It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

even more silly: that those definitions change depending on the rhetoric du jour.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

OK, when someone brings in a liberal leaning speaker, even a very inflammatory one, to a more conservative place to speak, do we see anything like the Berkeley riots?

ANTIFA

And that proves what exactly? That the right is fascist and the left is not? Get over yourself.

When you set out to fight a monster you should be careful not to become that which you fear.

Again, you are attributing things I didn't say to me; this is one of our communication issues.

I pointed you to the group that committed and instigated the violence in Berkeley.

ANTIFA, anyone using "black bloc" techniques, are, indeed fascists themselves.

We agree.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Kali74

I don't associate Antifa with the Democrats anymore than I associate the White Supremacists with the Republicans.

I think Antifa are useful idiots. I also think that the Democrats would ally themselves with the Devil himself if they thought it would provide a even a short-term gain. So, I think the Democrats are supporting and encouraging Antifa because it lets them drive chaotic and violent wedges into the cracks in society while still remaining at arms-length, allowing them to sell their own temper tantrum as "the people speaking up" or whatever bull# they're currently claiming.

White Supremacists are a personification of the ugliest aspect of national pride and the vast majority of the right despise them. Antifa are the Democrat's "plausible deniability" and the left loves them.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Wookiep

why is acknowledging anything needed? Does Kali speak on behalf of anyone who identifies as "liberal" or "democrat"?

Do we have to spend some time each day finding things to denounce so we can point to some inane internet record of us taking a position on something that, to most folks, is kind of understood. For example, i've never come out and condemned Charles Manson, but do I need to?

Its the worst of partisan thinking.

No..not even close.

One group wants America to burn and also somehow remain where all refugees should pile into..and pretty much all of them inwardly believe this must happen.

The other wants to slow down the devestation that is taking place and the demons are screeching.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
GASP!!!

You mean, there are idiots of ALL persuasions?

Get out!!!

Funny though, there just seems to be a whole lot more from one side than the other.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
GASP!!!

You mean, there are idiots of ALL persuasions?

Get out!!!

Funny though, there just seems to be a whole lot more from one side than the other.

Yeah?

Isn't it interesting that the other "side" thinks the same thing?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This happeens so often with extreme ideologies. Left, right, or religious. They're all the same. Always blaming some other group for their problems. Then a couple wackos come along and think they have the solution.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

ANIFA is a international "organization."

Just as a note.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
For every one of those you posted you can find an equivalent where someone has been beat up or maimed for the crime of wearing a Trump shirt or having a Trump sticker on their car. The fear of announcing you are a Trump supporter is far higher than the fear of announcing you are a Hillary supporter. Having said that, ALL acts of violence like this ought to be condemned.

Prove it, mister library. Show us. Show us one CONFIRMED and VERIFIED personal attack and/or maiming for EACH of those listed in the OP. SHOW US. Show us where and when one or several Trump voters were injured by someone who didn't want him. ESPECIALLY show us any attacks by anyone who wanted Bernie.

Walk the talk.
edit on 2/19/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

And none of this "Soros paid them" --- that is utter rubbish, and YOU DAMWELL KNOW IT. How you, an educated person, can admit you voted for this monster is beyond me.

edit on 2/19/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think Kellyanne Conway would respond like this:

“Why don’t you believe him? Why isn’t it taken at face value?”
“You can’t give him the benefit of the doubt on this and he’s telling you what was in his heart? You want to go with what’s come out of his mouth rather than what’s in his heart.”

So maybe they really think they can get away with throwing out vague & unsubstantiated BS?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

They think they can by silencing news outlets, and promoting FICTION. When outlets like The National Enquirer, Breitbart, WND, and Infowars are being held up as "true" news, we are in deep, deep trouble.

I saw an interesting tv program the other day about a South Korean effort to help North Koreans get 'restricted' materials like books, audio discs, movies, etc: the old fellow made a makeshift balloon out of plastic wrap, to which he tied a bundle of items "forbidden" across the border. He filled it with helium, and set it free ---- the camera watched it drifting north until it was out of view.

When people in positions of authority threaten to "disappear", or "silence" any dissident speech or 'unacceptable reporting, and insist on putting 'alternate facts' in front of us, well --- it's really no different than when at the very inception of this Republic there was a REASON that only educated people got to vote.

And CNN is not fake news. Neither is MSNBC. Hell, even O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly have jumped the rat-infested ship that is Fox. Maybe Trump and Bannon actually intended only to make "TRUMP TV" a thing....a new cable network to rival Alex Jones and other trash like that. And when he won, they were like --- oh! Wow! Okay, so.....how do we...erm...how does this work?

It's so revolting. What's even more revolting is the distressing insistence by apparently sane grown-ups that Trump isn't lying. HOW IS THIS OKAY? IN WHAT WORLD IS THIS OKAY?

The Third World, and the DKRP and Russia and China, I guess.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I don't associate Antifa with the Democrats anymore than I associate the White Supremacists with the Republicans.

I think Antifa are useful idiots. I also think that the Democrats would ally themselves with the Devil himself if they thought it would provide a even a short-term gain.

And I think thou projecteth too much...

Principles only mean something if you stick by them when they are INCONVENIENT...

Watching a large portion of the GOP speak about American Principles when it appeared Trump would lose, only to abandon those purported principles when he won was illuminating.

The GOP keep trying to tell themselves that Trump is a useful fascist idiot...That they need to shut their eyes...That this opportunity in power can not be squandered..

There is ALWAYS a great price when you sell your soul to get what you want..That is just the way life works.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It might be an even simpler answer. "Morals only matter when you lose" (I've heard that before but can't remember where). Ironically, I'm not that worried about the "fake news & tabloids are real news" angle. The part that worries me the most is the blatant disregard for the intelligence community. I don't trust a lot of things about the CIA, but they still can provide invaluable data. And they're only 1 of the 17 intelligence agencies (ETA: supposedly there are 17).

I honestly believe Trump's team is disregarding all of the facts, disregarding right wing terror, demonizing any form of legitimate news, and ignoring the intelligence community for a much bigger & more sinister reason. I think they're trying to set up their own "9/11" or "catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor" (as the PNAC put it)! And I'm not joking.

People have forgotten that in Bush's first year, his approval ratings were low and he was still widely considered a buffoon. The majority of Americans at the time were ignorant of who Al Qaeda, the Taliban, & Wahhabis in general were. The US defense budget was also greatly reduced under the previous Democratic President. During this time, the Bush administration completely ignored and dismissed the intelligence reports that detailed the suspicions of a new Al Qaeda attack in the US.

Then 9/11 & the anthrax "attacks" happened. Bush's approval rating skyrocketed, the Patriot Act was passed, we started officially torturing and using "indefinite detention", the defense budget skyrocketed, and Bush got to handpick whichever enemies he wanted. Even though the official story says 22 men in a criminal organization planned and committed the terror attacks, Bush was able to convince people that the entire Afghan govt was responsible. We ended up overtly invading Afghanistan and Iraq, while also launching new military attacks and setting up new bases all over the world. And any domestic resistance was stifled as new treasonous. Bush even had "4th Amendment exclusion zones".

I think that Trump's team is trying to set up the same type of situation. I think they're intentionally stonewalling the intelligence community so they can claim "plausible deniability" when their 9/11 happens. And I think they're delegitimizing real news right now so they can paint whatever enemy they choose as the "real culprit" for their 9/11. And I think they're refusing to focus on right wing terrorism because they probably think they can take advantage of any right wing terrorist attack to further promote their goals. Remember, Trump's team even used the right wing's Canadian terror attack on a mosque as proof that we should keep his travel ban (HERE).

Don't forget the most important lesson of the Bush administration. No matter how incompetent they were, no matter how corrupt they were, and no matter how many veteran and foreign lives were ruined because of them, they still got away with it & convinced the public that they were too incompetent to be held responsible for anything. Dubya, Bolton, Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Condolezza, Paulson, and the rest of the gang are all walking around as legally free people. I think Trump's team saw that and knows they can get away with it, too.
edit on 19-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Because they would then have to call Left Wing Terrorism what it is as well.

And there are multitude more of these kind of attacks and that breaks the MSM / Leftist narrative.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

ahhh, Mr. Hyperbole....i know thee well.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yes, thanks for adding that to the thread. I forget that not everyone knows those things. I came across Jeremy Scahill's "Dirty Wars" a few years ago, and read it with horror.
Those men are guilty of war crimes, and it is terrifying.

I think that it's either your idea that is spot on, or that Trump is being played (or paid or promised something) if he'll just do this. It is crystal clear that the man doesn't realize how far off he is on what is real and what is important. I've felt this way since last summer. I actually feel sorry for him when I think of it that way.

How can anyone be this way and be anything but preposterous? I dunno. I read Taylor Caldwell's "Captains and The Kings" about 10 years ago, for a second time, and it is a chilling book about the "deep state" - the military/industrial complex - and the shadow figures who decide things, sell arms to both sides, smuggle stuff and 'disappear' people...and that was all LEADING UP TO THE CIVIL WAR.

100 years later, JFK was assissinated. He didn't want to go along with the dastardly plot to implicate Cuba ((0peration Northwoods). And even longer ago, I read "The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and The Road to 9/11" by Lawrence Wright.

It's like I'm watching everyone around me go insane now, based on fiction or disinformation or simple withholding I can't say -- but it's mind-blowing. I can only face it for a few minutes a day, in episodes spread out over hours. I have to watch comedy and produced shows and movies to keep myself from going mad.

I've managed to get my blood pressure down to "normal" at least once during a day by rationing my exposure, and also by eating better. I really cherish my friends right about now.....

out here in cyberspace, or in real life.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Generally right wingers like to project their own thoughts and values onto others. All the criticisms they have of the so called violent left actually apply to them as your examples show.

But don't let them condition you to believe that both sides are equally bad, because they aren't. It is a typical tactic used by them to try to normalize their actions. There is a reason why right wing extremist groups are generally considered to be much more of a terrorist threat than their left wing counterparts.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Because they would then have to call Left Wing Terrorism what it is as well.

And there are multitude more of these kind of attacks and that breaks the MSM / Leftist narrative.

For example .... ?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WWnNEAWaremine
Generally right wingers like to project their own thoughts and values onto others. All the criticisms they have of the so called violent left actually apply to them as your examples show.

But don't let them condition you to believe that both sides are equally bad, because they aren't. It is a typical tactic used by them to try to normalize their actions. There is a reason why right wing extremist groups are generally considered to be much more of a terrorist threat than their left wing counterparts.

Generally left wingers like to project their own thoughts and values onto others. All the criticisms they have of the so called violent right actually apply to them as your examples show.

But don't let them condition you to believe that both sides are equally bad, because they aren't. It is a typical tactic used by them to try to normalize their actions. There is a reason why left wing extremist groups are generally considered to be much more of a terrorist threat than their right wing counterparts.

It's amazing, isn't it. Both sides say exactly the same about the other. Both sides believe exactly the same about the other. It's a funny old world.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Wookiep

why is acknowledging anything needed? Does Kali speak on behalf of anyone who identifies as "liberal" or "democrat"?

Do we have to spend some time each day finding things to denounce so we can point to some inane internet record of us taking a position on something that, to most folks, is kind of understood. For example, i've never come out and condemned Charles Manson, but do I need to?

Its the worst of partisan thinking.

No..not even close.

One group wants America to burn and also somehow remain where all refugees should pile into..and pretty much all of them inwardly believe this must happen.

The other wants to slow down the devestation that is taking place and the demons are screeching.

What a bag of lies. Let's try this:

One "side" wants to "Make America Great Again", meaning it was better when black people and women could not vote (note Ann Coulter's comments on how much better the world would be if women didn't vote). They're okay with an erosion of rights up to and including fascism because they believe those rights will be taken from people who don't look like them or believe in the same things they do whilst their benevolent dictator looks out for their interests (they will "never be ignored again"). They have learned from the PC days how to communicate these unacceptable desires in a way that they can always slither away from, but they cheer when Trump declares the free press to be an enemy of the people and flirts with rejecting the fundamental checks and balances of United States governance. They are cryptofascists.

The other side has ethics, believes in the constitution, and supports the rule of law. Most real Republicans are on this side right along with most Democrats.

I'd say that's a much more accurate depiction.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join