nothing, that's a pretty good description of "liberty."

Thanks, Texan.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

These are not even the actual headlines but editorialized to mirror the actual headlines on Right Wing news sites.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You take one instance and try to diminish the overall point of the thread. It's a tactic, you know it, I know it.

Oh ... you must want a second instance. How about the second source linked.

You know ... the one about the psychotic body-builder who ate his victim's face.

Oh ... but, he happened to own a Trump Hat.

I kind'a like this dance.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

One would hope but looking at the threads posted on ATS lately, not so much. It's anti left, anti Muslim, anti immigrant spam.
I'm not engaging in tit for tat either but attempting to illustrate, ultimately, that violence and terrorism are human problems.

The simple solution is to end YOUR participation in those threads. You have already debated your points a multitude of times in scores of threads, as well as those who back you up and those who argue against. But they keep going because that is what people choose to participate in. I visit many threads and forums here. I rarely pop into these types of threads, and you will notice I did not engage in, "oh but what about this side, or what about them!! I swear if it was so and so, wed never hear the end of it, or if it was so and so, you wouldnt hear a thing about it!"

These are the type of broken record arguments we have to dismiss, ignore, and not participate in. I will see thee circular arguments carry o for pages between only a handful of members. It actaully makes things easy sometimes because its faster to skim through knowing which member are focused on partisan rhetoric.

If you want to try something fresh, give the HIV detection chip thread I have in my sig a visit, and maybe see if you can assist me with finding out if the institution that funded it received their grant money from globalist or Agenda 21 donors??? See, it really is quite easy to ignore and refuse to participate in these partisan divisive tabloid threads about our POTUS or political ideology.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You take one instance and try to diminish the overall point of the thread. It's a tactic, you know it, I know it.

Oh ... you must want a second instance. How about the second source linked.

You know ... the one about the psychotic body-builder who ate his victim's face.

Oh ... but, he happened to own a Trump Hat.

I kind'a like this dance.

I made my take on the OP clear above. Those are instances of individuals or small groups of people. Read what I said.

Now, I'd like you to back up what you said and show me where I'm saying ANYTHING about a generic "Right" here.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Is it ludicrous? As ludicrous as equating all liberals with the Antifa activists on the West Coast or all BLM activists with a black guy on Twitter that wasn't even affiliated with BLM calling for the death of cops and white people?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

Is it ludicrous? As ludicrous as equating all liberals with the Antifa activists on the West Coast or all BLM activists with a black guy on Twitter that wasn't even affiliated with BLM calling for the death of cops and white people?

Ah ... the "third point" emerges ...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Im an onion...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Silence doesn't work to negate propaganda.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

With this title -

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

- and being posted in the Pit, you understand my skepticism.

Right Wing describes nearly half the population of the US and I highly doubt most on the Right, consider the hate groups to be legitimate members of the Right. I'd also defend the Left in the same way knowing that most on the Left do not consider the radical, violent groups associated with the Left to be a part of them.

Why do you imply in the title that the hate groups are a legitimate part of the Right? See what I'm getting at?

The KKK started out as a group made up of mostly Democrats, but are now considered to be Republicans, when in fact they are neither. Growing up in the later half of the 1950's and in the 1960's I know for a fact who the racists at that time associated themselves with, even if history were rewritten as has been attempted. Too connect them to any group other than themselves is wrong minded and only meant to divide, bait and insult. We need to get past that and communicate honestly.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I am sorry. I accept them as my own, all of them that your ilk consider on my side. I will pay your tribe reparations. On one condition. Say sorry and pay reparations to my tribe for your tribes misdeeds.

We will count up the crimes. $1 per property damage, $5 per assault, $10 per torture, $20 per murder, false flags and hoaxes go against your tribe at double rate. Who ends up with more money? We will start at Jan 1st 2014 to today. Only crimes in the US

This is what you want right? why else would you bring this up.
Let's compare and contrast which group are bigger terrorist.

Comparing muslims is a total misnomer. An insignificant amount of the population, most are in the US because they are successful and have high IQ's. the Intelligence Agencies also spend billions and billions to prevent this tiny group(muslims) from committing crimes.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I saw a list posted of recent terror attacks or thwarted terror attack or other acts of violence that have been committed by White Nationalists...

The difference between violence from the left and violence from the right, is that violence from the left is organized, sanctioned, funded, and supported from the highest levels of leadership, with their zealots and thugs being firmly protected from any real repercussions.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

I would hope that you would have read beyond the title...

I must have read beyond the title, given that I noted your acknowledgement that the violence happens on both sides... I hope you read beyond your title, since you addressed absolutely nothing in my reply.

...I do specifically say other kinds of violence as well.

As I already noted.

The president won't acknowledge any of it. In fact when asked by an Israeli reporter about the rise in antisemitism, Trump answered by talking about his electoral win. That's worrisome and appears protectionist in context with all the other stuff.

Um, so is your question really why doesn't Trump "call it what it is?"

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in Trump's head... but for me, my original answer still applies:

...I'm going to say it's not considered terrorism because there's no political goal or purpose. It's just a bunch of violent idiots being violent idiots and using Trump as their excuse.

edit on 18-2-2017 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join