It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The hate and violence is not just on the right.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I am going to respond to you the same way people here responded to me.

You used the DM as a news source! Are you crazy? They are a complete and total waste of time. Your entire post loses credibility because of it. Aren't you being a bit extreme? Is it an act of terror every time you throw a punch now? Haven't you considered the idea that it could be left wing nut jobs wearing Trump t-shirts doing this stuff? Can you PROVE it wasn't?

There. Now realize that no matter what your response is I will tear it down and spin it back at you - just like the left wingers did to me. Isn't this fun?

Or, instead of another, Right wingers are terrorists, Right wingers are terrorists, Right wingers are terrorists, (disclaimer - all people are capable of evil), Right wingers are terrorists, Right wingers are terrorists, ad nauseam - to the point of inducing nausea, a point you successfully reached half way in to your post, you address the real issues facing this nation and its people.

I understand your need to portray conservatives as terrorists. It is an attempt at making liberals look like their riots, looting, vandalism, and attacks look more like protests and less like the acts of terror they really are. This is a last ditch effort to save what is left of your crumbling world. But it is too little too late. The liberals throwing temper tantrums in the streets will soon be squelched and that will be the end of it. Nothing left but the crying, which the left has a real good start on...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

... but you're perfectly okay with all the claims here that "the Left" are all terrorists/Nazis/etc.?

That doesn't tweak any of the logic centers in your brain ... even a little bit?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

... but you're perfectly okay with all the claims here that "the Left" are all terrorists/Nazis/etc.?

That doesn't tweak any of the logic centers in your brain ... even a little bit?

But thats just it - I don't think the left are all terrorists/nazis/etc. But I do think their actions of late are. Here is one for the logic centers in your brain: compare the actions taken by the right after obama won to the actions taken by the left after Trump won. Be honest now, which side looks more like terrorists? There were isolated incidents after obama won. But there is an organized nation wide effort going on now. That meets all the requirements, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Let me rephase your first sentence and see if it makes sense to you:

The Left are not all Nazis, but all their recent actions are like Nazis.

The logic centers in my brain tell me that vague collective terms like "The Right" and "The Left" are merely meaningless rhetorical devices.

You are talking about millions of individuals and claiming that they are all acting like Nazis.

Is that really what you want to say?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I love being in the middle of the road.

It's like standing in the median of a highway where the left is going one way and the right is going the other way, the whole time they are shouting obscenities and giving each other the finger.

No one ever just waves hello.
edit on R302017-02-19T08:30:03-06:00k302Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Did anyone mention the racist white guy that shot 5 BLM protestors?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I wish reality were like a two lane road ... however, in my experience, it's more like this ...

(Please note, in the first few frames a word beginning with f and ending with g that is considered profane is used by the artist.)

edit on 19-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Disclaimer

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Let me rephase your first sentence and see if it makes sense to you:

The Left are not all Nazis, but all their recent actions are like Nazis.

The logic centers in my brain tell me that vague collective terms like "The Right" and "The Left" are merely meaningless rhetorical devices.

You are talking about millions of individuals and claiming that they are all acting like Nazis.

Is that really what you want to say?

You have completely missed the point. First, you are the one comparing the actions to nazis. I did not introduce that element to the conversation. Second, I said not all lefties are terrorist/nazi/etc, but the actions of late are. The actions of some people from the left, as in the ones rioting in the streets, endangering lives, looting, etc, are acting like terrorists, or nazis, if you prefer. I never claim "all". I go out of my way to say not all, but some - because its true. But instead of accepting that simple fact I am forever met with people who have to make my statements more extreme than they really were and use that as an attack point. Its called a straw man argument. People here used to be quick to point that out in the past but I guess when its used by the left it goes unnoticed.

Not going to comment on the difference between the left and right behavior after the elections?
edit on 19-2-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I haven't missed any point. I repeated your statement back to you. Did you misspeak?

Let's try again ... you said "the actions [of Lefties] of late are terrorist/nazi/eetc."

Then you want to go to "some on the Left" ... etc. Honestly, you seem confused.

The violence that has crept into some protests is performed by a fraction of the people involved.

The issue I'm trying to get you to think about is simple: you are suggesting that millions of individual Americans are "on the Left" as if that makes them a homogeneous junta that all think alike, act alike, etc.

The reality is, at every one of these protests, there have been a small core group of individuals employing well established techniques to stimulate violent actions.

You are employing a rhetorical technique, as I have done in the past. I'm suggesting to you that if you start thinking in terms of individual people rather than large, vague monolithic groups like "the Left" ... I think you'll begin to see the situation much differently.

edit on 19-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: it -> if

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The violence that has crept into some protests is performed by a fraction of the people involved.

And almost certainly manufactured by someone who would enjoy seeing violence result.

People like that keep getting away with it because people like us keeping blaming nebulous concepts like "the left" or "Trump supporters" instead of specific people involved.

When you see "anti Trump" or "Alt Right" used to describe a person, or group of people, what has essentially happened is you have read editorialized news.

In a nation where we don't report the race of someone on the run, it seems insane we would reports mundane facts about peoples lives to categorize them.

LOL, we never see things like, "Green garden hose owner shoots up mall in Minnesorta" or "Tom Petty fan drives into a crowd of people".

Dog whistles and loaded statements. All partially digested and served up as "news", fresh and hot every hour.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed.

Alt-right is just a variation on a theme (although, to be factual, it was developed by a group to describe themselves). When applied to individuals en masse, it's nonsense.

Clinton's rhetorical blunder with the "basket of Deplorables" is a perfect example.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

OK, when someone brings in a liberal leaning speaker, even a very inflammatory one, to a more conservative place to speak, do we see anything like the Berkeley riots?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Neo-Nazi's have nothing to do with Conservatism. They may have right-wing leaning ideologies. However the mainstream right-wing (like you'll find on this site, which represents 99% of us...) do not endorse racism or homophobia.

Maybe a little Islamophobia, but then that's not really the correct term. I'm not afraid of Islam. I'm angry with Islam. I prefer the term Anti-Islam.

But then, most Conservatives aren't even that. Trump certainly isn't. He proved that by the countries from which he tried to put a temporary ban on, and will succeed sometime this month in doing.

How dare you compare us to Neo-Nazis. And for the record, there are a lot less of them than wild leftist anarchists and black lives matter folks ("Pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon") Not that I'm defending the Neo-Nazi's. Because I do not support their cause and they are no better than any other terrorist.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

OK, when someone brings in a liberal leaning speaker, even a very inflammatory one, to a more conservative place to speak, do we see anything like the Berkeley riots?

ANTIFA

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeKyu

Well said.

You know, it's almost like both [manufactured, programmed] "sides" are doing the same things ...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyeKyuHowever the mainstream right-wing (like you'll find on this site, which represents 99% of us...) do not endorse racism or homophobia

LOL, BULLSH##!!!

Let's revisit some of the bathroom or gay marriage threads. Or maybe go to some of the BLM riot threads and see how many times we can find the word, "monkies" or "animals" or "welfare".

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

ANTIFA

And that proves what exactly? That the right is fascist and the left is not? Get over yourself.

When you set out to fight a monster you should be careful not to become that which you fear.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: EyeKyuHowever the mainstream right-wing (like you'll find on this site, which represents 99% of us...) do not endorse racism or homophobia

LOL, BULLSH##!!!

Let's revisit some of the bathroom or gay marriage threads. Or maybe go to some of the BLM riot threads and see how many times we can find the word, "monkies" or "animals" or "welfare".

No it only proves that the left and right have different definitions on what tolerance is.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And.. fact is that that kind of # has been the staple of US news for the past 30 years or more, irrespective of what administration has been in place.

There were a few things that ATS Live taught me, and one was that US "news" and the news the rest of the world gets are generally two completely separate things.

And now its worse, because Trump is trying - apparently - to filter it even more, from massively US-centric to totally Trump-centric, and that is very, very dangerous.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join