It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yes. I don't know what's so hard about accepting that there's idiots coming from your own side of (insert situation/beliefs here). I know there's violent, extremist Leftists... I don't want them on my side, I don't want them to hurt anyone in the name of a cause I believe in so the thing for me to do is not pretend it doesn't happen but call it out when it does and state that it's unacceptable. I don't feel weakened by acknowledging the monsters behind my side of the line.

I frequently say that it's a human problem, not a problem from any specific demographic. People from every single demographic commit violence, both against themselves and against others. But the double standards on how those demographics are treated is what pisses me off.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
a reply to: seeker1963

Sorry, I'm a busy person, so I installed a plugin on my browser that censors out nonsense for me, so I had a hard time reading your post. It ended up looking like this to me:

Make [Nonsense and lack of substance] [Buzzword][Buzzword] your [Rhetoric] [Buzzword]!

[Buzzword][Buzzword][Buzzword][Buzzword][Buzzword][Rhetoric][Rhetoric][Trolling][Buzzword]!

Better luck next time!

No problem!

I expect nothing less than those hypocritical enough to say we need to have a discussion?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

And I thought we were achieving a wondrous new dialog in another thread. I was sure I was going to find you here telling the left to knock it off with all the propaganda.

But ... I was w-r-o-n-g. If find you right here dishing it out with the best of 'em.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I expect nothing less than those hypocritical enough to say we need to have a discussion?

I didn't say we need to have a discussion. But if I had said such a thing, I would have phrased it as "we need to have a substantive discussion". And I would not have attempted to have it on the internet. With you.
edit on 18-2-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

this is how you know when you are a very virtuous person.

Oh, I thought I had to read a book written 2000 years ago by a bunch of goat-herders in order to be virtuous. This is a great relief! Thank you for setting my mind at ease.

I just find it funny how hypocritical you are. Self awareness not your strong point.

You should have just said, Pat me on the back because I hate Christians and it's cool to hate Christians.
edit on 18-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

a reply to: Kali74
In all my time, I never met a Muslim person that I felt scared of.
I meet Christians on a daily basis who scare the ever-loving s**t out of me.

Same. Maybe it's because only level headed, sane, and balanced Muslims seem to excel in Western society? The Muslims I encounter don't seem nearly as fanatical as the right-wing media portrays them ... whereas the evangelical and 'non-denominational' Christians I work/interact with consider themselves "Crusaders" or something. They love bringing up anti-Muslim topics out of the blue, sometimes with alarming statements related to killing them all.

That's funny because I happen to be a "nondenominational" Christian and I don't really spend my work time talking about Muslims. I have other topics to talk about, assuming I am talking about random things at all.

I do have a boss who took a sick day on inauguration day to nurse her Trump headache (hangover) from being so upset he won.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Gryphon66

And I thought we were achieving a wondrous new dialog in another thread. I was sure I was going to find you here telling the left to knock it off with all the propaganda.

But ... I was w-r-o-n-g. If find you right here dishing it out with the best of 'em.

Dishing out what? This thread is not about me ... but I'm glad to discuss this with you briefly.

What are you talking about? The OP here is not "propaganda" but documented acts of violence and murder?

Go ahead, show me where I'm being insulting to anyone here. I'm glad to take correction.

But don't simply troll the thread so you can snipe at me. Please.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Yes. I don't know what's so hard about accepting that there's idiots coming from your own side of (insert situation/beliefs here). I know there's violent, extremist Leftists... I don't want them on my side, I don't want them to hurt anyone in the name of a cause I believe in so the thing for me to do is not pretend it doesn't happen but call it out when it does and state that it's unacceptable. I don't feel weakened by acknowledging the monsters behind my side of the line.

I frequently say that it's a human problem, not a problem from any specific demographic. People from every single demographic commit violence, both against themselves and against others. But the double standards on how those demographics are treated is what pisses me off.

Yes every group commit violence, but some groups commit violence at much higher rates than others.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I didn't say we need to have a discussion. But if I had said such a thing, I would have phrased it as "we need to have a substantive discussion". And I would not have attempted to have it on the internet. With you.

Then why are you here?

Paycheck........maybe?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I think it's common knowledge that there are bad people in all groups, all races and all cultures. It's actually something that does not need said when talking to any person with even moderate intelligence. The vast majority of the Right are embarrassed and revolted by the fact that people like you point out are even considered part of the Right. Is it necessary that people spend any of their time pointing out the obvious and pointing out that these creeps you mention are not even remotely representative of the group as a whole? That they are the exception and not the rule?

Isn't your real reason behind posting this to insult people, to bait them by implying if they don't constantly run around denouncing people, pretty much everyone knows they have no connection too in reality, they are somehow guilty by association?

If your real point is one of uniting, by pointing out all groups, even those you consider yourself a part of include some very bad people, your OP does not seem to convey that, since you take the tactic of going after one group and only one group.

This would have been a more honest and more enlightening topic had it not been presented in the way it is being presented here in an attempt to insult one group by pretending they are guilty by association?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A tishirt labels me. Thats nice. Its the reason I don't wear branded items. I don't really want to be labelled under someone elses brand.

"Ralph Lauren customer wipes booger on random strangers"

But does having a a Ralph Lauren hat make me his customer? Or a fan of the brand? Since im wearing a Ralph logo, im not branded as something Ralph Lauren?

Its absurd when its deconstructed. So cases of people wearing apparel and being labelled are silly.

Further, its silly to promote politics to such a lofty position as being a defining characteristic of someone. "Donald Trump supporter" being used to reference someone is as loaded a dog whistle comment as there is.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nope. As I've stated numerous threads, it is foolish to expect anyone to apologize for what 'their own kind' does. I don't apologize for any of the current Antifa running around starting fires and punching people, I don't expect anyone on 'your side' to apologize for what Dylann Roof did or any of the things listed in the OP. I don't expect Muslims to apologize for ISIS.

What I hope for is that we can stop demonizing each other, that we can root out the type of fundamentalism that drives terrorism and violence.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

But is that what the Constitution and Liberty and Freedom is about?

The Constitution also declared that Congress was in charge of printing money and attaching a value to said currency, but apparently that wasn't worth controlling, hence the Federal Reserve.

You can thank the Rothschild business model for that one. Where do you think the funding is coming from? Soros and Kissinger are intermediaries.

edit on 18-2-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why not engage with others here rather than posting trite insulting memes and garbage?

Give us some facts!

Oh, triggered already?

Give us some facts

Ok this sums up your side,

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

[snip]

Further, its silly to promote politics to such a lofty position as being a defining characteristic of someone. "Donald Trump supporter" being used to reference someone is as loaded a dog whistle comment as there is.

Spot on. So those of us who see this .... what do we do in a proactive way to oppose the endless categorization that means nothing and INDEED, is at the heart of the forces dividing us?

How do we get beyond "US and THEM" in our responses?

link   

The OP here is not "propaganda" but documented acts of violence and murder?

But ... but ... but ... the thread is about right wing terrorism. Not some looney-tune who:

had killed ... his father Rich at a car dealership earlier that evening

Careful, bro, you're painting the right with a broad brush when you jump in with both feet before even bothering to read the first 'hit piece'.

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Yes every group commit violence, but some groups commit violence at much higher rates than others.

True.

And given that humans are human, and people are the same everywhere, you have to ask yourself "why?".

Is it a grouping that is social, and could just acquire more psychopaths? Or is it something that isn't a choice and thus does not acquire members, such as race or national origin? If that is the case, you might be able to figure out what would causes normal people to lash out more frequently. Im sure there is a cause.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

More memes.

No, nothing there has anything to do with me, and the only "side" I am on is me, myself and I.

When you would like to discuss something of substance with me, I'm glad to do so.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The OP here is not "propaganda" but documented acts of violence and murder?

But ... but ... but ... the thread is about right wing terrorism. Not some looney-tune who:

had killed ... his father Rich at a car dealership earlier that evening

Careful, bro, you're painting the right with a broad brush when you jump in with both feet before even bothering to read the first 'hit piece'.

I'm not painting "the Right" as anything.

Quote what you're talking about.

You take one instance and try to diminish the overall point of the thread. It's a tactic, you know it, I know it.

Show me where I have made a generic statement about "the Right" or "right-wingers" or anything similar in this thread.

And if you can't, and you'd like to actually talk about something relevant that I've actually said ... I'm here for you.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

What I hope for is that we can stop demonizing each other, that we can root out the type of fundamentalism that drives terrorism and violence.

You will never eliminate terrorism and violence if the end result (that some want) is only achieved through terrorism and violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join